1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Display Your Dolls?

Sep 23, 2017

1. I have made a bedroom for my girls in the upper part of my closet and like to display them there.
      I just pose them in random scenarios and leave them that way until I feel like changing their poses or clothes.

2. I keep all my dolls in shelves though I do know people who keep them in those closed glass cabinets to avoid dust damage :)

3. I plan on probably getting a cube organizer or small bookshelf when I finally get my dolls ^_^ Then they'll sit in there. At the moment I'm not really into the idea of building or buying dioramas, since I'm already spending a bunch on the actual dolls themselves and won't have clothes for them for a while yet XD; But yeah! Everyone has their different preferences.

4. Wow, thanks for all these great replies. I like the idea of a glass case, if I ever manage to get several dolls, but I do like the idea of some kind of little diorama. I'd also have to keep them out of the bedroom, and house even, as my partner has doll phobia!

5. I have a desk in my room mine stands on, and bought one of the stands from Alice's Collections to help hold her stable and safe.

In case you want to know, it's this stand. A lot of people here recommended it, and I have to say it works really well and holds the doll's waist firmly.

6. So I was wondering this. My dolls are currently sitting in a display cabinet but it's kind of small for my SDs (especially the 70cm boys. How are you keeping them? Any tips? I don't want to leave them out in open to get dusty.

7. My dolls have a big shelf in a closed wardrobe. Dolls sit on the shelf. The size of my dolls is MSD, SD, and 70+

8. I have a bookshelf that I attached glass doors to, so I could pick big enough spaced shelves and then made the doors myself to fit

9. I keep mine on my bookshelf at the moment. If I run out of space I remove books and replace them with dolls haha One day I would like to have a shelved wardrobe for them to keep them away from light and it should help with reducing dust.

10. I used to keep my dolls on a bookshelf, which meant I had to get rid of a lot of books. I have been running out of room for the last several years and finally got rid of the bookshelves and got a Kallax shelf from Ikea and they're sitting in and on that. I still don't have room for all of them, but I'll be getting another shelf in a few weeks and hopefully the rest will move onto that one. Luckily it isn't a lot or I'd be doomed. I still have books all over the place that need homes.

Space has been a huge issue for me, I have a lot of dolls, I live in an apt, and I have downsized but obviously not enough XD and I moved from mostly 60 to mostly 70cm and even though I got rid of a lot of my minis, that ate up a lot of space. The bookshelf was horrible because they had to sit on top one another and the shelves weren't high enough for my EID so he was on his back taking up the space of like, six dolls.

11. I have them in closet that has build in shelves
      I also have them on bookcases and some of them sit on chairs in the bookcase

12. Since I have a tiny room and people who consider my dolls "childish" and/or "creepy", I keep most of them stored in boxes and put away. I have one doll that stays out in her chair since her box had been destroyed after she had shipped. They're all close by and readily available for me if and when I want to take them out.

13. I keep mine in a secretary desk that has a hutch on it. The shelves are adjustable and they’re behind glass. Probably not a good option for SDs but I only have MSDs.

14. I keep mine in a shelve with doors and I make sure that they aren't getting sunlight :O

15. Mine currently hang out with me either on the bookshelf in my room or on a shelf next to my sewing corner. They're out of direct sunlight, but I'm hoping to get one of those IKEA cabinets at some point for them. Then it'd be easier to keep dust off of them when I'm not interacting directly with them.

16. All on my desk at the moment but if they keep on joining me I'm going to have to rotate them with the seasons.

17. My dolls are all sitting inside a closet all bunched up, I'm gonna get built a 2 store closet for them where they can sit with enough space on doll sofas and all their stuff.

18. I have 4 out of 5 (a 6th on the way) displayed on my dresser (all 1/3) with a doll stand and 3 chairs. When my 2 big boys are put together, I'm going to break them all up into their respective couples.

19. Already an old pic, but I decided to invest into a proper cabinet many years ago.

[​IMG]Horde_storage by Wildcard_Snowy, auf Flickr

It's pretty empty in the SD section right now, as I've decided to cut down my 'big' collection there, but in return the MSD horde... keeps growing *coughs*

20. I have a fancy dog bed that basically looks like an SD sized sofa on the desk next to my sewing machine. It can only fit three dolls, so I am letting my favorites use it. Every other doll gets a stand. I'm not at the point where I need to reconsider my display options due to lack of space, but I am sure it will change in the future!