1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Alex Doll from Gu Mi-Jeong

Dec 10, 2010

1. Hey Lotte Rotten *hugs*......haven't seen you for ages!!!.....:fangirl:....
      I have ordered and paid for Alex girl..... I just couldn't resist that body...... I am getting her 'blank' so I'll do my own face-up etc....I'll be posting lots of piccies.....:)

Cheers!

xen :)

2. Congrats Xen, I think she'll fit in really well with your other girls. Could I ask a favour that when you receive her, you post a pic of her before you start the faceup, I'd like to see her in her 'naked' state. If it's not too much trouble, thanks :)

3. Oh, that is good news Xen! I will be anxiously watching for her arrival. These are the first dolls that have really interested me since Dollstown. I would love to see how she blends with your group.

4. xen that is great:) To see someone elses Alex girl will make it easier for me to choose what I want to do. I am stuck between choosing Eve Lilis Liv and Alexia. Lilis Liv have been a must have doll for me for so long but so is Alexia now. So I have a very hard decission to make.

5. Oh boy xen, can't wait to see you photos.
      manabusama, that is a hard decision, as they are very different dolls.

6. I just discovered this girl and she has moved to the top of my list - can't wait to see owner pics - please post a lot a lot of pictures xen -

7. Funny enough, I don't like the girl sculpt at all, but the boy is adorable!! SOOOO cute! He's chubby little thing! My wishlist is already nearing critical mass- it never seems to get any smaller, and I've already brought three dream dolls home =__=

I do love those unique sizes and sculpts that aren't the usual aesthetic- this boy would be a perfect addition to my collection if my wallet would cooperate... I just bought a Hosoo though and I promised myself no more dollies until I get a job D:<

8. Hello everyone ! :)

I love the girl... but I don't like chubby childish bodies... (it IS adorable... just not the style of doll I want) So I'm wondering if I could put that head on another body... I can hardly imagine the size though, so I guess I'll have to wait for some owner pictures...

9. I just ordered this doll also. I am tired of the same ol thing and she is delightfully different! I can't wait

10. I am so excited to see some owner pics!!! Congrats everyone who's ordered one! <3

11. They are both adorable, I love their chubby little legs! I'm fond of the usual shape of my Zaoll and these cuties are even rounder! I have some must haves I'm saving for but I may need an Alex instead of a Narsha for sure. I can't wait to see owner photos!

12. I'm ordering an Alex girl, maybe/hopefully today at a more reasonable
      time than 2am :lol: I LOVE HER!! She's so different and what it was that
      really drew me in are her hands, such beautiful detail *ohmygosh* :D
      But I'm so sad that there aren't any clothes or shoes for them yet!!
      I've been searching for a doll that made me go *must have*:love and
      oddly enough I've been lurking @dollmore the past few weeks because
      I've heard they are really quick to ship (yep I needed a fast dolly fix!)
      but I haven't looked since they were released it seems and now here
      she is!

Can anyone tell me how is it to order custom faceup from dollmore?
      I'm not sure I'll do it but I'm curious about the experiences people have
      had, if any. Also: does dollmore pierce ears?

13. You know, chubby little darling that she is, I wonder how Alex will look in outfits made for the uber-popular 18" 'play dolls' (American Girl/Pleasant Company, My Generation, Magic Attic)?

One reason I love my Narsha sooooo much is that she can wear many of the outfits I started buying for my vinyl and porcelain dolls back when 'ball jointed dolls' were expensive antiques. I've only been interested in 'tinys' so far -- Narsha is my biggest BJD -- but if Alex can wear American Girl outfits, I'd be really tempted!

14. I am sure they would still be too large on her. The AG dolls are very wide. I had a Hypermaniac Muse whose body was also chunky like these dolls, I was able to buy a few Sasha doll and Kish Seasons size clothes that fit her fairly well, but even some of those were too wide. But AG, no way at all.

15. That makes sense toydogz4, because of the hieght Sasha things would fit most likely.
      I wouldn't fret, I am sure Dollmore will make with the clothes. Sooner or later, as they put it :)

Lula78, I don't know if you have any of this artist's work, but hands are really her thing. The Narsha hands are the cutest of any of mine.

16. Okay. Never say never. I said I wasn't going to get any more msd size dolls........after seeing the new Fairyland releases and not being interested, Alexia is now at the top of my list.

Xen, I'm very excited to see what you do with her.

17. I can't wait to get on of these girls! I Love there legs!

18. I still cannot get this doll out of my head and hope to order her after Dollmore answers two more questions from me.

I wrote about shoes, since shoes are always an important item with bjds. The foot size lists as 6cm like the regular Kid Dollmore. So I asked why those shoes will not fit. I was told Alexia's foot is wider and thicker. I am thinking maybe my flats for SD by Dale Rae would fit. My Zaoll is 6.2 cm and she takes quite a range of shoes. So until Dollmore comes out with their own shoe line, Dale's might work. The flats fit Zaoll.

I was reading the posts, trying to catch up and thought this doll would look nice with my Dollstown kids as well. Great idea! I was picturing Alexia more old fashion, like in Raphael's paintings - you know the ones I mean???

As for her legs, well, that is one thing that I liked about her too. She is different and I have so many MSDs that look alike. She is almost cherub-like.

Looking forward to seeing your girl, Gloriasdream. That is very exciting!

19. I'm getting more interested in the boy after several viewing sessions - someone in this thread pointed out that the boy has a feminine face and so I considered a boy head/girl body, dressing the boy like a girl, and then deciding that my dollstown sisters could use a brother as an excuse to start saving up for another resin 'kid' when I should be done
      I like your idea of an old fashioned 'Raphaelite' Dollswest - but you will still be designing for this size won't you?

20. I have received my answers from Jee at Dollmore. So I can order Alexia without worrying she will show up before the end of the year. In fact, Jee said it would take over a month since I want them to paint and sand her. I can airbrush the body okay. I actually like that part. It is sanding I can do without! UGH! Again, I keep saying this, I LOVE Dollmore's resin. It is so lovely. I love my Zaoll and Narsha, even though I cannot play with them too often.

I am getting Alexia with the main focus on designing more child-like sweaters for this size. My other MSDs, sometimes do not lend themselves to it and I end up having things more for the young fashion crowd, like Ellowyne. However, now with Alexia, my DT kids and the new Kaye Wiggs one, I will have an ample supply of models for another look.

I still would like to see Alexia in something from the 1700-1800's, a really old fashion look. Or even early 1900's. This girl can fit so many fashion eras. Even my husband is impressed with this doll.