1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Family A Discussion - part 2

Jan 12, 2015

1. That could work. One of the is for sure going to be a love interest for one of my other dolls so at least one is going to be a girl. I can't find any other pictures of this sculpt anywhere! I know it was one of the newer ones when they did their massive clear out of sculpts but gah!

2. Aghh my Lyndon is here, his box is sitting in my living room but I can't go home yet! the agony o_o

3. Yay Lyndon! Can't to see pics!

4. Finally I got to open the package! And omg I knew he was gonna be large compared to my minis but I don't think I fully comprehended just HOW large xD he is enormous! I will post pics once I get some with better lighting my living room is too dark right now lol

5. @BekkiRue
      When i got my first SD I so was Psyched!

6. Here he is with some fake fur stuck in a beanie to make him look less awkward lol also the pants I originally had made for him didn't fit at all they were too wide and too short xD but I whipped up another pair out of a really old T-shirt so now he has pants lol

[​IMG]

7. He is adorable! Is he going to be a brunette? The bits of fur really suit him lol. I particularly like how they look against the teal. (I have no idea what is up with me and teal lately!)

8. Yes I was planning on making him a brunette Lol

9. hello! I have a doll family suxun head in trying to hybrid with a body...shes tanned so thats its own set of problems, but im super in love with the DZ 58cm girl body. can anyone recommend if the suxun head will look too bobble headed on a 60cm body? I have no one for comparison. :(

thanks!!! can't wait to be able to join in the convo and share!

10. I don't have a Suxun (silly Doll Family H discontinuing all the lovely sculpts!) but he is a 65cm doll. I know my 62cm doll heads look a little strange on smaller bodies I can only imagine it would be the same with Suxun. What skintones are you matching? I have some DZ's hanging out with all my Doll Family dolls if you need help with resin matching.

11. Here's my Suxun on a 58cm CP Delf girl. Even though the head is about as wide as a 60cm head, it's a lot taller and the face is longer.
      [​IMG]

12. Thank you both!! It is what I feared. Ugh she is going to be so tall...Lol I'm trying to match the dfh tan which is very close to the dz or dika tan.

13. Yay! Do you have a wig picked out? So far my brunette wig foraging has been terribly uneventful. Although Monique Gold Label had a few interesting ones. I am thinking of making one for my Loongsoul/Doll Family hybrid. I have some pretty great brown faux fur sitting around.

@DraconicMaiden do you have a back up? If you were looking at Dika they have some pretty big girls so their bodies might be a better fit. I have almost every skin color except tan!:doh for the Dollzone/Doll Family comparison. Grrrr.

14. I just made it myself and finished it this morning lol and I think I found his name, not totally sure but for now he is going to be called David

[​IMG]

15. I am impressed with my boys head. I got a Doll Family-H Zhuangyan 'practice head'. I waited almost 4 months for him, but he is wonderful. I modded his nose and chin a bit and think he looks so unique now. I finished his faceup except for glossing his lips and eyes.
      He was made into a vampire and his maker gave him the name of Dusk Lightbane. He doesn't remember his real name. He is shy and very emo. Right now he is borrowing the Islanddoll body with the Doll Legend jointed hands.
      [​IMG]

16. [MENTION=66036]SteamWitch[/MENTION] he looks amazing! For some reason when you were showing us the first pics of him I never thought he would be blonde but it works dosn't it? I like how subtle his faceup is. The sculpt has so much personality it didn't take much to bring it out. Hello Dusk!
      [MENTION=66693]BekkiRue[/MENTION] I really like it. The length is pretty good too. What fur did you use if you don't mind my asking?

17. Thank you, @Clorista, he is definitely a study in restraint but I really like him. I will see how some blonde eyelashes look but if they take away from his look rather than add I won't be using them. I totally reshaped his nose, (widened and shortened it).

@Bekki-Rue, I like the length of his wig and love the blue in the back!!!!

Dusk, glossed and done, no eyelashes. He is such a sweetie. :aheartbea
      [​IMG]

18. [MENTION=52582]Clorista[/MENTION] thanks! I had some sample swatches from a website I'll have to look it up again but they were two different lengths and the blue was slightly longer [MENTION=66036]SteamWitch[/MENTION] thanks so much! The wig was originally going to be all brown but I realized as I started piecing it together that I didn't have enough brown so the back half of his wig is blue xD I guess it was meant to be because that's what gave me the look into his character Lol

19. Oh yea, I'm really just looking around at options. The character is super sassy and needs to be super feminine...And really posable. She's a werewolf with a bad attitude and a hard life.

20. Popping back in to see how people are doing and sharing some Grigoriy spam:

[​IMG]

The hand belongs to my Doll Family H Han Jing Magnus.

Tags: