1. Become a DoA Archivist!
    Volunteers Needed!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Mod team regrets to inform the community that Mirodoll is now banned from Den of Angels. Please view the following thread:
    Mirodoll Banned from DoA
    Dismiss Notice

CatGrove Shiny - Critique

Jul 2, 2007

1. My CatGrove Shiny doll arrived earlier today and i have spent the past few hours getting to know her a little. I know that a lot of you are interested in this new company/doll so i thought i would post a critique for her here so you can make up your mind about her for yourselves.

Resin Quality:
      Lovely! Pale and creamy with a very slight touch of pink. No thin areas and very smooth and not at all shiny - in fact she has the least shiniest resin of all my dolls!
      10/10

Overall Sculpt:
      She has superb little feet, very detailed and slender. Her one-piece body has the cutest round belly and is very beautifully sculpted, especially around the hips and bottom - her shoulder blades are nicely defined too. As to her limbs, her legs are quite slender as are her arms. Her face is just wonderful and the reason i was so attracted to her so i am bound to say that are'nt i?
      8/10

Make-Up:
      Really lovely and very expertly done - i can't fault it but it is to my taste so others may disagree.
      10/10

Posing:
      She stands very well with no problems but as she has a one-piece body she is a bit limited with seated poses. Her arms pose pretty well but there is some limitation to shoulder movement...possibly a lot of tinies are like this but she's my first so i can't be sure. Her head holds any pose i put it in so that's gonna be great for photographing her.
      7/10

Extras:
      She came with a white dress and white headpiece which is very good quality and blue eyes. She has a magnetic headcap!!! Fantastic. Her travelling blanket is just soooo cute and beautifully made, her box is lovely too.
      7/10

Overall:
      I recommend anyone who has been debating about buying a CatGrove Shiny to go ahead and order one, i honestly don't think you will be disappointed with her. Her only slightly negative point is some limited posing issues due to her one piece body.
      For me she is a 9/10 overall.

Here's the pics!:aheartbea

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Oh, she's so cute! Conagratulations on getting her, I have been dying to see RL pictures. Is she easy to find clothes for?

3. ..so much for the critique! I have looking at this little one too. I do like her resin very much & that cute face :D Your pics are excellent.
      enjoy!

~kate

4. I also appreciate your critique. I was hoping someone would let us know how they like her. Her little belly is adorable! Looks like her eyes are nice too. She looks like a tiny little girl - I really like her.
      Robin

5. she is a little poppet
      you know she reminds me a little of the SecretDoll
      ...she could be Sen`s bigger Sister ...how cute is that

6. Toydogz4: I have'nt bought any clothes for her yet, i will have to look in to that one - i will let you know. For now i intend to make her some clothes, i have already made trousers.
      :aheartbea

Latedate_Kate: Thanks. Her resin is really nice, i wish some of my other dolls had such a great colour too.

robinlikesdolls: Thank you, i'm pleased that she is getting some good feedback.

tinybear: I did'nt think of that! Yes she does look like Secretdolls bigger sister. I wish i knew more about the CatGrove Doll company it would be nice to see more dolls from them would'nt it? Maybe they will be similar to the Secretdoll sculpts. I don't mean they copy or anything just that Secretdoll sculpts are to my taste and it would be great to have another company that produced dolls i like.
      :aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea