1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollshe Sarubia: What's your opinion on this doll?

Jan 13, 2005

1. I think she looks like one of the old antique dolls and can see her in a lot of old-fashioned (but not frilly, I don't like frilly--LOL) dresses, boots, etc.

She has a somewhat blank expression, but that's okay.

[​IMG]

--Cheri

2. I'll let you know further when I get her--yeah, fell in love.

She'll be dressed in eighteenth century clothes.
      Also biker leathers, I think.

I prefer her not to be in the frills & lace; eLuts wasn't too clear on what exactly would be coming with the doll. If she is naked, that will work.

The small dollshe doll looks considerably better in the naked body shots than in its too-lacy outfit, too. Tho' still not to my taste.

edit: I meant to say, too, that the blank expression looks like an awful lot of old portraits.
      When I get her dressed, I'll see if I can get permission to take pictures in the Wadsworth Antheneum in front of a suitable portrait.

Ann in CT

3. Oh she will look fantastic in both 18th c. and biker clothes!!

If/when I get her I think she will be a girl from the mid-1800s, travelling west with her family to Oregon or someplace. I have a ton of repro fabric from that era so am all set--LOL!

--I love her wig too, suits her face.

--Cheri

4. I think that I become more and more attracted to Sarubia every time I see her. I was not too fond of her at first. I still am not sure how I feel about her very round chin. I like her thicker waist and thick ankles. She reminds me of antique style dolls. I know the Dollshe company is of very high quality so I am sure she is a well-made doll and I'm definitely interested in seeing owner and non-commercial photographs of her. Other than her moonface I think she's a fantastic doll :) I mean, even with the circular face she's very nice but that right now is the only thing I am so-so about.

5. She is obviously old victorian styled. Which is unqie and beautiful in it's own rights. I love the fact that I haven't seen a BJD this style before and now one is made.

I personally don't like the look, but I have had an aversion to porcelin dolls since a young age. They scare me, and my friend has hundreds of them on a high shelf in her room. I always feel like they wanna hurt me.

6. I think her body is gorgeous.

I don't find her face overly appealing, though the eyes are quite beautiful and I like her expression overall and rounded lines. I guess the only thing I don't like is her chin.

7. I think she's adorable! Her face looks alot like mine... but I don't really like the body, mostly the ankles! But then again, she is alot like me!

Tamara

8. I agree, she looks like an old 18th century doll. Whenever I look at her, she reminds me of old photographs of my grandmother & great-grandmother ... espically since she has the same color of hair and the same shape of face that tends to run in my family.

9. She has cankles!

Nice face though.

10. That's exactly what I was going to say. (Her lower legs look like pants almost. o.O Weird.)

Her face is nice, but not my style.

11. She's lovely, in a very sophisticated, antique sort of way. This is one of the most "victorian" modern dolls I have ever seen, if that makes any sense. I think she should be celebrated for having such a different and interesting face. Although I'm personally not in love with her, I can easily understand why other people are.
      There's something almost Italian about her. O_o I don't exactly know how to place it. but when I look at her I think about Venice.

12. My first thought too! Ha ha.

I really looooove her face and would love to see nekky pics of her to get an idea of her whole body but the cankles actually lowered my opinion of her quite a bit.

When I saw her face I was all over her, she's so SPOOKY, and the upper half of her looks nice, but those legs peeking out under the skirt, nope, no likey.

13. She's not really my kind of doll, but she is cute. I hope you enjoy her :)

14. I think she looks like a better, more updated version of those beautiful Brus that everyone thinks of as the epitome of 19thC fashion dolls. It's a very classic look.

She'd look great in historical costumes--more frills and lace, ala Victorian, since that's historically the period of those antique dolls, but personally, I love 18thC fashions--so I can understand putting her in those!!! She should look wonderful.

I do like period-looking dolls, but you know, you just can't get them all--so right now I can't say I'd get one. But she's definitely more unique-looking than most BJDs out there right now, and it'll be easy to make her have her own personality.

15. The SA-Sarubia (sleepy afternoon, the closed-eye one) on eluts.com has a body picture, if you'd like to see her.

Ann in CT

16. Oooh, thanks for letitng me know. Her body is pretty, the legs aren't that bad when shown overall.

17. I saw this doll on ebay this morning (but they called her "Salubia") and it had her in different wigs, etc.

I think she is a must-have for me :grin:

And her ankles don't look that bad, the auction has several excellent body pics!

--Cheri
      (glad she is working the Holiday tomorrow and earning double-time-and-a-half!!!)

18. After catching a glimpse of the body on eBay earlier today, I am actually quite happy with her body. She really is cute, although not the same style as most BJD. However, I'd love to see her in a goth or punk outfit because that's what I'd dress her in. But that's just me! XD

Tamara

19. Er, what page at eluts.com? I looked and couldn't find her at all.

20. Its under Dollshe, at the bottom of the menu along with ElfDoll and Peaks Woods.

- T.