1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

ChicoBricks (Old Astral in Rainbow) General Discussion Thread

Aug 15, 2013

1. I figured since (A.I.R.) revamped their name and image, a new general discussion thread was in order for these lovelies.

Check out all her beautiful dolls here.

I am absolutely in love with Siwoo's style and dolls, and have wanted to get one for some time but always forget to check the site regularly for updates. ^^;; Now timing is on my side. I wonder if others out there could share their Chico's :aheartbea

The new sleeping Darjeeling (LINK) is really precious. I love the size of her body, but curious where to find small SD size clothes for her? She goes on sale August 19, 10pm Korean Standard Time. She is limited to only 18 though, so it is first come, first serve by way of email order. ^^; Anyone going to try for her?

2. She is very interesting! I like the body! I would think some SD separates would work and some 18" doll clothes might work.

3. I'm sorely tempted, I love my Zaoll's size and sleeping molds for that matter. In a few of the photos they use SD10 clothing. Only 18! >_< I'll be considering...

4. I am smitten by this girl. I love the chubby body.

5. I like her too, I think she'd fit SD girl clothing, they're both a bit thick of build. If I got her she'd have to be a little sister to my RUY and I don't think Swift has a baby sister. I do love having an AIR/ChicoBricks doll in my group. He has a very mellow presence which is good for all the other divas.

Here is Swift:
      [​IMG]

6. He's very beautiful. How is the company's resin quality please?

7. @Idris: Swift is such a beauty! I feel like AIR/Chico dolls have this beautiful simplicity about them. ^^ I rarely see them on the boards, I often forget they exist. Thanks for sharing, his faceup is beautiful... is that the default?

Arg, I feel like I shouldn't let the opportunity to pass by but seems so impulsive at the moment. ><;

Anyone have an OE Darjeeling they'd like to share???

8. @theresa 226 : Resin quality is so good. I have Darjeeling white, She have volks Pure-skin Hand parts :)

[​IMG]

9. I ordered Sleeping Darjeeling but I was too late to get a faceup. The 18 are sold out now.

10. I tried for one but it was too late. Maybe a blessing in disguise as it would have taken a big chunk of dolly change.

11. DANG! I thought I could order when I got home from work... >__< I should have known 18 was too few a number to chance there would be one or two left.

Congrats Nancy, I hope you will share her. :)

@violetpink, your girl is precious! Thank you for sharing her. <3

12. Ruy had 2 options for the default face-up and I asked if I could have the one version but with the eyebrows and lashes of the other and she said yes! It really is very finely done with soft, delicate line work. I am sorry that so many people missed out on the face-up versions of Darjeeling.

13. @Dybbuk : Thank you! I ordered Sleeping Darjeeling :) I wish introduce Two Darjeeling this thread >_<

[​IMG]

14. Oh, and I ordered a Sleeping Darjeeling. I was on vacation at the time and was so worried that I'll miss my chance.
      It was so exciting. But I was in time!
      I missed the chance to buy Darjeeling in 2012 and was very upset about it then. But now I'm lucky!

Very sad that I have not found a box opening with Darjeeling :(
      I am very interested to see how she comes.

15. Congrats violetpink and unSaint Saturn! ;-; You two are some lucky ducks to bring such lovely girls home. I too am curious how Chicobricks packages their dolls/what kind of box she arrives in.

@Violetpink: I was curious how the posability is for the Chico dolls? I don't expect them to be like Minifee's or anything, but do they stand pretty well? and sit solidly? ^^

16. Hah completely forgot to drop by here when I actually won the sleeping darjeeling too.

I do own 2 AIR/Chicobrick dolls, they both came packaged differently but I believe it might be due to size.

The Yo-SD size they had, Cinnamon, came in a black hard-box.
      Darjeeling, on the other hand, actually came in what I believe is a tripod-stand case. She`s just short enough to fit in one snugly.

Not sure how she`s packaging them this time around, but I should get mine sometime next week.

17. About AIR dolls packaging - I own four AIR yosd dolls, they came in boxes, very well packed. I saw arrival pictures of Darjeeling and noticed that she comes in a bag.
      I'm a little nervous about this now, because the mail in Russia are not very gently works with parcels. :(

18. I was very surprised and a little worried when I saw the petite and slightly bent box yesterday! But the bag is sturdy and she is well bubble wrapped inside. Mine came through just fine!

Now she just needs a faceup, eyes, wig, clothes and shoes!

19. Oh, I congratulate you with the safe arrival of your Darjeeling!
      Will you show us a photo?

20. My sleeping darjeeling caused quite some trouble before managing to arrive at my house.
      Siwoo was nice enough to actually go and look up my lost in transit doll (who stayed in limbo for 5days almost due to said "computer error" which is a lie since the US packages were gone by then with some passing through my country) and then go to the post office which isin`t close to her.

She`s different from the original darjeeling in the headplate and the inside of the headcap. The original darjeeling had SiWoo molded into the headcap, while Sleeping darjeeling is rather solid inside.

Here`s mine with a rush job faceup
      [​IMG]
      Experimenting by KimaLucifer, on Flickr