1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Combined Weight of All Your Dolls

Apr 10, 2016

1. Hi,

I had a strange thought the other day. I am packing to move and while the last move was every doll in their individual box, this time my gang are going into storage for an unknown time. I wanted to put them in plastic bins seated facing each other alternating with fabric around them, but then I realized, wow, even with this method, the bins are going to end up weighing at least 60 pounds each. Then I did some calculating. Um, I have a LOT of dolls. Ouch.

So here is my question, not how many dolls we all have, but if you were to add up the total weight of all your dolls, how much would they weight! O_o

2. Haha I've never really thought about calculating the weight altogether :XD: Wow, I dread to think what my crew would weigh.... I'd be crushed for sure lol :lol:

Hmmm let's see... 4 EIDm, 2 EIDf, 1 SIDm, 1 SIDf, 1 YIDm, 1 YIDf, 4 JIDf, 3 KID, 2 BID and a handful of tinies...

*starts typing furiously into the calculator*

Ummm... :o About 28000g (give or take a couple of hundred for floating heads and spare bodies) so that's about 61 pound :sweat Ok maybe not crush worthy at only 4 and a bit stone, but maybe I'd pull a few muscles lugging it around ;)

3. I've thought about this, because our collection here is mostly 60cm and up, and the old particle board bookshelf they used to sit on fell apart when we tried to move it to replace it like it was already coming apart from the weight of them. :o

4. Out of curiosity and boredom, I weighed them all to get an exact weight. I have one 70cm, one nYID, 11 SD range, one Minifee, one YoSD and one SD head. My total weight (with clothes) is 50 pounds, 4 ounces.

Funny thing I also noticed, the weights within the SD range seemed to correlate with company prices. My two Volks boys weighed the most, followed by Luts and my Impldoll hybrid and Mystic Kids girl were the lightest by over a pound (compared to the heaviest). I knew my Volks dolls were heavy, I just didn't realize how much heavier!

I probably should have considered this before designating their rooms on my shelves. I just realized I tend to have the heavier dolls towards the top shelves.

5. About 500 grams :lol:

6. Combined weight of all of them...
      More than me but less than my car?

I could probably carry the whole "smaller-than-1/3-scale" portion of the crew at once without any trouble if I put them all in a basket of some sort... They're small and pretty light and there are fewer of them than the larger dolls. Even in adding the mostly-off-topic horde of small-scale "Critters and Beasties" wouldn't make them overwhelmingly heavy. We're probably talking average-sized watermelon territory.

I know I can carry all three of the EIDs plus my Herculean Spirit Doll guy at the same time. I've done that. Adding the two gangly Doll Chataeu guys who round out the "Really Big People" part of the collection probably wouldn't be a problem, since for all their height they're very skinny dudes. Not a lot of mass added there... All together, they probably weigh about the same as one of my big clay flowerpots when it's filled with soil and plants.

The "regular sized" 1/3-scale gang would be the problematic ones. They range from feather-light (My "might as well be made of ABS plastic" OnlyDoll-) to old-school arm-busters (Volks guys, I'm looking at you-), and there are a lot of them. I think the most I've tried carrying at once, back when I was rearranging which cabinets I had everyone displayed in, was six at a time. That wasn't easy. With a big box or a basket I *might* be able to carry one or two more, but even so... It would take a fair few trips to move the entire crew. They represent the lion's share of the total weight of the collection. All together, all at once? They'd be like trying to move a big sectional sofa or my antique china cabinet. NOT something one person could tackle on their own.

#6 Brightfires, Apr 11, 2016
      Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    7. Probably around 8-10 pounds for all of them. Having yosd and smaller bjds does keep the weight down, and my Dollfie dream is really light being vinyl.