1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Choosing your first doll - How hard was it for you?

Jun 27, 2011

1. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first?
      I only had $400 including shipping. I want my first to be tan girl and Msd size. So with those requirements I started my search.
      And when did you know that this doll should be your first?
      I couldn't find anything I liked better.
      Did you get unhappy with your choice? Do you wish / did you wish that you've ordered another one?
      Because I'm still waiting for her I get a little nervous about whether or not I'll like her.
      Which doll was your first and do you still own it?
      I choose a Tan Dollzone Annie
      extra question: Were you even able to choose it? Was it a present?
      My parents gave me $200 for my birthday to do whatever with.

2. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first?
      He caught my eyes the moment I saw him *-*
      When I first saw him! I told my gf to never sell him away to other people because I'll get him from her!
      Did you get unhappy with your choice? Do you wish / did you wish that you've ordered another one?
      I'm very to have him! I love him to bits! But I wish I'd have gotten a new body for him T~T
      A hybrid CP EL. ^___^

3. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first?
      I read a lot about him here on DoA.
      As soon as I saw his face I fell in love.
      I absolutely love him and would not trade him for anything.
      A bobobie tiny Lucky and yes I do.

4. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first?
      I wrote "BJD" on ebay and I found my gorgeous KDF Bory !

I totally fell in love with him.

Oh no, I'm so happy with my boy. I never wish I had ordered another one.

He is a Kid Delf Bory boy and he is still with me.

5. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first? I really wanted something cost-efficient in case I felt the hobby wasn't right for me, and also because that was the limit. My parents didn't want me to spend more than that on something I might not like, which was a good idea. I at first wanted an AoD Liu Yin, but after seeing owner pics, her eyes were too cat like for the character. I really took a gamble with a new company, which had few reviews, but all positive, but I was so in love with 5Star Emma....Her eyes seemed to tell a story, and despite looking smiling, the slight droop of her eyes made her sad. I was in love and still am~

And when did you know that this doll should be your first? She met the requirements of being cost efficient and someone I was looking for.

Did you get unhappy with your choice? Do you wish / did you wish that you've ordered another one? Not at all! she turned out to be very versatile. I wish that I had been able to get a more well-known doll I wanted at the time, a SOOM MD, but that's also a risk as a first doll ^_^;

Which doll was your first and do you still own it? My 5Stardoll Emma is still with me~

extra question: Were you even able to choose it? Was it a present? I was limited in choosing, but 50% is money that I scrounged up from $20 dollar allowances for a while...the rest, my mother payed.

6. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first?
      As soon as I saw her sweet little face I knew she had to be mine! It was love at first sight.
      The second I saw her first photo. Every photo after that made me lust after her even more.
      HELL NO! I will never ever get rid of her, no matter how much my doll taste may change in the future - I believe i will always have a soft spot for her.

7. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first?
      I only had $400 including shipping. so i looking for a doll in that amount )
      when i saw a promo foto
      no
      I choose a Snow-Sing from Doll Love and yes i still own it
      it was my own money

8. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first?
      Back then, when I just found this hobby, I searched/goggled for info on these dolls and stumbled upon a little BJD forum where I asked a bunch of questions and inquiring what doll would fit this description. "Moody Prince, with a bad attitude." Yeah, cliche, I know. XD

The forum owner then showed me a bunch of websites/dolls and then I saw him.
      The doll I thought was just perfect for the character.

When I keep going back to the website and ogling at his pictures, haha.

When I received him, I was very excited but that excitement/rush faded within a few days and I knew it was a mistake ordering him. He wasnt what I wanted at all. I just bought him on a whim and I wished I had research more before plunging in.

He's a Dollzone MO and no, I sold him a while back after I had him for two years. I felt nothing but relief.
      He's beautiful but TOTALLY didnt suit my tastes at all so it's better for him to go to a better and more loving home.

Extra question:
      Were you even able to choose it? Was it a present?
      Of course I was able to choose it! And my awesome dad bought him for me so I guess it's kinda a present!

9. My first doll was megu, suddenly was electric to, to now put it down.

10. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first?
      That time, I never thought about having one, Until I found her on someone's blog. I fell in love and decided that it must be her.
      She's just so cute. I can't resist to look at the mold everyday.
      No, I didn't. In fact I regret that I should buy her a twin!
      Yo-tenshi hinata and Yes!

11. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first?
      I was looking for my first doll a few years. Accidentally, I found Villemoart page, and there I saw her. I immediately fell in love with her sad face ^_^
      I could look at her for hours and come back time after time on page and then look for more new photos.
      Did you get unhappy with your choice? Do you wish/did you wish that you've ordered another one?
      No, definitely not
      Dollzone Kimi, and she's still with me

Extra question:
      I have bought her with my own money

12. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first?
      It was kinda hard at first because my friend shown my so many different site. So one by one I slowly narrow down to a few site i really loved and would buy again from. Then look at each site of the price ranges that I could afford for now. Then I fell in love with the Dream of Doll site. Then I looked at the Dream of Teen dolls. I knew I want male and one I really wanted to show off to people. :)
      Well I was looking at the different limited dolls and knew I would like the Ducan head mold even if it was not an elf.
      Nope I love Ducan since he is my first doll. :D
      Ducan is my first doll and I still own him.
      I was able to choose my doll

13. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first?
      I was window shopping and after deciding on the 60cm size, I fell in love with the crobidoll yeon-ho scuplt

I was completely infatuated with his face and the default faceup was gorgeous.

