1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Charm Doll Discussion

Jan 13, 2014

1. The 70 male one I have came to me perfectly strung out of the box, no issues with that so maybe its on a doll to doll basis?

His posing isnt as great as their sister company Loongsoul but that is big shoes to fill, because to me loongsoul are the best posers around anyway to me, none comes even close to being as good as Loongsoul in that area

His posing I would say is average or a little better because he is able to hold it without sueding

2. My Sean arrived a few weeks ago and he already has a face! I ordered him blank but was fortunate enough to snatch a faceup slot at my favourite artist so he came back last week and I am in love :D

One photo of the faceup here, there are more at my Flickr account :)
      [​IMG]
      ghost
      by BRAN(D) NEW LOVER, on Flickr

As for resin quality, I ordered normal yellow and he is very pale, definitely paler than my other normal yellow dolls. The environmental resin is just slightly transluscent which is a bit strange for me since I haven't actually owned a doll made of it before, but I got used to it quickly. There are no seamlines at all, in fact he is so smooth that he's shiny :XD:

As for posing, he came very nicely strung and maybe my expectations are low since I own a Dollshe Pure body (:lol:) but he poses like a dream! I especially like the way his joints lock, they make him very very stable. He had no problem at all sitting on a high stool and did not need any additional support:
      [​IMG]
      ghost
      by BRAN(D) NEW LOVER, on Flickr

I ordered him on a long layaway via ACBJD and by the time I paid him off he was ready and was sent to me the next day! So all in all a great buyer experience :)

3. Hi! Thank you for sharing this! Its very helpful. Now I'm thinking about buying Legend Doll jointed hands for my favorite Charmdoll girl in white resin.

I'm just also going to share her photo here. Sorry for the bad quality. She is a Charmdoll Anna in white resin :)

[​IMG]

4. Oh he looks lovely! Remind me of model Bella Hadid. He brought that high fashion vibe!

5. More Nastya spam to fill the void! Been finally putting in a bit of effort to better customize her into the intended character; I tried dyeing her wig burgundy red and it ended up bright pink instead, but whatever works. B) Also finally ordering her some eyes that should fit her weird eyewells (after like two years of having the defaults lol, am terrible doll mom).
      [​IMG]

6. I'm a little worried, due to the nCoV outbreak... doll production may be delayed. :( I ordered for Charmdoll - Kris

7. You could always ask the vendor if that's a problem in the region. The thing to keep in mind, is it's really good to still buy from Chinese doll makers, because they still need the income in their time of need. I'm sure most of us understand that there may be significant delays, but it's because many lives are changing and possibly even ending. Everyone is looking forward to things getting healthy again.

8. I finally got to take some pictures of my 26 cm Charm doll Winnie.
      She's normal pink and has company face up + body blushing.
      The pink is very light in comparison to other companies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Does anyone know how often Charmdoll has a sale and what heir sales usually apply to? Like is it a general % off sale?

10. Not too often. Maybe twice a year? I got my DingDang during a sale and I think it was like 15% off or something? I could be wrong, of course.

11. the lowest is 20% or 15% off I guess? usually during China's national day, 11.11 period or Chinese new year period.

12. Does anyone have resin comparisons for Charm Doll and Fairyland NS? I have some floating Fairyland heads and I really like the Charm Doll bodies.

Thanks for your help!

13. Hey Miyuki could you share the pics again? they weren't displayed on the screen. I'm thinking hard between pink and white skin but if the company does whole body blushing then white may not be too bad.

I'm planning to order Cora. Couldn't find any owner pics on the Internet. Look like she's not super popular but I love her face feature and the company makeup for her.

14. So do Loongsoul bodies work with Charmdoll heads? I like the Charmdoll male bodies but I wish we had options for the male parts.

15. I just ordered a Charm Doll Carson!! Can't wait to get it!!

16. Hello, everybody in this thread!
      I didn't know where to address my question and decided to ask here. An acquaintance of mine would like to change palm parts of current Dollzone B70-004 body onto more delicate ones and stop the choice on Charm Doll hands. But we cannot understand, if their wrist joint will fit, because there is no info about a wrist circumference of original Charm Doll body (CDB-B71-01).
      Can someone here give me this measure or, maybe, approximate wrist ball diameter of CD hands?

17. Hello all! Does anyone know if Charm doll offers tan skin all the time or just for events?

18. Hi guys! What's the wait time on ordering from Charm Doll like?