1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Legend 1/4 mini Discussion

Nov 25, 2014

1. There didn't seem to be a discussion on Doll Legend's 1/4 dolls. I am thinking of purchasing the girl body, but am kind of hesitant to without seeing many other owner pics. Do you have a Doll Legend MSD?Please Share! :)

2. I second this request, only for the boys. Extra points for comparisons next to other company's MSDs!

3. I'm looking at the girls as well so I'd appreciate owner input. I just got a YOSD from them and love the jointing and quality.

4. They have excellent mature bodies, but on the other hand, the head sculpts are too much "kawaii" anime style and not fitting the bodies. It's such a shame:/.

5. Poor collector-It's always great to hybrid!! Heh, but since there aren't many comparisison photos it would be hard to match resin. :(

6. I have a FL-minifee head hybrid Doll Legend body and comparison to Withdoll.
      but my Doll Legend body was order color max and yellowed now.

7. Does anyone happen to have access to a Doll Legend boy body and a 1/4 Doll Chateau? I'm considering buying a body for my Doll Chateau head and am assuming I'll have to mod the neck hole to fit on a DL body.

Any and all help (especially a photo) would be appreciated. :daisy

8. I'd really like to see some reviews of this body and it's poseability if anyone can help with that. The name makes it really hard to search for.

9. I never even knew this thread was here... my boy's a hybrid with a FL event head, but that just makes him on topic for both threads.

@Torino, here's some standing poses from when my body arrived:

[​IMG]Doll Legend body: standing poses by vicemage, on Flickr

I also have some various seated/floor poses here, and of course plenty of photos of him both headless and since he's gotten his head attached in his Flickr album. I've found it to be a decent poser, around the "average" for my collection. He stands very well (I've gotten him balancing foot-and-toe, and will probably shoot for some one-leg posing in the future, just to see if he can do it), leans reasonably well, and manages some good natural seated poses as well. He's solid enough to pose with other dolls, as well, and has been a good color match for my NS FairyLand head. Now that both are blushed, there's no apparent difference between either, and I've noticed no unusual yellowing from him. I'm still pleased with the choice of body for his head.

10. Thank you so much, vicemage! I'm really considering this body for my own hybrid.
      I kind of wish they had fist-hands among the option hands, though...I guess I'll live. The jointed hands are tempting.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what kind of clothes will fit this body? Any MSD-size clothes, or something more specific?
      EDIT- Another question, I'm personally not fond of the translucent resin. Is that what the ímported resin is? I want to make sure I dont accidentally buy the translucent one by mistake.

Lastly I may be pushing my luck here a bit, but is anyone willing to do a video review of this body? I'd really like to see the body in motion.

#11 Torino, Jan 17, 2016
      Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    11. @Torino, you're welcome! For a couple more of your questions, Al does share clothes with the rest of my dolls, though they aren't strictly speaking "bjd" clothes (they just happen to fit). He's very similar in size to the other boys in that set, a bit more broad across the shoulders and stomach:

[​IMG]Body Comparison-Close by vicemage, on Flickr

Far left is WithDoll, center is MiniFee, and right is the Doll Legend body.

As for the imported resin, yes, that's the translucent style; Al is the regular resin, which is a good match for other urethane resin recipes. (The WithDoll body above is in a translucent resin, but because of his darker resin color and blushing, it's not quite as apparent.)

You'll have to hope for someone else on the video review, though, sadly; I don't really do videos. :sweat

12. Hi Slersk--Maybe you can help here.....wondering if you have any comparison pix showing 16" fashion dolls (Tonner) next to your girl? I'm looking to see what her figure looks like compared to the fashion dolls
      Thanks!

13. Omg. Makes me want a body now. That neck peice is weird. Did you have to mod it??
      Also do you think a fairyland bust would fit?

Helps soo much seeing this! Was thinking of getting my minifee karsh a boy body in white skin.
      Do you have more shots of the body?

Disrgard earlier request. Looks great!

#14 Fairy_Dust, Feb 9, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
    14. @Fairy_Dust, I think the "neck piece" you're looking at is just the resin donut they provide to make it easier to hybrid the body with other heads. :) Since you're thinking of doing a FL/DL hybrid, though, which is what I have, I'll warn you that the donut won't actually work with MNF heads. The way it sits in the head makes it difficult to impossible to seat the headcap, it lets the neck slide too far into the head, and it snaps loose if you try to move the head.

I've got a photo here of Al's head "attached" with the donut, showing how it makes his neck look far too short: Head attempt

And this is him with his head attached using a MNF neck mechanism, which lets his head sit properly:
      [​IMG]Al's Tattoo by vicemage, on Flickr

15. Thank you so much XD. Good to know for when I do get one. :)

16. Hello~

I own a Doll Legend Zhaoxuan - I named her Ambrosia
      . I'm very fond of the head sculpt, and the body is also very pretty, but the arms bother me a lot. Especially the hands - they seem like ham hands to me, haha.
      Anyway, when it comes to posing and such, it's actually pretty nice. However, she tends to flop around if the string isn't tightened properly, so make sure to take care of that.
      My favorite part about the body are the feet - they are incredibly pretty.

I'm planning to hybrid Ambrosia with a Doll Zone body, and mod her ears to normal ears...

17. I've been eyeballing the boy bodies for hybrids since I minifee boys to be bigger. I'm guessing the pink rain matches FL normal skin?

18. @PChu, yes, my hybrid boy Al (shown above shirtless to show the match post-blushing) is a FL NS event head on a DL "Normal Pink" boy body. The match and the posing are both great, and he's taller than my MNF A-Line boy (which is exactly what I was aiming for)!

[​IMG]Here by vicemage, on Flickr

(I need to get this boy a proper photoshoot once I get unpacked from moving!)

19. @vicemage thank you :)
      I'm thinking of buying a DL girl body for my mnf head as well and your info/photos are so helpfull :whee: