1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Family A Discussion - part 2

Jan 12, 2015

1. @Fa3lyn I have a pair of jointed hands. They do pose well, but it takes a while to position each of the little finger joints. A couple of things I have noticed is that when the fingers are straight, they look as though they are flexed back, and they have some trouble holding the slightly curved forward position (if that makes sense). If there are any specific poses you'd like to see, I can try to snap some pictures for you. They're also (in my opinion) not quite as pretty as basic hands when you just want them in standard positions, so I would recommend having both jointed and not jointed if that matters to you. They are fairly easy to change out.

2. @xxkittymexx Thanks so much for that information. I'll definitely be keeping the hands he has if I get jointed to try changing them on occassion. I was mostly curious as to how they'd look holding something as my boy has taken to holding a guitar and look like he's playing a bit. Jointed hands could help with making it look more um realistic with the poseable fingers.

3. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
      I didn't have a guitar, but I'm hoping that gives you an idea of what the hands can do. Personally, I'd just use the basic hand on the fatter part of the guitar, and use the jointed hand to hold the thin part (can you tell how much I know about guitars :XD:). Hope that helps! Something I noticed while trying to pose the hands: the finger joints can't hold halfway positions, so it takes a fair bit of fiddling to make them (especially the thumb) look normal.
      ETA: Apologies for the terrible android picture, my iPhone (with the nice camera) broke :eek:

4. Oh my gosh thank you so much that picture helps a whole bunch. Also that sounds like a good idea using one of each hand because the hand that looks like he's playing is fine but the one on the neck of the guitar looks more awkward.

5. No problem. I'm glad I could help. I need to post more pictures of my boy. I'm pretty sure the last time I posted a picture of him was over a year ago :sweat

6. Speaking of jointed hands...I just got my DF-H 62cm boy body Ver.3 a couple of weeks ago, and it came with a free pair of jointed hands. I love them! :aheartbea

I own Dika Doll jointed hands, and Dollzone, too. They all require a bit of fussing to get them to pose properly, but I don't mind because I think they are so cool!

Here is the body with a DF-H Practice head. What a great body! It's sculpted nicely, (not overtly muscular) poses well, and stands like a rock! I think it looks much nicer in person than in the company photos.

[​IMG]

#186 Rabbit-moon, Jan 30, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    7. @Rabbit-moon That body looks amazing and thats good to know about jointed hands! I love my 65cm boys posability in his body and btw I love that head too the whole look of that doll is gorgeous so far to me!

8. Thank you Fa3lyn! I also own the 65cm DF-H boy body with jointed hands. Be sure to get the jointed hands for the 70cm boy for your 65 cm boy. The 1/3 hands will be too small.

9. You're welcome and thank you so much for letting me know that. I would've totally ordered the 1/3 hands and not understand why they were too small.

10. Hi everyone! I sorry to interrupt but I'm interested in a DF H male body for two of my last floating heads and need your help please. I have Or-doll Orlando and a Little Rebel Seven which need bodies. They're both in normal resin that matches Dollzone's normal pink resin. Their heads are around 22 cm.

I was interested in the DF H 3 body. Is it their newest body? Do you know if their normal pink resin will match Dollzone or doll chateau normal pink? The body looks like it's a great poser which is important to me.

I'd like to get the free jointed hands during their current promotion which are the hands that I think Rabbit-moon is talking about. So if I order the jointed hands for the DF H 3 60 (or is it 62 or 65 cm? I can't remember!) body I should order the 70 cm hands? Thank you so much!

11. I've got Little Rebel's Svein on the V3 body -
      [​IMG]DF-H 63cm V3 Body by Rubydoll Chaos, on Flickr

The body is fab, stands like a rock, poses beautifully. I asked Alice's Collections for jointed hands to match the body so I can't tell you for sure which I got. The only downside is the colour match is terrible. DF-H normal pink is much paler and pinker than 2015 LR Normal. I'm planning to blush mine but I'll need some decent weather for outside spraying. Resin picture is here. Little Rebel, Doll Family H Pink, Resinsoul Normal and Impldoll Pink Can't speak for DZ pink sadly. Honestly this body is contender for my favourite so I think it will be worth the blushing effort!

#191 rubydoll, Feb 7, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    12. Regarding the color, advice may be mixed, because I think DFH may have changed the resin type and colors in the past two years. I got some practice heads in September 2016, the NP was a shade or two lighter than the ones I bought in 2014 and 2015. They also didn't have any smell to them. But they were just practice heads, so I admit the differences may just be because of the low cost.

