1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

High heeled shoes for Volks SD13 boys?

Jan 5, 2005

1. There was that (forgotten about that actually), but heels were around to help keep the feet in the stirrups too. At least that's what I was told at some point.

Loki's Mom

2. OMG!!! :D It's so fun learning the history of high heels ^^ teheheheheheh :grin:

3. Yup... first bit of dress code in riding they beat into our heads at lessons.. (English style, at least..) S'why they have whole lines of even tennis shoes with heels. o_o

The boots at Ajumapama and Poshdolls are gorgeous and platformed.. I agonized between them for a while but ended up getting the Poshdolls Justines yesterday. :grin: Now to wait...

Kiyakotari, Ajumapama has "Doc Marten"-like low lace-up boots, if that's the sort of thing you're looking for... =o

4. :D tehehehehehe, me liky heels ^^ :grin:

5. Other interesting facts about the french, men, and fashion... There was a king who went bald at a very early age and so he would wear HUGE wigs. That became the fashion and lasted for nearly 200 years! Also men were the first to wear make-up. Both of these happened in the french court if I remember correctly... but the wig thing may be english. Also it was debated through out in the history of christendom that men having long hair would go to hell, all because of something Paul wrote in the new testament about it. There was priest who was so obsessed about it that when a knight with long hair would bow before him HE'D CUT THEIR HAIR!

anyway... OT, but funny. :3

6. OMG!!! thats not cool with the cutting of the hair..

7. Actually, the Luts boy books fit SD13 boys perfectly. I got two pairs for my Luts boy but they are actually large on him (though they still look great) and fit my Tohya like a dream.

8. Really? Wow. I always heard otherwise. Thanks for correcting me! ^_^;; I'd hate to be ignorant and deprive any future man-doll in my life of some great shoes!

9. :o OMG THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!!!!!!! :D

10. Hehe, I've been working on the boy's high-heeled shoe thing too. One thing I've discovered, though, is that it not only depends on the size/shape of the foot, but also on the size/shape of the shoe. Some high-heeled shoes have arched sole, others actually have a flat sole, so the type of foot you need really depends on the *exact* shoe(s) you want to use. If you're working on a specific style for a specific doll I've found that it's easier to first find the shoe(s) you want, then find a foot that fits the shoe if need be, since some styles of shoes are MUCH harder to find or sell out more quickly than others.

In my case, I'm trying to develop an aristocratic look for my Shiwoo Elf. His naturally small foot does give him an advantage over the larger standard-sized SD13 boy's feet, but I'm still running into problems with arched shoes. For example, he has a pair of CH girl's high-heeled boots that fit perfectly, but only because the sole is actually flat. But then I've had difficulty with some historic repros I found on eBay made by a company called Pipkin & Bonnet that actually do have an arch to them. Some of them *almost* fit, and I think they would fit if the foot was slightly smaller and arched. I've run into the same problem with my AR Kai 2nd who's foot is even a tad bit smaller than Shiwoo's. His foot can actually get into most of the repro shoes, but it's still a very tight fit.

So since Doll & Hobby is currently doing another Volks pre-order I decided to order some high-heeled feet through them to see if those will work (and hopefully they'll be a little cheaper than ordering directly from Volks). If all else fails I may try to switch feet with Shiwoo and Kai.

11. Olla,

I'm looking for nice high heel neat shoes for SD13 boy feet. Are there companies that sell that kind of shoes?
      I know that Unoss shoes fit the boys but so far I haven't seen Unoss shoes that I really like.

12. Most Girls shoes on Dollheart fit boy feet with room to spare I think. So I would say try there or you could try the Dollmore Model Doll shoes. My girl has some huge feet so they might work as well. I don't know, I guess trial and error?:sweat

13. I'd say measure the feet and look at female dolls a size or two up and see if the foot lengths are compatible. That way you can hopefully avoid buying some shoes that don't quite work out.

14. I'm sorry i accidently double posted =_=!

15. But aren't the SD13 boy fit a lot bigger? I know SD13 girl shares the same fit as SD10 boy. HMM how big are Dollmore Model doll shoes? I measured my boys feet and they are like 8cm long.

Are there any other girl dolls from other companies with big feet?

ps:THANK you both!

16. I know that Dollmore Model GIRL shoes fit DOT boys... and DOT boys have pretty darn big feet.

17. Thanks for the info!!!

18. CP lut's feet are smaller than SD13 feet, right? Does that mean dollmore model shoes are too big for CP lut's boy?