1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollZone mini 43cm Discussion Part 15

Apr 22, 2019

1. Sorry to crash the discussion but I wanted to share a pic of Evelyn (my Raphael). I decided to be brave and added some freckles and blushing to his default face up (darkened his eyebrows too but you can't really see them behind his hair xD). I think he looks really cute~

[​IMG]

He's white skin but given that he's now 8 years old he's yellowed and I felt like his face up was making his yellowing really stand out. I think the freckles and blushing compliment his mellow complexion now :)

2. @Capistrono I echo the earlier suggestion of Doll Chateau. Dollzone and Doll Chateau are sister companies and their resin matches perfectly. I have a Dollzone head on a Doll Chateau body and it’s a perfect fit both in color and proportions.

@Magical Rin I love what you’ve done with him! Raphael is one of my all time favorite Dollzone sculpts, and the enhanced face-up you’ve provided him with really adds to his unique cuteness.:)

#202 PoeticSoul, Nov 10, 2020
      Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    3. Haven't posted Rune in a while, so here he is, home with me for the holidays.
      [​IMG]

4. @Magnus Vale He’s truly amazing...such an awesome sculpt!

5. ordered a mist strayer using AC for the first time and it went smoothly! her little plug tail is sooo cute and her lips are adorableeee! just...-inhales- jkasdndskjhsdk
      i faced her up myself and just fell in looooove! pic of her here! :D

6. Is anyone ordering bunnehs? I may try to swing Taru.

7. @VampireAngel13 No bunnies for me, but I am interested in the new BB girls. DZ would have to bring them back just as I was thinking of getting out of the 1/4th doll game. I'm just way more invested with my 1/3rd crew.

8. @Cloudedmind Tell me about it!! I've been trying to get out of 1/4s for years, but I have a handful I just can't let go of (two of them are DZ Carters XD ). And now Taru....I have bunnies, she'd fit right in. Plus I really want that Tempura kitty D: and I need another 1/6 body and I'd like a Merlin head. So a giant DZ order may actually have to happen.

9. Does anyone have dollzone Neil, could I see some pictures please, also does anyone know if I order the face up would I be able to ask to make the lips less dark?
      Also I’m curious about the waiting time for dollzone in general.....?

10. Out of curiosity, did anyone order any purple dolls during the previous event? I would assume they would have shipped by now, but I haven't seen any owner photos!

11. Did anyone order tan from their event last year and has received their doll? Mine is on his way and I'm excited but nervous about the colour.

12. Been getting busy with the Dollzone projects lately. Completed the eye opening touch-up, suede job and a partial dye on Anson and working on making her some floral clothing while I wait for the warm weather to be able to seal her floral pieces with MSC so I can start painting her. Only took me four years to figure out how I wanted to tackle my design for her. > . >
      I ordered pieces of Neruga and am still waiting on other random body parts in the mail to see how my hybrid experiment is going to go with her. In the meantime, she be chillin in a shoe box.
      Snow Fulai just arrived today! Both of these girls are going to be gargoyles so I will be dyeing them both grey and blushing to look like stone. Found some thrift store candle holders a couple weeks ago that were a brown color. I hit them with some grey primer, did an acrylic wash and blushed with pastel to make them look like stone pillars for my gargoyle darlings to perch upon! Still waiting on warm weather to seal those, too. I forgot to take the before photos of the pillars. Depending on how many errands I have to run today, I might get Snow Fulai taken apart, washed and then get her dye job out of the way this evening.
      [​IMG]

13. I made the above comment back in Oct 2016. I am happy to say, after 5 years of waiting (and praying that Dollzone would not discontinue him before I got the chance to get him :sweat) I have ordered a fullset Noel! Yay! I'm so excited! :dance

[​IMG]

Actually, I'm kind of surprised they didn't discontinue him the last go-a-round of discontinuations since, by Dollzone standards, he's an old sculpt. I ordered him from Denver Dolls, since Alice's Collection didn't have him listed anymore.

He is going to be my anniversary doll to myself to celebrate 15 years in this hobby. I always seem to want a Dollzone doll to commemorate anniversaries. :thumbup

#213 Rabbit-moon, Apr 9, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    14. Sorry to reply to a post from back in October, but from what I remember, DZ didn't have a different skin for pink/yellow so the 2007 normal should just be labeled as "Normal Skin" I think. That said, it does match the new normal skin yellow quite well!

15. Good for you! I'm so glad you finally got him. I did the same with Carter. I dithered over him for years.
      After 11 months of waiting he arrived on Saturday. One surprise is that he has a faceup. And I didn't order the faceup. Bonus, I guess :)

16. Yay grats! Is it bad that I hope for "mistakes" like that with my orders? Haha :XD:

17. Thanks CathyM! Now, for the wait. The wait-time for Dollzone dolls is so long, now :doh My first Dollzone boy arrived in less than 30 days back in 2006.

And, congrats on getting your Carter! :dance (Huzza! on getting a free face-up!) I'm so glad you didn't miss out on him. He really is an amazing sculpt.

What are your plans for him? Would love to see a photo of him. :aheartbea

18. I think my wait was at least 6 months in 2007 haha But that's still not anywhere on a level that it is now.

19. You'd think after the long wait I'd have a storyline, or at least a NAME for the poor guy. But NOPE. Lol.

[​IMG]

He's pretty cool, though. I Iike him.

20. May I ask where you got his clothes? Those pants and shirt look like they fit great!