1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollZone mini 43cm Discussion Part 15

Apr 22, 2019

1. Hmm, has anyone else had joint and neck snapping on a fullset doll? Snapping like you try to pose it and it just always kinda slips like the stringing was too tight?, I guess

2. My DZ dolls haven't had too much trouble with stringing. I usually always suede my doll's joints for poseability and loosen the stringing if it seems super tight, that way the tension on the resin is reduced and the joints are cushioned to protect and help grip for posing. Even if the stringing doesn't need loosening, I'll usually suede just because it helps me get to know my dolls. Snapping may not always mean the stringing is tight, it could just be lack of grip. Some dolls just have really smooth resin. To check the tension, gently tug on a part of the doll to see if you can separate to see the elastic. If this happens easily, the stringing is not too tight (may be too loose). If there is a reasonable amount of resistance, but you can still accomplish it, the stringing is likely where it should be. If you are struggling to the point where you absolutely cannot expose the string without assistance or fear of damage, it may be too tight.

3. Well, I happen to have several different types of fabrics and leather around so I'm gonna try sueding her and see if it'll help. Would be nice for her to be able to look forward without me keeping a hold on her head

4. I ended up ditching the hybrid idea and am planning to get Rory on the 42cm girl body from Dollzone- I have to save up a bit but I'm very excited!! Still waiting to figure out resin color, I'll probably watch as dolls are made with the new WS and owners post pics, though... given the wait time it's just as likely that I'll have the funds before then... barring threat of discontinuation, I'm willing to wait a bit (and focus on my project to have an off topic vinyl doll cosplay as the same character ^w^ ) but I'm still hoping to put together my plan for this beautiful doll.

5. Had to share my $5 Etsy find for Iris! I know I need to work on painting her and getting her eyes/wig/clothes finished...But I can't help but buy her cute props. I did make her a choker and some ankle wraps (since shoes aren't an option because hooves).[​IMG]

#265 Spectrum_Rhapsody, Mar 31, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
    6. Love, love that choker! The lace ankle wraps are clever, not something I've ever thought of doing for my own hoofed girls :cool:

7. That is so cute! Also, ankle wraps are clever, could also use leg warmers

8. does anyone know if they have any promo pictures of the moon white skin besides the headcap sample?
      i'm picking up a snow in moon white, since i couldn't decide between grey and white and it looks like a very nice in between, but i'm curious if there's any actual photos, i don't recall the skin-tone being available before :0a

9. Hello everyone
      I am very tempted by the Taru and Obi re-release, particularly Taru - but I can't find many owner pictures of her.
      Does anyone have her?
      I am also interested in seeing any images of the Moon White resin.
      Thank you :)

10. I don't have many pics of my Taru, but here's one. She's in their regular white and is wearing 16mm glass eyes.

[​IMG]

11. Thank you @Anglerfishee, I think I've seen your unboxing on YouTube. She is lovely!

12. @mangameow The dragon Chuan re-release page had a picture of the whole dragon doll in moon white (along with peach white). It's no longer on ACBJD but maybe it's archived somewhere. I myself have ordered a DC Eunice in that skin color because based on the dragon promo pics it basically looks like a grey tinged white.

13. oh you're right! thanks for mentioning it, i was mostly uninterested in the dragon dolls so i skimmed over the release announcement so i never saw them. i found the release archived well on bjdivas (i'm unsure if i am allowed to link it since they were banned? mods please feel free to remove the link if not!) so the pictures are still out there! :D i've pasted a few of them below for future reference.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      the moon white is really gorgeous, i'm hoping they do another release of it because i'd definitely like another doll in this colour. :'D i actually think i've ended up wanting to swap my little snow onto a DC body so i hope both dc and dz did well with this even LOL

14. Finally ordered 1/4 Snow yesterday! Definitely looking forward to receive her! She will be my first Dollzone but I am sure I will own more in the future haha!

15. Congrats! Please share her here when she arrives to you! We'd love to see. :aheartbea

16. Yes, will do xD. Hopefully she can arrive by the end of the year if I am lucky!

17. What clothing fits the b45-017 body? The measurements make me think slim msd on tops and regular msd on bottoms.

18. My Doll Chateau Douglas head on dollzone 47cm boy body in tan, this body is so beautifully sculpted and poses so nicely IMG_20220915_160608460

#278 Inari, Sep 27, 2022
      Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    19. Not sure if this will help but I have the boy body, and most shirts fit pretty loose, I'd say slim msd shirts fit the best. As for the pants regular msd size pants work well. Hopefully someone with the girl body will be able to help you better though!

20. Thank you. I just ordered a doll with this body and want to make sure she isn't naked on the shelf They have weird measurements compared to other dolls I've owned.