1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

IDS (I-Dollstudio) 64cm girl Byul

Mar 4, 2009

1. I have one here to paint for Fairemma and she sent me the whole doll to play with. Her hands are gorgeous! Her body is really lovely, very similar to Peakswood or CP with the two part torso. Her elbows and knees aren't double jointed, but I think with some glue-sueding she'll be a better poser.

Just my .02 on the matter.

2. Thanks all. So does this mean that she is a less than perfect poser, to need the sueding?

3. Can't wait to see how she turns out lyn_r. I would love to see her with really heavy eyebrows. Maybe even a unibrow. But there aren't many Byuls on the forum to look at, nevermind with heavy brows...yet.

Is she only available in French Resin at the moment? After the RS Iplehouse Akando debacle I don't think I can handle the thought of anymore temperamental resins in my crew.

4. I think glue-sueding may be somewhat of a personal preference. I started doing it with my Dollshe guys and it's spread to everyone now. :P I think I prefer my dolls "stiffer" (no wise cracks! LOL).

I think the glue --especially in her hips and shoulders-- would help her hold the poses you put her in. Does that help?

sylvian - The Byul I have here is urethane...

5. Thanks again lyn_r. I guess it does help. However, sueding can help most dolls so I'm still not absolutely sure if she is a better-than-average poser who could be fine-tuned, or pretty poor and really needs the help. As I say, my measures of decent posing are ability to sit unaided in a relatively natural way, good flexion in knees and elbows and good flexibility in the torso (bending, twisting, slouching etc). Out of ten, how would you rate an unsueded Byul on those measures?

And sylvian, I love the idea of the monobrow!

6. What size eyes is everyone using for these girls? I know the recommended size is 18mm, but I'm wondering if 16mm fits without gapping? I've been hoarding eyes in 16 and 18mm for this character, but if I continue to do more shopping before I get her it would be good to know. :sweat

7. And I'm still looking for some more feedback on poseability. Anyone?

8. lyn_r, sorry for being troublesome, but...would it be possible to do a little resin matching while the girl you're painting is around. That would be really helpful!

9. MadamMauMau, please check these threads:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318865&highlight=byul
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304400&highlight=byul (posing abilities here)

Closeup for hands. She has a very beautiful hands in my opinion:

[​IMG]

Some answers.
      1. Yes. She can easily sit unsupported. Also my doll could stand on one foot unsupported, even without hotglue and no Mr. Super Clear on her joints. She was perfectly strung but I sueded her anyway))

2. The torso is not too flexible and poses badly without hotglue. But after has been hotglued she can bend in all directions, and twist too. Poseability is similar to Supergems - not so brilliant but enough for taking natural poses. I prefer it that way - no gaps or projections but smooth body lines. I should make a photos of her torso poseability...

3. 16 mm eyes are ok but you need to pick the right ones. Dollmore glass eyes (my Zoryana) and Souldoll acrylic eyes (tancredi's Alice) fit nicely.

4. About her skintone... I'm afraid that I-Doll NS is noticeably darker than Dollmore NS and less pinky. But their Paleskin can be closer.
      If we would have some new Minimee heads in NS here in Kyiv I should compare them...

Please feel free to ask me questions if any.

10. Thank you so much ira_scargeear. That was extremely helpful.

Yes, I did wonder whether that 2-part torso was going to be flexible enough. But perhaps the beauty of the sculpt makes up for it. And at least it doesn't prevent her from sitting up.

She looks as though she has a big ol' head. I don't suppose you have access to any other girl heads for headswaps? I would like to see if a slightly smaller head looks disproportionate.

And, finally, I LOVE your Lazule. One day I will have one. One day... ;)

11. MadamMauMau, yes, she has rather large head)) Circumference is 22 cm and her face is wider than Lazule's.
      I may guess that a smaller head may also look good. But neck socket may need modification because her neck is 10.5 cm.
      And yes, unfortunately I can't do the headswap in the nearest future because there are way more guys than girls here in Kyiv((

Thank you also for the kind words about my Leo :)

12. Well, as promised. Here's the posing abilities of the torso. Please take note that she occupies my sofa so the surface is not solid.

Bent to the side:

[​IMG]

Slouch:

[​IMG]

Bending back:

[​IMG]

Sitting without support:

[​IMG]

Sitting cross-legged without support:

[​IMG]

Twist:

[​IMG]

She also can stay on one foot but I was too lazy to do that trick yesterday XD so I put her in this pose instead. This requires more solid surface:

[​IMG]

Hope it helps!

13. Wow! Thanks again ira_scargeear! That is mavellous. Yes, there is a slightly restricted movement in the torso, but it is enough to enable her to look natural and not ramrod straight.

You know what I like most about this body? The fact that the legs in particular are not two strings of spaghetti. She has a nice, natural shape to her that looks good unclothed as well as clothed. Yes. Lovely. Thanks!

What size clothes and shoes fit her? I would imagine she is a little broad for standard SD clothes.

14. Thank you so much for all the pictures and info, ira_scargeear!! These posing photos are great, and shows that you are really taking advantage of the range of motion that she has, rather than trying to force her to do things she is unable to.

15. MadamMauMau, you are welcome!
      Yes, she has full thighs, broad pelvis - such a feminine figure. I also like the place between her breasts - just enough for the corset of a certain type. And her back is to die for - even spinal column is shown in proper places!

I do not know about fitting clothes and shoes though because I make them all by myself, sorry(( I may guess that Supergem's tops should suit but I'm not sure about pants.

twigling, thank you! :)

16. Wow, that is amazing, thanks! The body is so wonderfully sculpted...it's really tempting me now. >_<

17. Good news from Andro: he plans to release heeled feet in 1-2 months.

18. I'm getting a Byul and am very excited! I've ordered some Dale Rae shoes for her, and am planning wigs, eyes, name, etc. Please share more pics of your Byul's if you can! :>)

19. Hello! Sorry to bump a (VERY) old thread, but I've been thinking a lot about I-Doll lately, and it's such a shame to see that all activity about them has ceased.

At the moment I am trying to contact Andro, to see if he is still producing dolls. Meanwhile, however, it would be great to revive discussion about these beautiful girls. So...let's chat? Or spam, I'm open to both. ;)

20. Well I, for one, am glad you did :) In February I got my Byul back from receiving an exquisite faceup by Angel Toast (her first one, she was brand new). I didn't even take any photos of her yet as, like you say, there wasn't much interest in I-doll on the board. So, I'll take some as soon as I get home from work and share. :chocoheart