1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Charles' Creature Cabinet (CCC's) 2009

Aug 18, 2009

1. What did you order?
      BuBu Odoroki & Snoink
      When did you order?
      May 2009.
      Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Through the company.
      How was the communication?
      Good.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Easy, I used their 2 payment layaway plan and paid through Paypal. Charles invoiced me each month before my payment was due, and it worked out great.
      How long did it take to ship?
      Slow. It took about 3 weeks from the time my final payment was made, until my order was updated to "Processing", and then another for the status to change to "In Transit". Once my order did ship, it took 15 days to reach me in the Washington DC area. Unless requested, Charles does not provide package tracking numbers because the Netherlands shipping service he uses seem to make it difficult for the recipient to do a trace. However, Charles did run a trace from his end when I asked him to.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, exactly! But BuBu is even cuter in person, and Snoink is adorable too!
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      Completely happy!
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      Yes, as stated above, Charles himself traced my package and it ultimately arrived via USPS the next day.
      Would you order from this company again?
      Yes! In a heartbeat! Though, I'd be aware that it might take up to 3 months, or a bit longer to get my doll. That said, it was worth the wait! BuBu's resin has a lovely, smooth texture, and completely even pumpkin orange coloring. He poses nicely too. Snoink is a 5-way jointed miniature teddy-pig and is really a little work of art in his own right.
      Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes!

2. What did you order?
      Snoink and Boneka Kayu (would have got Bubu Odoroki too but he was sold out).
      When did you order?
      May 2009
      Company
      Reasonably good. They do get back to you if you have a question but it might take a little time.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Pretty easy. I also used 2-payment layaway. However I didn't receive an invoice for the second payment, maybe because I paid it early. Most of the other doll companies don't send invoices so I'm used to just paying my layaways without any prompting when I have the money available. Unfortunately, my payment didn't get credited to my account so I had to contact them and make sure they got it and updated my account to "Paid", which they did right away as soon as I let them know about the situation.
      It might have been a little bit slow but I am not sure because I was away at the time these were shipping. I did get it in hand within a couple months after the first Bubus went out, so it wasn't a super-long wait. Also, I had asked for my Boneka to be painted a certain way so maybe that added to the time as it was a custom request.
      Yes. I also liked how the item came in a cute little wooden box with a sliding lid that I can use for my dolls to store things later.
      Yes, and my custom paint job on Boneka looks like the reference picture too.
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes, it's fine.
      Yes, I'd just be extra careful to note that my payments got posted to my account.
      Yes

3. What did you order?
      An orange Issa Moriko, a Youchuu, and a wooden crib/bed.

When did you order?
      August 8th 2009

Directly at the CCC website.

Very good. I usally got a reply within 1 to 2 days when I emailed CCC.

How easy was it to pay?
      For some reason I kept getting the message that my paypal address wasn't validated while it is a validated address. So I ended up using wire transfer, which was pretty easy as CCC and I have an account at the same bank. (No extra fees.)

Issa Moriko and the bed were shipped August 31th. Youchuu was shipped November 10th. I contacted CCC to ask why the shipment of Youchuu took so long and was told that the September events caused delays.

I think the bed is even better in real life. Very sturdy and detailed. I'm impressed. ^_^
      Youchuu and Issa Moriko are of a nice glowy resin.

Yes.

Were you satisfied with the product?/If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      Yes, but I contacted CCC when I noticed that there was a spot in the resin in the face of Issa Moriko. It didn't matter that I already had her a few weeks when I noticed it. I was sent a replacement for free and was allowed to keep the Issa Moriko with the spot. ^_^

Yes.

Yes.