1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Can you share your TinyBJD info with me?!

Apr 10, 2009

1. Hello,

I am working out a research project about TinyBJD trend & culture, and I am writing journal about this topic.

I know you all are BJD SUPER FANS, so I would like to ask for your help!!

Please help me answer the following questions:
      1. How do you define "TinyBJD" yourself?
      2. Which TinyBJD (Company Name / Doll Name / URL) do you have? (*VERY IMPORTANT)
      3. How many TinyBJD do you have?
      4. Do you sew for your TinyBJD?
      5. Do you think it is difficult to buy suitable accessories for your TinyBJD?

Thanks for your valuable input!! And your effort are highly appreciated!!

Please, THANK YOU!! :aheartbea:aheartbea

2. I hope this helps you :)

3. Best of luck with your project. ^^

One that can sit comfortably in my palm; I'm good at balancing my dolls.

2. Which TinyBJD (Company Name / Doll Name / URL) do you have? (*VERY IMPORTANT)
      Custom House / Raphael / ainai.com
      Angel of Dream / Nini / http://www.aoddoll.net/ (But I've modified her)

Two

Yes, but it's easier to knit and crochet for them because fabric can be too stiff or fray too easily, or my sewing gets crooked.

Only because I'm so picky. I've actually developed an interest in learning woodworking so I can make the right furniture for them. I always have an eye out, though, where ever I am, for things that are to scale for them.

4. Sent you a PM :)

5. Thanks PearlZenith, Shulamite & clochette!!!

6. 1. How do you define "TinyBJD" yourself?
      20cm and under are tiny to me, anything else is 'big'
      Sleeping Elf/Moona & Coco, Lati/Yellow, Puki/Flora, CustomHouse Bisou-ai/Bonbon
      5 and one ordered
      Yes
      Not really, using DoA, etsy and ebay but the tinier they are the easier as you can buy dollshouse stuff for them.

7. I couldnt honestly write down the companys and the links
      to all of the tinys I have ..
      But you may with pleasure check out my Flikr
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/sleepingelf/
      I find I am drawn to a certain style and size rather than the company that makes them

my collection is extensive ..and I always prefere the smaller the better
      and its also my job ...:):chocoberry
      so I am always hunting for things for my own dolls and my collection

I consider tinys ,,,they can sit in my hand or 1/12 scale
      love Elf and the new Peya, Dogibi ..Puki size , BlueFairy ,Bobobie
      and of course Lati ..White and Yellow

I buy a lot of rement ..and doll house things
      I sew for them and knit

but I do have to buy shoes for them ,love shoe shopping

I dont tend to go for the larger Yo /Fee size dolls ..I like them and have several for my wig making ..but I dont collect them like I do the smaller ones :aheartbea

8. 1. How do you define "TinyBJD" yourself?

Anything that I can hold in my hands without having to exercise much effort in carrying them around...a doll I can easily fit into my purse or backpack and conceal

I have a Garden of Dolls PpoPpo, a Fairyland LittleFee Pipi, and Fairyland Pukis Pipi, Flora, Cochon, Basilah Amir and have a ChocoCupid on order

I will have seven.

No I don't due to dexterity and vision issues

Not at all! I can find something fun for them wherever I go!

9. sounds like fun!! Hope this helps:

Anything that fits in the palm of my hand

Fairyland Pukis: Pipi, Cupid, Flora, Loreley, http://www.dollfairyland.com
      Fairyland LittleFees: Ante,
      Fantasy Doll: Amber, http://www.mintoncardinc.com
      FelixDoll Brownie: Bebe
      Wish-Art: Arium, Narn, Opium (Web-link removed)

Yes - when I have the time and my hands are behaving ;)

Not at all, you just have to be prepared to look for them.

10. 1. How do you define "TinyBJD" yourself?
      Can easily be transported and held in your hand.
      Fairyland's Pong, Cupid, Sugar (full dolls) faceplate for dreaming lily
      only 3 technically (see #2)
      I have been trying to! They are so small that it is very difficult.
      5. Do you think it is difficult to buy suitable accessories for your TinyBJD? A little, because I don't like a lot of the "really cute" stuff that is out there. I'm just picky that way. I like a little more attitude added to the cute if that makes sense!

11. 1. How do you define "TinyBJD" yourself?
      Anything that fits easily in my hand and/or dollshouse.

Elfdoll: Tiny Lyn and Jin Dal Re.
      Fairyland Littlefee: Ante.
      Fairyland Pukis: Pukisha and Pipi. (I have Lily and another Pukisha on the way).
      Sleeping Elf: Moona, Mina x 2 and Coco x 2.

Ten.

Not yet (I'm more of a knitter) but I intend giving it a go soon.

Not really. It's fun looking for stuff!

12. 1. How do you define "TinyBJD" yourself?
      I honestly think of "tiny" as something extremely small, but interchangeably also use the DoA definition of "tiny" as something smaller than a mini. There's a lot more size range in tinies than in the other sizes, it seems.

