1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollcatch Feedback (2009)

Apr 24, 2009

1. What did you order?
      When did you order?
      How was the communication?
      How easy was it to pay?
      How long did it take to ship?
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?

2. What did you order? Stella doll + Jade free event head

When did you order? 23 february 09

How was the communication? Quite good, used the board only 2 times, others were e-mails. Anna was pretty quick to reply at the beginning, at the end it was longer ....

But I never got my tracking number and to receive my doll has been the biggest surprise and shock I had.

How easy was it to pay? Easy, paypal. You have to send them your payment, they don't re-direct you on paypal.

How long did it take to ship? 53 days, this is a count of all days, I dunno how to count business days/businness hours .o.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I guess, that's my first BJD then I know nothing about resin quality, but she stand up well and pose well.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes. I could recognize Stella face and Jade face.

Were you satisfied with the product? YES ! I'm more than satisfied, I don't regret my purchase at all. ♥

/

3. What did you order?
      Stella

When did you order?
      18th February 2009

OK

How easy was it to pay?
      Pretty easy, like the most of korean shops

Around 45 days

Yes, since she was in 50% decount

The doll yes.

Yes

They don´t send to me the free ayes and wig :**( and I really don´t like how they send me the doll in only 1 box.

4. What did you order? Sian (full doll) plus Stella head.

When did you order? February 23, 2009

How was the communication? Very good, but I only contacted them at the beginning. They only took a few hours to respond each time.

How easy was it to pay? Easy, but you had to pay them manually. Would have preferred an automatic redirection.

How long did it take to ship? 58 days since I ordered, including weekends.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes. The sculpts are nice, and the body poses really well. Some minor manufacturing flaws, but it wasn't a big deal.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Maybe it was because they were blank, or because they didn't show many angles on their site, but they didn't turn out exactly how I expected.

Sian looked about the same (except more youthful), but I didn't end up liking Stella at all (even though I liked her in the promos).

Were you satisfied with the product? Yes. I didn't really like how the resin felt, but that's just a personal preference.

My only real complaint was that my doll didn't come double boxed. Since my items arrived safely, I didn't mind that much...but I hate to think what could have happened :doh.

N/A

5. mine came yesterday (Stella and Winy). Plus extra head and free wig in each size (which were not offered at the time I ordered, but whenI contcted them on 3/8 they said they would include them). The wigs are nice and look like Kemper, the eyes are the usual nothing special half-round acrylics.

Each doll was double boxed and they came in separate packages. They were wrapped in plenty of bubble wrap too.

I never got a shipping notice and earlier this week. I had sent a few emails last week with no reply but I finally got a reply on q&a board they told me a couple of weeks in may.

total time from order to delivery: 67 days

My overall impressions:
      well-packed, but communications could be better, I rec'd everything I was supposed to in perfect condition
      nice looking bodies (love 2-part torsos!), hands look a bit chunky and short
      resin is smooth and seam lines aren't too noticable, color is peachy pale

no complaints - I'm happy with both dolls. I attribute their communications and delayed issues to being new and a bit overwhelmed. I'm not sure if I would have paid full price, but they are easily well worth the sale prices.

6. What did you order? Senior D'ple Sian with Event Head Jade
      When did you order? 02/18/2009 and added the event head a week or two later with Dollcatch's consent.
      How was the communication? Pretty quick.
      How easy was it to pay? Not really. Something weird happened when I paid with credit card, but they fixed it for me with no trouble.
      How long did it take to ship? About two months, he arrived on the 14th of April.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Oh yes, he was quite worth it.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Aside from him being naked and without a face up, I'd say yes.:lol:
      Were you satisfied with the product? I'm very happy. There was a hiccup with my doll not arriving with the free wig and eyes that was promised, but they resolved that issue with no hassle.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I'm totally satisfied. Enough to buy a body for the event head so I have two dolls. :)

7. What did you order? Elysia with event head Ray
      When did you order? March 14th
      How was the communication? Almost none. I had to email twice for a status update and file with PayPal before I got one.
      How easy was it to pay? Easy.
      How long did it take to ship? Sent April 27th, arrived May 1.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yep. Cheap doll means unfinished EVERYTHING and cheap acrylic eyes.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? No, they actually sanded their display dolls, I'm pretty sure. Oh, and the event head arrived with an open mouth. Ray doesn't have an open mouth. I've deduced that they sent me Loby, who I was never enamoured of in the first place, and I want the head I ordered as my whole point was to make a Ray girl and have the Elysia head.
      Were you satisfied with the product? I'm ambivalent. First off, they sent me the wrong event head which I am hoping to have resolved to my satisfaction shortly. Secondly, I hope that no one falls into the trap of thinking "these are affordable, good for a beginner". Yeah, NO. The heads are rough as anything, the resin has never been finished in any way, not even a sanding, there are rough bits and mold release debris hanging on everywhere--off the bottoms of her feet, off her elbows, the seam lines are hideous, the eyewells are ragged inside...I can fix all of this with some elbow grease and have a great doll, but it's irritating to note that Dollcatch either is incapable of finishing their dolls, or got in over their heads and had too many orders to take appropriate quality time with each of them.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? The company has yet to respond to me, but I only queried them this morning. I have NOT withdrawn my PayPal claim due to this...I was expecting to, but having the wrong head sent means I simply cannot. I'll send back the useless event head, sure, if only they'll send me the one I actually ordered this time.

