1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollZone mini 43cm Discussion Part 15

Apr 22, 2019

1. Thank you. She had no horns or even mods to allow horns. Its weird that when I googled Dollzone Lilith it kept showing me results for Doll Leaves Lilith. I will try Pandora and see what shows.

2. Hello! I just ordered a Dollzone Mo head I bought off of Ebay with his COA and original box - the owner never ended up giving him a body or a faceup, so it's like he's brand new. I always liked his sculpt and I'm excited to get him home! She's actually going to be a girl, as I plan to attempt a hybridization with my Doll Leaves girl body type 1, as they're both WS and have both yellowed in a way that I think they'll match nicely. I'm very excited! Happy to join this thread with my hybrid in a few months (it might take that long because the first owner is outside the US)!

3. @Ru-chan Heartfelt congratulations on such a great find! I’m really looking forward to seeing what you do with this hybrid girl once she arrives.:)

4. Update on Snow Fulai. Since I last posted I have stripped the dye from the hooves, wings and tail and redyed them to match the rest of the body. Unfortunately, the pretty blue-grey must have been a fluke in the dye lots because it was impossible to replicate outside of that one bottle, so I have to just settle for the purple-grey instead for my gargoyle's stone skin. Got a start on some of the sueding on the joints, so hopefully that will remedy some of the standing pose issues I heard about with this sculpt. Ordered a super strong magnet off of Ebay tonight, so when that arrives I can use it as a stencil to mark the size of the recess I need to carve inside the bust piece, so I can glue it inside the back and hopefully this bish should be strong enough to hold the damn wings up. Need to purchase stronger magnets for her horns as well, since one of the unfortunate side effects of dyeing a doll is that I run the risk of the high water temps cooking the strength out of the magnets (yay...science). Overall, I am just happy to be making forward progress again. Been almost a year since I last attempted anything with her due to the dye conundrum last time around.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      EDIT: Well...both images display in the preview, but I guess DOA has a heart attack if you try to post more than one photo?
      https://i.ibb.co/6tSwPKS/sf.png
      https://i.ibb.co/bWcRBHK/sf2.png

5. @Rabbit-moon: Happy belated Anniversary! Came to see a pic of yours...?

6. LOL! Sorry Stellarphenomena! I've been so busy this holiday season I haven't had time to take pictures of him. :sweat But, I'm hoping after the holidays to get around to posting pictures of him.
      Thanks for wanting to see him!

:candycane:hollyberry:treecookieHappy Holidays!:goldstar:bellcookie:candycane:gingerbreadman

7. Oh lord the mini s-hooks on those Snow Fulai hooves were a nightmare to restring! I had to pinch them closed onto the elastic just to keep them from falling off when I tried to loop the hooks onto the hoof pieces. Why so smol DollZone?! WHY SO SMOL?!! *ahem* That aside, I have the legs restrung now and a chopstick holding the elastics up outside the lower torso piece. Waiting on the magnet I ordered so I can mod inside the upper torso, but Ebay estimates it won't be here until March despite already having shipped (...yay for ordering from China.....). I guess I could go through my eyes and try to decide on a pair for here in the meantime? Not sure what else I could work on. Still haven't gotten a feel for her attire/accessories yet. I suppose I could also shift my focus back to Anson and continue building her outfit. I don't feel confident enough in my paint skills to do her head and arms yet.

8. I didn't learn about the heat damaging the magnets until after I had dyed her the first three times. So by the time I was aware, it was already too late.

9. I see. What bad luck!

10. After so long my little death reaper Akumu (Dollzone Neruga) is complete. I am so thankful to everyone that made this possible but specially "airimirofgondor" from instagram who did the amazing body dye and airbrush job. I couldn't be happier with her and now I can share her with all of you.

[​IMG]

11. Congrats Gaiboiozz! Wow! She looks AWESOME! :love

Would love to see a close-up of her beautiful face.

12. @gaiboiozz Oh how amazing she is! What a gorgeous job on her coloring…airimirofgondor really did you proud! I love the shape of her wings, and their color really shows them off spectacularly. She’s a fascinating addition to your awesome crew.:)

13. Nice! Your Neruga turned out wonderful! <3 I love the faded dip dye look. My Neruga is still in pieces in a shoebox. It is lovely to see a finished one. You should introduce her when you're ready! <3

14. Hi guys, I have fallen in love with many dollzone sculpts lately but I have heard that yellowing can be a bit faster compared to other companies. Is that true? If so, would you mind sending me a pic of yellowing? I heard that white skin can turn lemon yellowish while peach turns to a natural colour, just a bit darker.

15. My ws is about 4/5 years old and a mellow creamy color. White related, but not a white as it was, but not lemon, either
      But they do mellow fairly quick, all my dzs were starting to mellow after 6 months and significantly different around a year
      I hear dz changed their white again though just recently

16. Leliana is a hybrid on a DZ body. I've had her over 10 years (LINK) Yggdrasil was already 4 years old in the picture below. As you can see, neither of my WS DZ dolls is "lemon yellowish" even though I've had both of them for years
      [​IMG]

17. I found the pink changed quicky (several months) for a couple of my DZs/DCs, so I've been ordering peach instead. Peach is almost white, but I'm hoping it mellows to a light natural tone.

DZ used to be a white-white, but then changed to a creamy white. They did end up having a limited ordering period for old white a few years ago. Not knowing the change had happened when it did, and getting the creamy white and was thinking they sent me yellow instead was weird. :sweat

18. Okay, update on Snow Fulai! Discovered she has a heart that has shown up under her breast bone. I dunno if it was someone at DZ being cute with their sanding since it was a WS doll and they thought no one would ever see it, or if the dye just happened to disperse in such a way to create it. It is hard to see in photographs, but I tried my best here.
      The super strong magnet finally arrived in the mail and wasn't any stronger than the one DZ sent with her, so I did some research and stumbled upon your Neruga's back mod, gaiboiozz! So I decided to take a stab at it tonight and the glue is now curing. After I get home from work tomorrow, I will test out the hold and see if it was successful!
      [​IMG]

In my experience, the yellowing of the DZ isn't super bad. But all my DZ sculpts have been secondhand, so I can't say how long or what version of white resin it was. It just has more of a mellow tone to it.

19. My DZ Shoyo from 2011 seems kind of ivory colored, the photo in the profile is from 2-3 years ago and the pic I use for my avatar is from around 2016 or earlier- so a lot depends on lighting tbh, she looks paler in bright daylight at least. I hope that helps give a sense of her yellowing, though if the resin is somehow volatile perhaps she was just a good batch. It's been a while (over 10 years!!) though so things have probably changed a lot in that duration, whether for the better or worse idk.

I've been looking into a DZ Rory hybrid with a Dream Valley body, since I've seen at least one resin comparison where it looked fairly close and that's important for me w/ hybrids, but I'm actually a little concerned that a. it may have been old DZ white I saw in the comparison or b. the possibility that the new white from DZ is the one with the rumored yellowing issues. I did some figuring out around 2016 or thereabouts that the (now old) DZ/Doll Chateau white matched Angel of Dream and therefore Doll Love white, which is how I got my last hybrid put together, but I know next to nothing about the new DZ white so, *shrugs* I guess I need to find more information? The character planned will have a fairly complex full body tattoo so yellowing is definitely something I want to be prepared for.