Maca: Fairyland PukiPuki Pukisha (http://efdoll.dreamweb.co.kr/index.php)
      Luc: Fairyland LittleFee Piki (http://efdoll.dreamweb.co.kr/index.php)
      Cetewind: ResinSoul Bei (http://www.resinsoul.com)
      Instar: ResinSoul Bao (http://www.resinsoul.com)

Four, with one more on the way.

Yes, I sew for all my dolls.

If I had them only as tinies and not within a family of larger dolls, I think I would find it easier, as Re-Ments are roughly scaled to them. But most Re-Ments don't scale quite right with my minis, who are harder for me to find accessories for.

13. 1. How do you define "TinyBJD" yourself?
      Anything smaller than an MSD. Which is smaller than 41-43cm.

Fairyland / Littlefee Shiwoo / dollfairyland.com
      Fairyland / Puki Pukisha / dollfairyland.com
      Fairyland / Puki pipi[I think] modded / dollfairyland.com
      Dollzone / Pet Fox / doll-zone.com

Four I guess. Hadn't really counted them before rofl.

I've tried--but gave up very quickly.

Not too bad no. But then again I have Denver Doll Emporium right next to me xD;;

14. 1. How do you define "TinyBJD" yourself?
      Dolls with a childlike body, or in smaller scale than 1/4

Customhouse Classic Ai Sariel, Petite Ai Uriel and Hanael http://ainai.com/
      Bambicrony Roko http://bambicrony.net/

4, 2 more on the way

Yes, but only for the Customhouse dolls, because I don't like the Bambicrony body

Not at all

15. 1. How do you define "TinyBJD" yourself?
      It's a BJD Smaller than 30 cm
      BB Dz Ani / Holly http://www.doll-zone.com/showcatalogue.asp?ps=36 (one Url for all)
      BB Dz Jing/ Kevin
      BB Dz Kay/ Mike
      Mini BB Dz Luna / Haine
      Sometimes, but just easy things like pijamas.
      Nop, uless you search for something very specific, but I always find someone who could do it for me (handmade things are the best!!!)
      Sorry for my english ^.^

16. 1. How do you define "TinyBJD" yourself?

A doll under 8 inches

Secretdoll Baby Fairy Yogi, Fairyland Puki Pipi, Rose, Pongpong, Lily and a custom Puki, and DD-Anne Hexad and Lii

Yes, I sew and crochet for them.

Not at all. Dollshouse miniatures are plentiful!

17. Here my responses:

Anything 8" or smaller. I have 3 BJDs that are smaller than MSD size, but I don't consider them tinies.

Elfdoll- Winky, Olivia, and Kai (14cm) and Hana Angel (8inch) www.elfdoll.com
      The Sleeping Elf- Moona www.thesleepingelf.com
      Tonner- Not supposed to mention them here because they are OT so I can't give a link, so I will just say I have 1 8inch
      Creedy- again, not supposed to mention them because they are OT so I can't give a link, so I will just say I have 1 8inch
      Fairyland- 1 Puki Mary, 1 Puki Penelope http://efdoll.dreamweb.co.kr/shop/step_submain.php?b_code=B20071101105202

Nine, until Elfdoll comes out with new tinies on the 20th:)

Yes

Not at all. That is why I love tinies. Re-ment is awesome and there are some many dollhouse accessories that work.

18. 1. How do you define "TinyBJD" yourself?
      Smaller than 11 1/2 inches

Elfdoll Lyn
      Fairyland Puki - Cupid and Lily
      Fairyland Littlefee - Ante, plus a Shiwoo faceplate
      Notdoll Lucy

5 plus faceplates (I like having extra heads!)

Very badly

No, not accessories - tons of cute things work with all my tinies. I would like more clothing options for my Elfdoll Lyn.

19. 1. How do you define "TinyBJD" yourself?
      Anything 30cm or less

Lati Yellow Lami, Lumi, and Cookie (by Latidoll)
      Puki Cupid and Piki (by Fairyland)
      Pocket Fairy Noma (by Bluefairy)
      and a Jaime Doll Ping in a week or so :) (by Jaimedoll)

6 (soon 7)

Sew and Knit

Not at all! I have lots of Re-ment.

20. 1. How do you define "TinyBJD" yourself?

I would define a tiny bjd as one of 12cm and under. One small enough to nestle sweetly in my hand and have such tiny little features I must hold them very close to my face to
      see it all:aheartbea

1) Luts / Cutie Delf Cory
      2) Jaime-Doll / Vito
      3) Wishel / Unbeknownst Wishel Demon(demon horns, demon wings, genderless body)
      4) Wishel / Unbeknownst Wishel Unicorn Boy(unicorn horn, boy body)

I have four tiny bjds:D

I would absolutely love to. I am having a very hard time finding clothes for my tinies, especially my Wishels. I have not yet made tiny clothes so this will be a new adventure for me^^

I've been more focused on finding them suitable clothing so I can't say for certain. I have found that the advice of the members right here on DoA is an invaluable resource when it comes to anything doll related. If I were to start looking for furniture or food or toys that would be to scale for my dolls I know I could find an answer here from one of our more experienced collectors^^