8. I participated in a split with another buyer so I really can't say much about the purchasing process.
      I bought the Stella head and I'm really glad I only paid $40 for it. I can't say that I'm impressed with the quality of the head at all. The sculpt is amaturish, lumpy and very lopsided. There is flashing around the eyeholes, the headcap doesn't fit well and the magnets are glued in crookedly. The asymmetry isn't the kind that makes the doll look more human, it just looks like the sculptor isn't compensating for the fact that most people favor working one side over the other and thus skew their sculpt away from that direction. I have plenty of artist-made heads so I'm certainly familiar with work that doesn't use 3D computer imaging, but this is just hasty looking. :(
      It is so far below the standards of Custom House (we have a Choa and a Cyn here) that I am surprised they even want Dollcatch associated with them.
      That said, I'm still looking forward to painting her, even if she is no longer going to work for what I intended. :sweat

9. What did you order?
      A sian and a stella

When did you order?
      2/24

Okay at first then sucky.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very, I used paypal.

51 biz days.

Very.

Yes.

Yes.

N/A.

10. What did you order? Senior D'ple Sian with Event Head Stella
      When did you order? 13/03/2009.
      How was the communication? Controversial. I realised if you asked questions regarding their product they will answer you fast, but when you enquire on the order status and shipping information they practically ignore you. =(
      How easy was it to pay? Paypal works really easy!
      How long did it take to ship? In total 49 working days. Dollcatch sent me a shipping notice 2 days ago and the item was received today, I will credit that to EMS though. =X
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I would say yes since I order it during the event period.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yupx.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Mine came with a double box, and loads of bubblewraps (abt 4 layers). Sian's head is quite dirty, with gray stains on his headcap. (;A;) The inner of the head is pretty lumpy. On the other hand, Stella is pretty much perfect in comparison to Sian, just that there's a small dent behind her head. The body is sooooooo creaky and the leg joints aren't sanded properly such that I can feel the frictional force when they moved. Seamlines are fine, except at the shoulder part, which is really obvious. Dollcatch didn't give me a tracking number when they sent the shipping notice! But all in all, I can say I'm satisfied, given the price I paid for.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

11. What did you order? Stella with face-up
      When did you order? 02-28-2009
      How was the communication? Okay. It sometime took up to 10 days reply.
      How easy was it to pay? Very, Use PayPal.
      How long did it take to ship? Was Ship on 05-19-2009 and arrived on 05-21-2009.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Look better than the pictures.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Very.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a

12. What did you order? Stella with faceup / jade head
      When did you order? 3/6/09
      How was the communication? not great, very slow to reply.
      How easy was it to pay? Average / paypal was not linked to their website so you have to go to paypal to pay.

How long did it take to ship? Order recieved 5/26/09, couple months seems average.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? It was on the crude side, I was dissapointed to find chunks of resin on her palms and worse several large dust particles imbedded in her resin, also her left hand is peppered with many tiny black dots imbedded in the resin. and a small dimple in her knee.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Pretty much except the flaws.

Not really, her faceup is pretty but those dust pieces bug the heck out of me, and that left hand is inexcusable.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I've written them, but it takes forever for them to reply.

13. What did you order? Senior D-ple Stella
      When did you order? 27th April 2009
      How was the communication? It was a bit strange at first, I had to wait for the comfirmation of order, then I didn't really get any until they told me they were preparing my order to when they told me it was "while transporting".
      How easy was it to pay? Very easy once it came to that, used Paypal.
      How long did it take to ship? Well, it arrived yesterday the 29th May, so, roughly 32 days, including weekends.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very good - it was $240 on sale from $400
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes... especially since I got lucky and she has blue eyes!
      Were you satisfied with the product? I'm very satisfied - there are a few small seams that I'll have to sand down, but other than that, she's beautiful!

:aheartbea

14. What did you order?
      Jade 1/3 boy doll with Jade tribute head

When did you order?
      03-13-2009

Pretty awful. They started out fairly good, like many people have mentioned, but at this point they're ignoring the majority of the Q&A board which seems to have turned from Q&A to Angry-Land. Their answers are vague when they do give any. I posted a request to cancel my order on 6/2. As of today, 6/12, it is still unread and the doll has arrived anyway. It was shipped out on 6/8, well after I requested to cancel the order.

