1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Charm Doll Discussion

Jan 13, 2014

1. Oh, so sad( I'll try to open site next week. Thank you very much!

2. @GreenTeaSlug
      I don’t have an Ethan yet! I’ve been going back and forth between him or Hugh while I save up for the purchase. :? I like both of them, and now Sean too! Their boys are proving to be quite the temptation for me, lol.:eusa_pray

3. This is yet another crappy phone picture, but I feel the massive lack of owner photos of Nastya must be accounted for, so here's a bit of spam. :)
      [​IMG]

4. Ahh how beautiful
      [​IMG]
      This is my girl!

#124 LapisShufflin, Sep 10, 2018
      Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    5. @Artemis Bless you for more Nastya photos! I've been left out here in the desert for so long o(--(

P.S. What a stunning outfit! Your Nastya is lovely <3

6. Hi all! I'm not sure if this is the right place, but does anyone have any experience with Charm Doll's tan resin? I'm still a newbie and tan resin scares me a bit (I've heard tale of horrible seam lines, sanding marks, and turning green) but Im falling in love with Hugh and Ethan and would love some variation in my crew.

7. @schmooples
      I don't have experience with CharmDoll's resin, but as they are a sister company to Loongsoul, I would assume they have the same caster. My Loongsoul tan is beautiful and slightly translucent--imported (environmental) tan. There are no sanding marks or seam lines. I purchased it recently so I can't tell you about greening, but it may have some UV protection as environmental tends to.

8. @americanseamstress thank you! I've got some time to think on it, but this helps point me in the right direction!

9. @schmooples I don't blame you one bit for being smitten with those sculpts. Hugh is on my wish-list...... and I hope the powers of the Dolly Universe are kind to you. This isn't a company that's seen enough, but their dolls certainly look gorgeous!

10. @mollym thank you! I found them while I was trolling through Alice's Collections and was super surprised when I searched Instagram and didn't find their hashtags overflowing with pictures. They definitely need more love.

11. I am in love with Vibia, think I will be ordering her soon!

12. I have a LoongSoul tan from 2013 (Lion-Elsa) and she has no problems whatsoever. It's a beautiful soft medium tan and there are no seamlines or flaws. Most greening was an issue in the early tan days, especially with Iplehouse. (Akando's) Many companies have fixed these issues over the years or learned from other companies mistakes.

In the meantime, I've ordered a Chihuo head seeing as he was being discontinued. I'm thinking of ordering a Doll Chateau body for him, possibly the A-body-08 which is 72cm. The neck and shoulders might be fine? It's a demon head, so the alien-ness of a DC body might work.

13. @Bristol thank you! I think I've just about talked myself into a tan Hugh .

I'm not sure about the hybrid, but it sounds neat! If you decide on it I'd love to see pictures. I've been trying to figure out a good hybrid for my DC Snowborn floating head, but think I'll probably end up having him on the A-body-08, it's a really lovely body.

14. Hello!! i wonder if anyone has orderen Aaron and Jonasson as well?

i saw pictures of Jonasson from another people! >//< but not Aaron pics....

Anyone has ordered him? ´3`

Someone ordered Aaron?

#134 Maite, Nov 30, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2018
    15. I'm having such a hard time to find information about Charm doll's resin, so I'm going to ask her.
      Do you know anything about what matches the different resins from Charm doll? I'm trying to get an idea of the resins so I can decide which resin to order :whee:

16. I’m sure charmdoll releases wonderful sculpts, and I know they’re newer but I had an awful experience with them. I ordered a charmdoll gale through them and he took seven months to get here, when he did his proportions were really off and his faceup just wasn’t what I wanted. I just wasn’t expecting it and ended up putting him up for sale the same day. (Luckily I was able to sell him to a wonderful new home with an owner who adores him! I still get updates and it makes me really happy)

17. Ive got a tracking number for my Sean!

Im so excited for him, I ordered him in the prince outfit and the prince faceup. I hope the jointed hands I ordered him fits and is an okay skin color match

He is in the solid white resin color.
      I looked around about french resin since they only offer french now, and I dont like it and how light shines through it
      I prefer the solid color. I did ask if they were going to bring it back but i never got a reply so Im not holding my breath.

Im happy that Joanna isnt limited because I want her, but only if she comes in solid resin.

I hope to post pictures of him when he arrives, he has a very sweet face :love

18. I am waiting for my Sean as well :D he'll be in normal skin and so far it seems their French resin is not as transparent as in some other companies. Someone here at the forums has quite an old white skin Charmdoll and she looks great!

@GreenTeaSlug has yours arrived yet? I keep looking for owner photos since mine is on layaway and will probably take a while longer anyway :sweat

19. Mine arrived and I love him so much, the clothes, the faceup and the resin feels amazing.

Im still sad that solid resin isnt a choice anymore, but Im glad I could atleast have Sean in that resin atleast. Joanna and their daughter will have to wait until they bring back that choice.

@Dei Im sorry for the bad quality, I really tried but Im really inept with photography it seems. All of the photos I took, except this one, turned out a blurry mess lol! Ill have to fiddle with the camera and the setup more

[​IMG]

I changed the eyeballs to soul in a box, I didnt like the default eyeballs, felt they were too big and too cartoony lol

His name is PrinceyPoo

20. @GreenTeaSlug thank you so much! :D he is perfect!
      It's the first time in ages that I bought a doll without seeing any owner photos so this makes me very excited! What a cutie :love
      What size eyes did you use? I was planning to get him something from Soul in a Box and these look perfectly sized.