1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IDS (I-Dollstudio) 64cm girl Byul

Mar 4, 2009

1. Except that you can't get a body sculpt like that at Dollmore.
      I'm delighted to read that she'll be cast in regular urethane eventually! *fingers crossed for a nice pinky white* :)

2. I'm actually terribly in love with her, and I don't think I'll be able to wait for the urethane! I'll just give her a good coating uv cut ^_^ I also love the fact she has curves, and is a nice 64cm. Some of the 60cm just seem to be too thin ^_^;

3. Is it just me or is the details of the offer a bit confusing? It looks like the more you order the more you pay which doesn't make sense.

4. I think how it works is that the first doll is 350.00, the second doll would be 400.00, and so on, up to 4 dolls you get a discount. Makes me awfully tempted to get two . . ..
      Seems like they also took people's requests to heart, and are offering the urethane now!

5. Oh, I interpreted the offer/event as: 1st customer buying Byul pays 350 for body & head, 2nd customer buying Byul pays 400, etcetera
      I thought I wasn't confused but now I am!

6. :o I just realized that this is the doll that I fell in love with on the Dollstown board! For those of you who aren't familiar, Dollstown has a Community section in which other dollmakers can post photographs of the dolls they are making. I saw Byul there last year and thought she was amazing, but my attempts to translate the Korean explanation were nonsense. I'm so excited that she's now going to be available in white urethane! :D

7. Seems I was wrong :doh It is the first customer that buys her gets her for 350, and the second 400.00 and so on. I was luckily the second person :sweat

8. I just received one of these darlings, so I figured I'd add some more info!

She's super heavy first off, so they certainly didn't skimp on the resin! She's got to be the heftiest girl I've ever gotten. She's also plenty curvy, not slim at all. I'm almost going to say, though I don't for sure yet, that she'll fit better in SD13 boy clothes O.O I got the french resin, so she's a peachy pinky white, no air bubbles, not a single flaw. She has a magnet in her head cap. and she holds a pose super well for no sueding or anything.
      I hope I'll see more of her from other owners on the board!

9. If she's similar at all to the (64 cm) Flexi Perennials, I can tell you she'll probably fit SD13 boy clothes really well. Domuya girls can wear Domuya Model girl clothes (although avoid the pants, they're too long) and SD13 boy clothes, especially longer-legged ones, and since Byul is the same cm height I bet they fit similarly.

I'm excited to see your owner pictures! She's so pretty :D

10. Thanks for the tips! She's just, not chubby, but I'd say bit more thicker around than most girls.

11. Ahh, good to know. I really want to get one sometime as a girlfriend for Regan (my Perennial girl)! The Perennials are so hard to dress because they have massive hips, but they do fit into boy clothes pretty well. Maybe that's what's going on with Byul.

Also, lol, I meant Dollmore Model >_< Domuya has their own clothes for their girls too but that's not what I meant.

12. I knew what ya meant, lol and I appreciate the info!

13. I'll be interested in seeing how the new sculpts turn out.

14. I'm surprised there aren't any more of these girls on the board. There's only 2 Byuls and no Alices! It's sad, since they're lovely girls, and that body sculpt is love.

*edit* While I'm here, can anyone tell me of possible resin matches to I-doll Studio's normal urethane skin?

15. I've checked out ira_scargear's gorgeous Byul and have decided I need an Alice! XD I might get a Byul eventually too!

16. I 'd like to show you an Alice also from BJD Club:

[​IMG]

The image is a link though the forum needs registration. tancredi, her owner, did a faceup.

I also would like to say that these girls can be not only sweet but very dramatic, just add the proper faceup )) My Byul (Zoryana) is a real bitch but can be romantic too.
      I-Dolls are super firm posers and assembled perfectly just out of the box. Hot glue sueding makes them the one of the best pose holders in BJD world (not joking, I had enough dolls in my hands already).

During the last doll meetup we discovered that I-Doll normal urethane is very close to Dollcatch normal urethane - we couldn't find the difference with our eyes))
      From left to right: Dollcatch, I-Doll, DoD.

[​IMG]

Also it is close to Luts SSDF normal but more pinky, proper blushing can fix that easily.

17. Ooh! Great pics! Thanks for posting em!

18. Wow, what great pics! I really am in love with these girls.

Does anyone know how similar their resin is to Dollmore? (What I'm really asking is how similar they are to that stray batch of Jan/Feb Minimee heads ;D but Dollmore is probably a bit easier to track down.)

19. Reviving this necro thread as I am rather late to this party, only having just discovered thsi beautiful sculpt.

Question for the few I-Doll owners. How does this body pose? So, can she easily sit unsuported? What degree of flexion is there in arms and legs? How flexible is the torso? Also, strange question, but what are the hands like? I always think that the hands are a good indication of the quality of the sculpt and I would suspect, given the stunning realism of the rest of the body, these would also be good. But, I am a bit obsessive about hands and want to be sure.

20. I don't have one of these girls yet, but the hand sculpt is what sold me on the body back when Andro first posted it on the Dollstown board. :D She's next on my list, but I'm sure some of the other owners will have input before then. :sweat