How easy was it to pay?
      Fine. You just had to sort out that it's up to you to go to paypal to pay them. There's no redirect. Of course paypal is no longer an option as their paypal account appears to be frozen. There is a notice up on their site that pops up that says they'll only take CC payments at the moment. It has been there for a good while now.

Doll arrived 06-10-2009, almost 3 months between order and arrival. I'm used to waiting very very long times for limited dolls from Soom, but in my experience this was pretty lengthy wait for a doll with no faceup compared to most companies, even if it were in good condition... which it was not. There was no shipping notification, it just showed up on my door. I had been watching the 'status' of my order on the website every day. Suddenly, it just said "transportation complete" on Wednesday. I was shocked. Then my doorbell rang and it was the post office...

For the price? Maybe, since it was a half-off deal, if you like sanding. These dolls are definitely not worth more than their sale price.

Yes, aside from the defects

No, which is as expected from seeing other people's dolls coming in. That's why I tried to cancel my order before it got here....
      The heads were both rough and randomly sanded in places. There were black stains on the hand, head, back of the leg. Plenty of poor quality, hasty sanding of parts especially around the ankles. Big chunks of resin inside the knee area, a chunk of loose something inside one of the heads. The resin is gritty, rough. The eye holes require sanding out. It also smelled strongly of fish/resin, if you can imagine that!

Since they still haven't responded to my request to cancel the order--which is now here--and they haven't responded to a couple other pages of questions and don't seem to be responding to emails, it seems useless to me to even bother to complain any further, just to take the loss. I see some other people are filing claims with paypal and their CC companies. It's pretty poor behavior coming from a company that used to be well-respected (Custom House). Opening Doll Catch seems to have dragged both companies down (from reading other reviews and waiting room threads).

15. What did you order?
      Sian with Jade head
      When did you order?
      March 3rd
      It was ok. I found that if u post on the board too frequently, they probablly just answer the first one and ignore the others.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Paypal is pretty.
      Not sure, received my package on May 28th, that's almost three months in total. But then, i'm prepared for the long wait so it wasn't that bad.
      Unlike some members here, i find that my doll is in pretty good shape. I think the quality is appropriate for the price, just need some serious sanding
      pretty much so
      I would say yes except for the seamlines. I'm just not prepared to see so much left on the doll but it can be fixed.
      N/A

16. What did you order?
      Senior Jade with free Sian head

When did you order?
      March 18 '09

OK at first, than no replies AT ALL anymore!

How easy was it to pay?

Oh sure, taking your money is just the easiest thing!

STILL WAITING!!!

We have all been suckered into the so-called "half-off" thing... They are STILL half price, since they opened in FEB.. They just wrote down these prices to make people hurry up and order. They most likely will just always be the price they cost right now, and my best guess is that DC never intended to actually crank them up to the "full price".

We'll see, IF it ever gets here at all.

I don't think I can look at this doll and not have a bad taste in my mouth because of the less than desireable way DC treats their customers.

How can they solve anything if they don't even reply to ANY emails???

This is one big "DO NOT BUY FROM DOLLCATCH... unless you like being totally ignored an aweful lot" post. Abandon all hope, ye who enter DC...

17. Dollcatch Feedback (2009)
      What did you order?
      Our order totaled 1,500.00 and consisted of numerous dolls as we had discussed at the time to be dealers for the company.

When did you order?
      In March 17 2009

Little to none.
      Initially they emailed us and were happy to talk and set up a dealership with us.
      We ordered and were supposed to have the dolls in May for a convention this did not happen and last minute they told us there was going to be a delay and they would be to us in June.
      June and numerous emails later still no dolls.
      More emails from us asking for the dolls or a refund still no answer.
      We got another email just recently telling us that we would have the dolls in a month.
      Told them this was unacceptable and we've demanded a refund.

How easy was it to pay?
      Really easy to pay.

Still waiting and going on 5 months and still no dolls.
      Finally got the dolls on August 7, 2009

Dolls are not as described with seam lines where there are supposed to be none, no faceups on the extra head as we ordered etc.

Not sure as we have not gotten the dolls yet.
      Edit...Items are as shown but with seam lines that were supposed to be taken care of in factory.

No but at this point sending them back is not a valid option.

They have not as yet solved the issue and as we are having to go through paypal to get a refund I am doubting this will be resolved via the company.
      Edit...They have solved part of the issue with the shipment having arrived however the dolls are not as described.

We have told them at this time that we are no longer interested being dealers for the company as we cannot in good faith sell these dolls to customers who depend on the dolls being here at a given time.

Edit on August 7, 2009...Resolution
      After disputing the issue in paypal dollcatch contacted us and told us the dolls were coming, but did not give a transaction number.
      Two days later we got the dolls.
      Dolls are NOT as advertised with seam lines which were supposed to be gone, the extra heads we ordered were supposed to have faceups and did not, otherwise dolls are pretty and intact.

