1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Family A Discussion - part 2

Jan 12, 2015

1. @SteamWitch
      Funny story, I tried to upload this much earlier before I guess DOA had an update '^^
      I only just got him a couple days ago and I have nothing for him so pardon the blank and boring. He's also currently under plastic, cloth and glue as my first victim to attempt to make a wig for so I can't grab any other shots right now >w<
      He looks super pale and it's really hard to show that he's even a NS I honestly held him next to my DZ NPS just to see if he was indeed NS.

[​IMG]

2. I was wondering if anyone had some Doll Family-H sculpts in NP and could share any info? :) I have a Xiao Xin practice head in NP from Spring 2017, and just the other day bought a 2014 Ella in NP off of the Marketplace. The Ella sculpt is a beautiful naturally buttery color, but definitely yellowed in comparison to the vibrant and pale pink of my newer Xiao Xin. (Which is so not a problem at all, as I really love the color of the older sculpt.) My question is, has DF-H changed their resin colors over the years? Should I expect my newer head to mellow to the same buttery color? And if I were to buy my Ella sculpt another body from a different company, should I try resin matching or just let the new body mellow too? Thank you.

3. I think they did change the resin color. I have a body and several NP heads from a few years ago, and the NP Xiao Xin head I got was a lot paler and pinker. I feel like the new NP is close to the NP Dikadoll head I sold off a few years ago.

4. Yeah, my Xiao Xin is basically white with just a touch of pink. Makes me wonder how it'll age/yellow. It'll probably have a pink-y ivory like color after several years.

5. I got Cyril on the 56cm body, he should be here next week or so. I'm pretty sure it is single-jointed from looking at the pictures but I can let you know how it poses and everything once he gets here. :)

6. Just stopping by to share a picture of Ashe, my DF-H Xiangyi, with his new laptop.
      [​IMG]

7. @Fawne Thank you! I kind of figured he would be, but would like to be sure.

8. I'm still very interested in the Doll Family dolls. Especially MSD Chiyu. He's off topic here but he's one of my Doll Family H grails and I know I'll get him for sure!

Originally I was only looking for a boy sculpt that would fit in with my DOI Luke. And I think I might have fallen for the outfits that Gabriel and Bei Lie wears, more than I actually like the sculpts :sweat Idk...

I've gotten really inspired by these twin dolls, Boy Shirts, BJD Outfits - BJD Accessories, Dolls - Alice's Collections I found on Alice's Collections, modeling Bear Seller hoodies. So cool :whee: But stylized dolls similar to these twin boys, I feel they will not fit in with my DOI Luke. And I feel I should base my BJD purchases (the stylized ones) on what fits in with my DOI Luke. Still have some room left for many more dolls, but I have not the biggest space to keep dolls. Luke is my very first doll so I could never ever sell him. But he is kinda keeping me from creating the BJD family I want. That probably sounded odd, but prioritizing him means not buying the dolls I want so much. There's a limit to how many different types of BJD crews/ families my room can hold. So I have to carefully choose! And I'm very picky about my dolls fitting in together.

I guess maybe I could get a personal shelf for my DOD/ Luts family.

Doll Legend Abel, Abel, 70cm Doll Legend Boy - BJD Dolls, Accessories - Alice's Collections, Longsoul Liu Guang Liu Guang, 73.5cm Loong Soul Doll Boy - BJD Dolls, Accessories - Alice's Collections, and Spirit Doll Arrowroot Arrowroot_Proud (70cm)_Dolls_Spirit Doll are good examples of the type of stylized, semi stylized? dolls that I'm into. And then there is finding a sculpt I like for my twins. On top of that I want to create an Iplehouse family for my nYID Lucian. I feel I have more plans going on than I can handle. At this point I do not know what to do or where to start *_*

#229 manabusama, Aug 3, 2017
      Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    9. What sculpt is he? I really love it :D

10. @manabusama
      He is the 2014 Doll Family A Christmas Event Head ^^

11. His facial features are amazing :3nodding: Lucky you!

12. Aha! Thank you, I was super excited to be able to bring him home, those features stole my heart over a year ago when I first saw one for sale ^^

13. I have an image of what I want, and I'm extremely picky! I got a little blinded by Gabriel and Bei Lie's outfit I think. After a closer look of his face, I feel he's too baby faced and round. I already have enough round faced dolls. The shape of the 2014 Doll Family A Christmas Event Head though is much more to my liking.

@Planchette Hehe, I'm a bit envious of you :3nodding:

#234 manabusama, Aug 3, 2017
      Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    14. Hey, sorry for the late reply. The body looks nice aesthetically besides the feet. Idk what it is about how they sculpt their feet but anyway... both the legs and arms are single jointed. He is unable to touch his face which is kind of a bummer. Because of the single-joint I can't bend his knees that far. I think wiring may help him but otherwise the body is good if you like how it looks, not so much for dramatic posing.

I recently purchased another one of their bodies (62 version II) for my Milhwa head so I will either post a picture or video review of them both when it arrives.

15. Thank you! In that case, I guess I'll go with a different option.

16. Thought I'd share my new Doll Family A girl, Shana sculpt. This is Genevieve!

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

17. So recently I have been looking for any information on Doll Family-H. I've notice a number of posts including mine looking for something with this company and whatever, sculpt, hybrid, or resin color questions. I see that they are left with little answers. Is it because it's a new company or they get lumped with Doll Family-A, who are not connected to DFH.

18. I'm curious about this as well. I've fallen in love with Xia Yutong (and the jointed hands!) and was thinking of buying him as my first SD sized doll - but I'm very nervous because I haven't really seen much about them... :c

19. I have the 63cm V3 body and it is awesome. Great detail in the sculpt, fantastic poser and came with the best jointed hands I've had experience with. I got it as a body for my Little Rebel Svein head. The colour match is awful but that is my only complaint. I did buy one of their practise heads and he was a very handsome boy but was more suited to a 65cm+ body so I had to rehome him.

You can see my hybrid here, standing on one leg like it's nothing.
      DF-H 63cm V3 Body

Tags: