1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolls You Rarely See/Think Deserve More Love

Oct 29, 2013

1. *Feel free to delete mods if this is a repeat, I searched but found nothing so if it's a repeat I apologize, and would appreciate being lead to the correct thread!*

I saw that there was a thread for 'Dolls You See The Most', but none for the dolls never seen. I've noticed in several YouTube videos, tumblr posts, insta pictures, and occasional box openings, owners will make a comment about how they don't understand why a certain sculpt recieves so little love and that they wished it'd get more attention.

So, here's my question.
      What dolls do you absolutely love but hardly ever see?

2. Volks F-32! She's such a cute sculpt, but was Sato only for a while (I think she can be ordered from the LA Sumika now) and she has such stylized features. So I think that's why there are so few around. I know she's not everyone's cup of tea but I just love her!
      Here's mine. Her name is Valentine :)
      [​IMG]

3. F-32! <3333 I love her so much! Wish there were more of her around myself!

Also anything by Doll Leaves... they have gorgeous sculpts if someone knows how to work with them but there are barely any around...

Crobidoll sculpts that aren't Lance or Yeon-ho, too...

4. Aw! I agree that she's quite cute c:

5. A very hot topic!
      I like Dollmore Mio.I think that she has a very interesting sculpt, but owners that i saw on flickr can be counted on one hand.

6. I'm very fond of my two LittleFee sculpts (Pukisha and Piki), but I rarely ever see either one. Checking the database here, I found three Pukishas (mine isn't in there yet but will be added), and four Pikis (one of them mine). Seems like Ante and the newer sculpts in the line get all the love, but it just makes mine seem a little more unique, I suppose!

7. Agreed! There are a few Doll Leaves sculpts I love, but have yet to see a single owner photo of yet!

8. Withdoll doesn't seem to be a hugely popular company, but I've grown quite fond of them!

Most of the photos from Withdoll owners seem to be of Angela or Priscilla or Jewel. I'd love to see more photos of the lesser known Withdoll sculpts.

9. I love my RS Lu, but you rarely see her anywhere. She's a combo vampire/mermaid (a Merpire?). I think she needs special treatment, and much smaller eyes than they send with her, to look her best. I used the same eyes I use on my pukipuki on her and it really brought out the unique shape of her face, along with a good wig. Fitting a wig over those huge fin-like ears is tough, though, and she comes very loosely strung. Basically though, she has a beautiful face that's full of raw animalistic charm. I have her dressed in a silver and black chevron hand-crocheted mini dress made of very fine sparkly yarn with big black biker boots and a long black wig with bangs and green eyes. She looks like a man-eater!

10. BB miss kitty! I was talking with a friend, and when I serch her in the forum I haven't found so much... or maybe I haven't search so well XD
      But I think she's really beautiful and gorgeous &#9829;

11. I always love the odd ones out! I know non asian dolls are pretty new to the forum, but I'd love to see more Nobledolls love - her girls are soo divine! And Dikadoll, I love their boys' faces.

12. This may be the similar thread you were looking for--http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...Unpopular-or-underrated-dolls-(Not-limiteds!)

Of all the dolls I have, I see very few of them in any but my own pics! I don't even bother to start databases anymore because I don't think anyone else will post in them. There always seem to be a few very popular dolls and the rest are rarely seen, depending upon whether their owners like to take photos. A handful of stars, and lots of bit-players. :sigh
      Case in point, my two MeetDolls, Miss UU and Sirius. Does anyone else have them? I'd love to know.
      [​IMG]
      Fanny and Felix by bentwhisker, on Flickr

13. Kathleen: i agree with you on the Resinsoul Lu.

Here is mine. her name is Phyllis:

[​IMG]

14. I don't see a lot of Leekeworld dolls at all... especially MSD sized. Mabel seemed to be the most popular. I'm sure the fact that they discontinued the line is in direct relation to them not being so popular. I fell in love with the singular boy MSD doll they had, but they discontinued all of them before I could get my hands on him. I'm so thankful that someone was selling him in the marketplace! :)

15. Would love to see more Resinsoul Yo-SD's...I just love their little faces and seeing what can be used for them. I'm eagerly awaiting my own Tan Bei who's been on my wishlist for YEARS...So I will spam her like..Mega crazily.

16. If I had to name a doll I'd like to see more of, it'd definitely be the D.O.I. Kellan.
      I had happened upon a picture of that doll and I immediately fell in love. I had never even heard of a bjd before then.
      I'm still surprised that I rarely see those beautiful boys. I really only ever see Fitzwilliam(my Kellan).
      I would just love to see how different people can make that gorgeous sculpt.

17. I would like to see more 5stardoll batboys, I have one myself and would love to see other people owning them, they have the cutest pouty faces.

18. I was also about to say ResinSoul Lu!!

Also, Asleep Eidolon Adzuki Bean. I had the first one on DoA two years ago, and as far as I know, he's still the only one.

And IslandDoll Louis! It was SO hard to find owner pix before I ordered mine!

19. I want to see any IslandDoll dolls. Specially Amy and Emily, but any people have is a bonus

20. I might be biased... but I think SSDF Flood deserves somes love!