13. Thank you so much, SpottyJane and Rubydoll! Rubydoll, your Svein looks great on the DF body. I want one that's at least 65 cm tall but proportionate with the head. I think I can go that way after seeing your Svein!

I sent an email to ask Alice's Collections asking which resin from DF-H (and other companies that they carry) matched Dollzone pink the best but they just referred me to what the listings stated. Since every normal pink is different I'm going to see if they'll actually do a visual inspection for me. If they do, I'll be sure to let
      Everyone here know. I hope they clan help since they offer so many companies. Does anyone know where they're located?

I asked for a visual comparison once before with Mint on Card. They took dolls out and visually compared the resins when I was trying to find a body for an Ada Dan Nightingale which led me to an Aimerai body. It was a perfect match and not one that I had considered before!

14. My Svein is on the 63cm body - I think LR dolls usually go on slightly bigger bodies but I didn't want him to dwarf my other dolls too much! Alice's has a section showing which dolls they have in stock - they don't have dolls from every company they trade with, sadly. They are located in China, if that helps

15. Thanks! I thought they were an actual shop somewhere but perhaps they're an online site which deals mainly with preorders. A dream shop would be one with hundreds of dolls on display! But no one could afford to own one like that. So we have to take chances with our dolls. So far so good because I love my hybrids even though I don't like the process of creating them. It's too stressful and I'm afraid to make a mistake.

I'd like to have my two boys stand taller than my DZ Minas. She's around 63 cm I think somthe taller DF H body would be great.

16. Yeah, I'd love to visit a real-life bjd shop but the nearest one to me is probably Think Pink in the Netherlands and they're closing down to be online only which is a shame.

According to Alice's Minas is 58cm - unless you have her on a different body (I'd love to own her and I was sure she was under 60cm!). As soon as you put a girl in heels, especially with a platform sole, your boys suddenly shrink in comparison - as my 58cm Impldoll boy will testify. Here's a horribly washed out snap of Svein on the 63cm body compared with AoD's 58cm girl body and Resinsoul's 61cm boy body.

[​IMG]Height Comparison by Rubydoll Chaos, on Flickr

For me, that's quite a nice height difference - the photo is actually on a bit of an angle, sorry. There is one of just the girl and the DF-H body here Height Comparison which is slightly better. Just depends how much of a height difference you want :)

Considering there is only a tiny space to stand on, the DF-H body stood solidly while I was faffing about with the other two. Love that body so much. He's wearing DollHeart just for reference - the shorts are actually SD-13 or 16 girl and they fit okay. The SD13 boys shirt is a little tight across the chest. Probably cos his pectorals are quite low rather than him being particularly buff!

17. I finally did it! I dyed my hybrid girl tan. Unfortunately she ended up with a couple bad streaks (the worst is on her face which is sad, but I figure a faceup will cover it up), and she came out a little more orange than I was expecting in some lights (hopefully she mellows a bit over time). But nevertheless I'm really happy I did it :) I'm really looking to giving her a new faceup and character!

[​IMG]IMG_1610 by Allouetta, on Flickr

18. Rubydoll, Svein looks great on the DF H body. And thank you for the size comparisons. I just received my DZ B60-005 body and tried my LR Sven head on it. The size is nice but the head sits too high on the neck giving him a giraffe look. My ORdoll Orlando works great on the DZ body so it's now his. I'm going to have to buy a body for Seven. Your posts helps me a lot.

I'll measure my DZ Minas and the new DZ Orlando Hybrid. With heels on Minas is about 1 to 1.5 cm taller than Orlando.

Aliyahbetd, you are so brave! I'd love to see your tan hybrid!

19. That looks like a lovely colour actually :) shame about the streaks but all tan dolls get those, right? And some creative blushing should blend them in!

Wow Minas is actually pretty tall then! I feel like I should fight Seven's corner and say that neck mods are easy to do but if Orlando fits on the DZ body nicely then fair enough - I'm sure your Seven will look great on a DF-H one :) a taller body will probably make him look more mature - I like my Svein's boyish look ^^

20. Yes, I want my Seven to have a boyish look too. He's an athlete and an alpinist. Minas IS tall! I'm going to actually do a height and body comparison for the SD size dolls that I have when I get a chance I was surprised to see how tall she was when I first received her based on the size listed on her sale page. But I love her anyhow! It's just been hard to find a thin male that's a bit taller than she is in heels.

Tags: