1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Alex Doll from Gu Mi-Jeong

Dec 10, 2010

1. lol I wouldn't stress over the wardrobe too much...They got their clothes for those Dear Dolls out fast. I do loooove that they sell clothes for tinies now, my little boy looks adorable in them <3

I'm with Knibitz, I want one but I have at least one doll on my list that takes precedence first, so it might be a while. But I'm still dying for pictures!!

2. There is a good chance I`ll end up ordering the girl when I have enough money for her. Hopefully soon. I have sold some of my old dolls lately so maybe I am not to far away from ordering the girl (if decide I want to). I am very curious how her body is to handle and how it is to have a lil chubby doll. Oh haha she is stealing my Lilis Liv place on my wish list:lol:

3. Oh, I lovelovelove the body! So cute and chubby... I think she might be the first doll I buy once my year of BJD abstinence is over. *glances at signature* Oh my, it's going to be a long wait!

4. I love the boy!! I wish they had MSD size feet though... won't it look odd that they have child size and proportions next to an SD but the same size shoes? :XD: Maybe thats just me... haha

5. I'm not much of an MSD size doll person, but I adore both of them, especially the girl. So cute! Why am I already making up a story for her. @_@

6. When I saw them pop in my email I felt doomed. I've been looking for a suitable son for my Dollshe DSAM Saint (who is about 74cm) and a regular MSD is just short for him. Maybe the few extra cms and the chubby body will help with proportions. I also love the sad face and small eyes <3 Uhm, decisions, decisions.

7. EEEEeeeee thier legs are like so pudgy! I effin love it! LOVE. I won't be buying one...the head mold isn't my style, and I don't love it enough to expand my collection beyond what it currently is.

BUT THOSE LEGS.
      DO WANT.
      I want to see some owner pics of her in shorts, for sure ~_^
      (I don't know why I have a thing for stumpy and/or pudgy legs, but I went nuts for the BF Shiny fairies too for pretty much the same reason @_@)

8. Y^Y I reallllly love alex!

There's nothing childish at all about how their eyes are sculpted, just the bodies. Fascinating <3

9. the face kinda reminds me of AiL heads :o

10. Ooh maybe that's why I like them! I love the hands as well.
      Oh, and Dollmore said the feet are between MSD and SD size.

11. Thank you for starting the discussion thread Stella. I opened the email Dollmore sent me today and was so excited and impressed since this doll is by the same maker as my Zaoll and Narsha. They are two of my favorite dolls. I love Dollmore's resin, the painting is lovely, and I love companies that offer a sanding service. I told my husband that I "am in love" with this doll. I love the chubby body and the facial expression. Since she (yes, I would get the girl) is 46 cm, I compared her to Kaye Wiggs MSD dolls and Dollstown 7-year body.

Nyssa/Mikki Kaye Wiggs
      Chest 19cm
      Waist 15.5cm
      Hips 20.5cm

Dollstown
      Chest 18cm
      Waist 15.7cm
      Hips 21 cm

Alexa
      Chest 19cm
      Waist 19cm
      Hips 22cm

I bought a few Dollstown dolls to have models similar to Kaye Wiggs, since they are popular for sewing and knitting now. I was not sure if Kaye would release any more and I did not want to pay the high prices on ebay for Nyssa. And, frankly, I just fell in love with DT's heads. I think Alexia would fit in perfectly with this new size of MSD doll that more companies are coming out with. You get a nice size body, not too big, and a very childlike look that is so fun to dress.

She is on my list. I want to get her before the free shipping offer ends. I don't want to order too early as I will be out of town for a while. I know Dollmore is very good about holding orders though. Well I have to order Layla by Kaye Wiggs and this one in the same month. Oh my! And I told my dear hubby I was not getting any more dolls this year. Well, since they will be arriving in 2011, maybe I can get away with it!

12. Dollmore is fantastic to buy from, you are right you can't go wrong with them. And yes I agree with your "they are coming next year, therefore they are next years dolls " logic.
      KW doesn't appear to be slowing down, I've been buying her dolls for four years now. They hold their value BTW.
      The sculptor of this doll is very talented, and her dolls don't seem to suffer for being off size.
      And you have to get one, who else is going to offer gorgeous handknits for them?
      I love the realistic body type, thanks for that comparison, that is very helpful.

13. Agreed - my first thought was that he would be a perfect child version of my Bertram :XD:

14. I want the girl I want the girl I WANT the girl:D dollmore is definitely the best bjd company I have ever bought from.

15. Lovely faces but I think they look older than the bodies which is a bit weird.

Also the legs are pretty chunky and that makes them look sort of disproportionate (to me, at least) :C

16. I'm absolutely in love with Alex. He will make it to the serious want - wishlist soon, hands down.
      But as much as I like his face, I'm sure I'd like him even better on a Dollstown body.

17. LOL. It's the legs that made me fall in love with these kids. I come from a long line of women with really thick, muscular legs, so I was excited to see a doll body that is shaped like I was as a kid. :)

18. Yeah, I think the body is really great, and it looks very realistic to me. I think this is really a great doll.

19. I love the 'blank' photos on Flickr, I think Dollmore's heavy faceup - although beautiful - is masking the beauty of the sculpt quite a bit