1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Distantmemory - Part 2

May 25, 2020

1. Also to throw in for consideration, she doesn’t speak English, so I think it’s fair that she prioritized emails she could actually read w/o trying to distangle google translate And could ship domestically quickly and cheaply and w/ good communication. Harder to troubleshoot expensive product loss messages in other countries banking systems and different language. Relevant because for future orders, putting a order in korean might genuinely be helpful to get uh read.

2. She did have a quite good and readable english form and she got alot of help from friends regarding the english and orders possibly made on english:3nodding:
      If she was uncomfortable with english and international buyers, it would have been okay thing to state and say that this time around, only Koreans or orders made insidd Asia are accepted. I believe many would have been okay with that and understand.

I do understand that this is common hassle and is seen with many other individual artists who only work alone without any dealers or help from casters. The amount of interest and rush of buyers is scary thing to happen and can't be controlled in any way. Some do lotteries just for the sake of their own mental health in order to have more control over the sales. I personally think Esthy wasn't prepared enough for this. She got a lot of help from Nobility doll the last times, but now she needs to handle everything by herself and the amount of work is overwhelming.

3. That makes all kinds of sense. We would all like to know in advance that the sale was Asia only, but if she had no sense of the number of orders that would come rushing in, she really couldn't say that in advance. She probably could only make that decision in the spur of the moment, knowing what she was capable of doing and not capable of doing. This is not an easy decision. I work for myself so I know this firsthand. I know it doesn't seem fair, but being so sought after and not having help must be harder on her than on us.

4. That makes all sense. And it may be something added too. I received my Hwayoung last week and I've checked the address. The doll is sent from DAEGU. Many of you may know that Daegu suffered terribly from corona in the end of February and March, due to that religious sect. All the town was in lockdown. I'm guessing that she may have suffered from the lockdown too.

5. Hey guys, I've been out of the loops for several years. How is Distant Memory doing and are Esthy Peroths accessible anymore? Judging from the discussion here, it looks like DM has closed off selling overseas?

6. I don't think so T_T. The only 2nd batch she opened was for the Hwayoung this year. But I have seen lasts months some on the second hand market, so you may have some opportunities to catch him!

7. Where is it possible to find a second hand one?

I have only seen cheap recasts being sold. I have always wanted the blonde Sunho doll.

I am waiting on Jaeii peach yellow skin. I have searched everywhere and reread old posts but I cant find a clear answer on what body he suits best.

Can someone please help me out?

#27 LenaV, Jul 18, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2021
    8. My Jaeii arrives! He is soo lovely even without any make-up T-T now I need to figure out what body and skin color will fit him...
      [​IMG]IMG_3677 by Joy LIU, on Flickr

9. I've had this guy for about two years now, but finally got around to getting him a really nice faceup at the end of last year! BTS is one of my favorite Kpop groups, they've really helped me through some tough times so being able to have this guy in my collection is a dream! I actually missed his original release since Esthy closed his order period like 5 days early, and I found this guy many months later on Instagram for such a great price! I'm still getting him put together, and he needs a desperate restringing that I am terrified to do!

[​IMG]

10. Luts Senior65 Delf body (normal skin) works perfectly with Hwayoung and Sunho, but Jaeii is a little lighter than Hwayoung and Sunho. I don't know what body is perfect for him, but the Luts body works just fine if you don't mind a little difference in color ^^

11. I am a bit late with this answer, but I have seen Jaeii head on Switch's HD65 body as well. If you don't mind a bit difference in resin colour, it can be an option too.

12. I have my guy on a Doll Family H body I think it is (it's either DFA OR DFH but I cant for the life of me remember which lol) and the resin match is really great! Its decently muscular without being bulky and isnt too skinny

13. Thank you for replying. I ended up buying a DFH-65cm body as you can get the resin matched and I heard good reviews for it.
      But I will hopefully be getting a Switch HD65 for my IHaveDoll Tune :)

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I actually now have the DFH body on order, with the DM Jaeii resin match. I am happy to hear you liked it. Hopefully the wait list isn't too long though :XD:

#33 LenaV, Jan 11, 2021
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2021
    14. Distant memory got me interested in BJDs again, as you can see from my avatar I want that doll and Sunho but I never seem to catch them when they go on sale :crushed I sent her an email like 2 months ago asking about the sales for this year so I don't miss them and never got an answer :atremblin

I hope she is doing well and that she doesn't close the doors for international BJD lovers like I've seen other BJD artists doing...the aftermarket prices are INSANE. I found the dolls for $3000+ *_* no thanks....and I would never support recasts. I will patiently wait...

15. Are you on Instagram? Hwayoung (the doll as your avatar), Peroth and Jaeii are all selling now. They are only the heads, but Peroth and Hwayoung both have a face up. They are under $1000 for the heads which is not bad, because Hwayoung is usually $1500 for head only. I would get Hwayoung except I already have such a long list and want a Soul doll next.

16. Hello!
      My favorite Jimin! :love
      [​IMG]

17. New suit! :dance

[​IMG]

18. Oh dearrr I went through something like that on Fb. I had a WTB post up for Switch 70cm body. This seller came and asked what's a good deal for it and said I could ask for any price but it has to be paid F&F.

That was a red flag for me. I told her, I want to see a picture of the body and I only pay using G&S. Immediately after that, she just disappeared never to be heard from again lmao.

19. Jimin! is love... :love
      [​IMG]

20. Has anyone tried re-stringing the DM body? If so, was it complicated?