1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Charm Doll Minis

May 19, 2017

1. @Holstein How did you read my mind? xP This is my first doll in 3 years so I will definitely make a box opening! xD

2. @Athenril congratulations! Please do share your box opening! So sad about the face up. The ones I saw on line looked good, but each one could turn out different.

Mine must be getting close as I ordered two months ago. Maybe in another couple weeks? I'm all ready for him.

3. @kurogane Yeah, you should be getting your boy home soon as well! :) I'm relieved it wasn't a 5-month wait, like LS, haha.

Of course I don't expect top quality from a company faceup, but I think they at least could have gotten the eyebrows symmetrical xD Plus, they put a lot of glitter on his face, I wonder if that's going to look strange in photos. Well, I will see when he arrives, at the very least I'll get him repainted in a few months.

4. @Athenril Glitter? I don't remember seeing glitter in the promo pics, but then again I didn't look closely at the company face up as I was going to get him blank to save money, plus I want to blush his ears blue and white. Yeah, a company face up should have symmetry! Wonky eyebrows aren't acceptable. Really sad as it's a waste of money.

5. @kurogane I had no idea you didn't need MSC with airbrushes? I'd really like to get into faceups myself, but I'm way too insecure about that (Though I know that from time to time you just have to... do it.)

Also cutting up a decent pair is indeed sad. Maybe try your luck at flea markets? Or at second hand shops. ^^

I should really get to making stuff for my dolls. Now it's vacation I don't have any motivation at all, but during the schoolyear i'd complain I have no dolly time. I should just grab my sewing machine and go. <-<

EDIT: glitter in his faceup? :0 I haven't noticed as well >-< Glad you guys' wait are almost over! ♥ I'll have to wait another month or 3 I assume. (ordering through dealer soooo it's taking a bit longer i suppose ~_~ )

6. @Heliotropium yes, that is the good news about airbrushs! I watch the UTube videos of Nicolle's Dreams and she uses an airbrush with matte acrylic varnish. I need to find out exactly what brand she uses, but that got me excited as I hate msc, or anything toxic. I used to have an airbrush but got rid of it when I was done with art school. I thought I'd never use one again, but I regret it now as airbrushes are expensive (the quality ones). It will be over $100 and I'll need an air compressor, and other supplies. As much as a mid priced bjd, lol. Still debating if it might be easier just to commission face ups, but I have never hired a professional face up artist before. Blank dolls are beginning to grow on me as I see mine everyday! :aeyepop:

Oh, forgot! I ordered from Alice's Collections so mine might take a little more. I counted up the weeks and this is week 9. I was thinking three to four months, but hey, if he comes early, YAY!

7. @Heliotropium You should totally make something! It's fun! I recently made some cute flower crowns and I've been practicing crochet to make some hats or little accessories. I wish I could sew, but I don't even have a sewing machine.

@kurogane I'd say an airbrush is a good investment if you have many dolls, but with all the supplies it seems quite expensive indeed. I prefer to commission faceups and I've only had pleasant experiences so far.

Maybe glitter is the wrong word, it's like....tiny shimmery particles all over his face. It's a bit much, haha.

8. Humm, shimmery face up. I've seen more of them lately from companies. Not sure if I like them or not. I guess it depends on the character.

I hope your Renard looks better in RL @Athenril. That is good news about commissioned face ups. The right face up makes the doll complete.

Knowing my Renard is getting closer to being ready, is getting me excited.

9. @kurogane ah man! The regret of throwing stuff out once done with school. Haha. Well, if you're already Involved with faceups and think it's worth spending.... Do it! Maybe you could even do commissions in the future! And yeah, blank dolls are growing on me as Well with Hazel. Though I hope to see her with a faceup soon!

@Athenril You know what? Today I totally did. I grabbed my fimo, my fake flowers and other stuff i could use, and I totally made some Jackilope inspired flowercrown for Dauw (Fons' (Renard) sister). :3 and im so satisfied with the outcome, and I had so much fun. Also made horns for Hazel which I will make a flowercrown later for.
      With the leftover Fimo im going to make Mickey Mouse ears for my non-BJD doll who will travel with me to Disneyland Paris! Me and my boyfriend are going to semi-cosplay Red Queen and White Rabbit when in Red Queen's court and my doll will be dressed as Alice, so the headband Will be Alice themed :3
      (Hope it's okay to talk about this x.x)

AND! I just checked my dealer, and since Charm doll belongs to Loongsoul (and it says so on my receipt too), I checked when she'll order with Loongsoul and it's the 27th of this month :D wooo! *Running around like a madman because I had coffee*
      Sidenote, I hope you get your dolls soon enough, although it's going to take a little Longer for you, @kurogane

10. @Heliotropium That sounds great! :) I'm a huge fan of everything Alice-themed, I hope you'll have a great time! And I love making flower crowns, I finally found some tiny flowers in a local store and it's super cute. Hopefully you won't have to wait long for your boy, CD seem like they deliver within the promised dates. :)

And in case we've gotten too off-topic, Charm Doll released a new 42 cm girl, Joyce Joyce, 42cm Charm Doll Girl - BJD Dolls, Accessories - Alice's Collections She's pretty cute!

11. Joyce is cute! I can see her as a girl or boy.

Thankfully no 'special' ears. I'm safe. Sticking with unusual ears, or face sculpts is helping keep the collecting under control.

12. @Athenril Lucky! I have a hard time finding small, pretty flowers. Most I've found are crappy, too big, too "fake". BUT! When cleaning the atelier at school (as one of the few 10 from a group of over +50 people) before summer, they found this huge box of decorative flowers with..... yep, decorative flowers that are PERFECT. and you know what? I took them XD Other people were snatching up clothing (it was a huge clothing stock we were cleaning up) and I snatched up those 8) I finished the Mickey Mouse ears today as well and I adore them ♥ now I'm all set for disneyland :D I have no idea when I'll have Renard, but I'm not going to worry about it. The shipping note will come in a few months ^^

And Joyce is adorable, wow! I love the combination of the faceup and the skin color on the stock photos, along with those pretty eyes. But I'm safe though, not really the "wow i want!" feeling like I had with Renard.

13. @Athenril I checked out your box opening. Aww, he is so much better looking than I expected.

#54 kurogane, Jul 24, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    14. @kurogane Thank you, but I think that would make things too complicated. :) I've kind of warmed up to his faceup as he's been sitting next to me here, so I don't know how soon I'll get him repainted. Here's a fancy beauty shot I took before the sun disappeared. :) I'd like to get him a different wig and eyes, but I don't know what kind yet.

[​IMG]Theo by Aylena Ceran, on Flickr

15. I understand. He does look so cute how you have him dressed. :love

This is the beginning of the 10th week of waiting for me. So close.

16. @Athenril Oh my lord, he's gorgeous. I know he's just borrowing things, but I totally love your pastel mori-esque aesthetic for him, ahahaha.

Your pictures show off is sweet, droopy eyes so well. Aaaaa~ (I'm gonna post in your box-opening thread later so more people can experience him haha).

17. @CalamityoftheStorm Thank you! :) No, he doesn't come with that outfit. The shirt and pants are from a company called Amors, the necklace and flower crown was made by me, and everything else I've bought from Taobao over the years.

@Holstein Thank you! :blush The mori kei style is my absolute favorite for dolls, but it's also a real struggle to find clothes in that style xD I am so happy he can wear those shoes, I've had them for ages and none of my dolls could fit in them before!

18. I dug out a different wig and eyes for Theo, it's actually a YoSD wig, but it fits him easily. :)

[​IMG]Theo by Aylena Ceran, on Flickr

Tags: