1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Creeper Tracking

Dec 29, 2010

1. Okay, so here's a thread for all of us creepers once we get a tracking number from anything that we've bought related to the on-topic ball-jointed-doll hobby.

-How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail?

-Does the anxiety increase by tenfold when it's an actual doll instead of doll related items such as clothes, wigs, eyes, etc?

-How many times an hour do you tend to check a tracking number?

-Do you think your dolly creeper tracking habits are obsessive?

-Do you have any friends with creeper tracking tendencies?

-What do you think of yourself/others with these issues?

-Do you think it's unhealthy to be this obsessive over this aspect of the doll hobby?

-Do you tend to write about various tracking and shipping worries on sites unrelated to Den of Angels such as a personal blog or LiveJournal? Feel free to post a link to show us an example.

2. -How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail?
      - I normally get pretty righteous when it comes to waiting, but I have my bad moments when the doll is finally shipped out, then I'm like a blow torch who is waiting to blow the bottle xD

-Does the anxiety increase by tenfold when it's an actual doll instead of doll related items such as clothes, wigs, eyes, etc?
      - Oh hell yeah! When it's the actual doll you feel like you might explode out of your pants in excitement! Or at least your seat for that matter :lol:

- It's gotta be 5-10 times at least. I can be totally obnoxious when it comes to that sort of thing!

- I dont think they're obsessive till it actually comes down to it being an actual doll, any other dolly related item I'm normally pretty calm and collected about. The actual doll itself I've got the tab up on my browser for quick access!

- They all have to be. I'm sure of it O_O

- I wouldn't really refer to them as issues would you?

-Do you think it's unhealthy to be this obsessive over this aspect of the doll hobby?
      - I wouldn't say it's "unhealthy" but it really varies who you're talking to. Some people are worse then others ;)

-Do you tend to write about various tracking and shipping worries on sites unrelated to Den of Angels such as a personal blog or LiveJournal? Feel free to post a link to show us an example.

- I think it really depends on how long you've really been waiting for you doll before you should start complaining about it. I dont have any examples or anything but I have posted my worries before.

3. How could you? I thought we were better friends than this! :( I totally have creeper tracking tendencies! How did you not pick up on this????:x

4. Well I wasn't going to name names publically! :aninja:

5. But by making this thread, wouldn't you assume that all of these issues are about myself??? :?

6. Well maybe it would be better if you weren't so selfish on DoA Leenah! This forum is about everyone's concerns and troubles! Making a thread specifically for yourself is so self-centered! You really need to think about how everyone else on DoA would feel about this!

7. But I thought that this was a crazy issue that everyone would identify with! :(:(:( Even you said that you check tracking a lot so I thought that it would make a great discussion topic!! :...( You don't have to be so SNARKY!!! :...(

8. -How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail?

It really depends. If its something I've been waiting for for a while or something Ive saved up for then I'm normally really excited.

Yes. Ive scared my postal workers when they come to the door with so much as a doll head that Im waiting on.

...At least 4... I am not ashamed to admit this.

Probably more so then normal people. Yes.

Clearly at least a few.

I think its normal. Especially if youre super excited about something.

Define obsessive... Becoming excited over it is one thing. To sit there rocking back and forth in front of your door with a crazed expression on your face drooling and going "My Precious... My Precious..." as you wait for the mail man, thaaat is a tad unhealthy. Yes.

Not usually. I more or less just vent to people Im talking to on AIM.

9. @ Leenah: I am so not being "SNARKY" I'm saying it as it is! If you can't come to terms with this, maybe we should rethink our friendship!

I feel like you're totally referring to me in this! And seriously I have seen you infront of your door like the creeper you are! You can't deny it! I know you're thinking things along the line of "My Precious!"

10. Sometimes I scare the postman too!! :D

One time, I lept out from behind a bush to ask him a riddle. If he couldn't answer, he would have to give me the box that day. If he guessed correctly, he would still give me the box, but he would get some cookies! But he dropped the boxes he was carrying! :o I thought one of the boxes had one of my dolls but it was really flowers!

But when it's UPS, I hide in the package closet so that I can be there the moment the box comes without looking like I'm loitering for three hours in the lobby! :lol: :sweat

11. Okay whatever bitches. At least I actually ask riddles like a true Gollum fan would.

And you know what. Our friendship is SO OVER. :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

12. @alogue: I was simply referring to most of us in this hobby, you silly silly girl. And you've caught me... I may have rocked back and forth once or twice...

@Leena: Is it scary that I can actually envision you doing something like that? Poking your head out of a package closet and going O_________________________O while whispering "Dolly.... Dolly....DOLLY!"

13. Does that mean our date is off for this weekend?

@Nezumi_Mouse: And there had to have been a thumb suck or two! I know I've seen it!

14. HOW DID YOU KNOW? Now who is the real creeper? YOU!!!!!!! You must have installed a nanny cam in the lobby where I live for you to have known this! :( I feel so betrayed by all of you. :...(

15. Yes. I have DIFFERENT dolly friends NOW. :roll:

16. I see how it is :( I meant nothing to you after all :...(

17. *chokes on her coffee* For the record, I still totally love you both.

I tend to be mellow on items, and a refresh-happy loon when it comes to actual dolls. Then there are companies like Soom and Dollmore that sometimes don't send a notice, and suddenly... GIANT BOX. It seriously disturbs my sense of zen about the whole thing, since in a twisted way, I enjoy the mail stalking. I was seriously impressed when I realized they gave you the flight numbers on the tracking data from some shipments... and that you can map, in real time, where the plane is, with a flight tracker. That right there should tell you how bad it gets sometimes. ;)

18. That's right!!! I was only friends with you because I liked your ShuShu! And then you SOLD her!!!!!! How could you! She was my favourite doll of yours!!! :(

I feel so betrayed.

19. Well you still love my Marcia, and she'll be coming home soon. Is it possible to rekindle our love over her tracking coming home? We can stalk together...:sorry

20. See!! This is why you are one of my new dolly friends. You should just leave alogue and never come to her meet-ups EVER AGAIN.

By the way, an outfit I have on order is currently flying over Minnesota and it's on flight 563 on Continental Airlines Cargo. I am so excited! I hope it gets here Friday so that my doll can be KAWAII in her new OUTFIT!! I will be SOOOO devastated if I have to wait the WHOLE weekend for it! My poor doll will be NAKED. :(

I'll keep you updated about it on my LiveJournal.