Did you get unhappy with your choice?
      I was alittle apprehensive when I was waiting for him to arrive, but once I saw him it was love at first sight.

Do you wish/did you wish that you've ordered another one?

Nope, I'm completely satisfied with my choice.

Aiden is a Crobidoll Yeon-ho on a B&G type 2 boys body and yes, he's still with me.

I bought his head from crobidoll with my own money and recieved his body as a birthday present.

14. My first doll(still getting the money dont actually have him) is a long 70cm. Bbb/rs his name will be evander. I was on jnky spot looking at every brand through and thriugh and subconiousky i always went back to him, long 70cm bbb. I was trying to turn myself away and get a small cheap obitsu but i just couldint get him out of my mind. Thats when i knew he was the one. I just cant wait to have him!

15. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first?
      Well, at first I was searching for something cheaper, something I could manage to save up for, but the moment I saw LinLin (5star tan Tong Tong), I fell in love.

The moment I looked at her pictures. She was in a reasonable price range, and she was so darling, I had to have her.

No. I love her, and I'm really glad she is my first doll. She's easy to manage, and I love her so.

LinLin is my first doll, and yes. xD I just got her.

I chose her. -Nodnod- I hope to get a present of a doll someday.

16. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first?
      I went to a BJD panel and convinced myself i was gonna get one of them. It was a mostly volks panel, so that was the -only- company 3 i knew of. Anyways, so i started looking from sd 13 down....
      sd 13: too big....
      sd 10: too expensive...
      DDs: too expensive...
      MDDs: OOH ME GUSTA
      MSDs: mm, i think i'll go with the MD- OOOH MY GOD LOOK AT HOW CUTE SAKURA IS.

....and that's what happened
      when i saw that face. i'm a sucker for sweet things. (no pun intended.)
      *SCREAMS* NEVER. NEVER IN 100000 YEARS. but her wig is SO obnoxious, but that can be fixed, right? I still need a new one. =^=
      Volks MSD Sakura. Yesh. Yesh i do.

17. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first?
      i was browsing many different websites trying to get a general idea about dolls when i came across Resin Soul. Their dolls are not only really pretty, but they're also pretty affordable!

When I found myself looking at her everyday, multiple times a day, and when I started planning outfits for her. Oh and gave her a name in my mind.

Can't really say, I'm ordering her next week, but I've seen a LOT of dolls, and so far, she's my favourite based on looks and cost.

This will be my first doll :D

Extra question: Were you even able to choose it? Was it a present?
      It is a present, but I'm choosing it. My fiance is paying for most of it, so I consider it a gift :lol:

18. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first?
      I looked around a lot of dolls on ebay (didn't realize back then you could buy from companies, so I settled for dealers) Until I found one I realllly loved the look of.

When I automatically started plotting his character just from one look XD

sort of? Due to insufficient packaging he came with a chunk smashed out of his head, that was heartbreaking. And it took months to sort everything out. So for a long time I was really upset and didn't want to play with him too much, because it just kept reminding me of all the problems and how they were still unresolved. But I never really wished I could have ordered a different doll.
      My first doll was an Angel of Dream WangZi, and yes I still own him. I love him to bits ouo <3

Extra question:

I did get to choose him, though he was half my own money and half a present

19. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first?
      I saw a picture of her face and I was sold

When I jokingly asking my husband if I could buy it and he said yes despite him knowing the ticket price. I know not to question fate.

While waiting for her I did have moments of doubt. But now that she's home, I can't imagine not having her.

Kaelyn and DOC Petsha and I've only had her for about a month. No plans to sell her.

It was a present for my b-day but I picked it out.

20. How did YOU decide which doll should be your first?
      I got to know what is BJD after reading a fanfiction from the net...So the doll was actually an OC produced by the writer @[email protected] is Huika from HZ.
      I went ahead to read a little more about dolls and realised that I cannot move my eyes away from the boy and there i know,this is the one I really like!I ordered him first but....he came as the second later on=_=....I ordered another doll,Pan from RD few days later...I expected Huika to arrive first but he came 2months later and Pan came a week after I paid the sum...
      Both boys were gifts from my family :)...I knew it when I went to ask "Is he cute"?....The reply I got was "yes"
      And that's it XD!

I am really happy about the two boys! However I do wish that I was quick enough to click on the ORDER icon when tanned 02 was still available :( Spent too much time.However that doesn't mean that I am unhappy about my choices :D...I just want another one.
      Pan from Ringdoll and yes,both Pan and Huika are equally pampered >///<
      They were presents and yes,I picked them myself!