We are not happy with the company as it seems to take action via paypal in the form of dispute to get any sort of issue resolved with them.
      We will NOT order from them again.

18. What did you order? Senior D-ple Erenne with faceup

When did you order? May 21, 2009

How was the communication? Not great but acceptable, via Dollcatch's Q&A board. It took two or three days for each of my (two) questions to be answered on the board, but both of them did receive answers. First, I had to post on the Q&A board to ask for my transaction and payment to be noted in "My Account." Then I did get an e-mail when Dollcatch shipped my doll, but I had to post on the Q&A board to ask for the tracking number.

How easy was it to pay? Very easy by Paypal.

How long did it take to ship? Just under 90 days; I received the package on August 18, 2009. This was almost twice as long as the Dollcatch website's outside estimate of delivery time, but since I ordered a faceup *and* ordered just before the beginning of the rainy season, I thought the total waiting time wasn't unreasonable.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? YES. I paid $240 for the doll and an additional $60 for the faceup--very low for a brand-new doll, and quite reasonable for a quality faceup. I am very happy with both the head and body sculpts, and I like the "tooth" of Dollcatch's matte resin. Overall, the resin feels lighter than that of some other companies (such as Dollstown and Volks), but even so, my Erenne is a solid, well-made doll. The seam lines that bother some buyers don't detract from the doll's look, for me; it won't take me more than an hour to smooth them out, if I even bother. I am especially impressed with the faceup that Dollcatch gave my doll--it is painted with a delicate style that pleases me a lot.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes. If anything, the faceup I received looks better than the one shown on the website, because the blushing is more subtle.

Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.

19. What did you order? Stella and I have a Sian (?) head as well
      When did you order? Uh....lost track... months ago... like two or three-ish
      How was the communication? I didn't really communicate with them but once and it was answered afte a couple days.
      How easy was it to pay?
      I had no problem.
      Long time.
      Yeah- I will agree with "suckered into half price" in the above review but for the price she is a nice doll. One of the better "cheap" sculpts in my opinion. Yes she is creaky and she is strung so tightly I can't get her head off without unstringing the whole doll. I actuall left her head on when I did her face-up! But the resin is nice, good color and the seams are about the same as all my other dolls. The eyewells are bumpy and could use sanding but I'm not a modder so I'm leaving them alone. She does look like the pictures, and the other dolls which I saw on the boards so no complaints there. The Sian head is very nice and I want to paint him as a girl.
      Yes she did although the pictures on DC seems to have better eyewells.
      Yeah. I stalked the Dollcatch arrival board before ordering so I knew what I was in for. She actually stands and poses really nicely and the sculpt has some versatility, I've seen very modern adult looking Stellas and mine turned out to look like a teenage girl. Joints are stiff and creaky but I'm careful with her leg joints and so far so good.
      N/A

20. What did you order? Dollcatch Stella, with a Sian head
      When did you order? Febuary and she arrived in.... july.
      How was the communication? non-existant
      How easy was it to pay? Of course, very easy
      How long did it take to ship? 4 months....
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? The quality was crap. I would have been ok if they would have said "The doll quality is crap since the price is low." The doll came to me really dirty... smudges, etc.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? It looked like a moron owned the doll before me and rolled it down a dirty hill covered with sharp rocks. There are bubbles in the resin... a couple even on the face, which made my doll look like it had acne. Even though the doll was brand new from the company. I've BOUGHT second hand dolls that were in better shape than this new doll.
      No.
      They didnt. I spent a long time waiting for the doll, left COUNTLESS Q&A inquiries as to the status, WAS COMPLETELY IGNORED. Requested a refund, was ignored. Posted a last post on the Q&A board that I was filing with my credit card company to get a refund, no reply. So I called my Visa credit card hotline and talked to them about my situation, visa reviewed it, called me back and REFUNDED me 100% of my money since dollcatch IGNORED their calls and messages. For some reason, a week after visa resolved my issue and canceled my order (the order was also canceled on the Dollcatch website at that point as well) THE DOLL SHOWED UP AT MY HOUSE. I promptly wrote to Doll catch and said "IF you want this doll back, you will have to pay me shipping and I will send it back." NO REPLY FROM THEM AT ALL. Then TWO MONTHS LATER, i get an email from Ana saying that i need to send a payment for the doll since Visa had yanked the funds out of their bank and refunded me. I called Visa and asked what I should do, and they said the case was closed and it was their suggestion to not remit any payment. Wrote to Dollcatch AGAIN and said "IF you pay me shipping costs i will return the doll to you. NO REPLY EVER! So... the doll is still here. HORRIBLE COMPANY! I won't even LOOK at their webpage again. This was a nightmare. The end.