1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollZone mini 43cm Discussion Part 15

Apr 22, 2019

1. Wait what? Carter is being discontinued? :aeyepop: Where did you see this news? I might have to change my plans...

2. For some reason Clover Singing is the only dealer that has announced the discontinuation! You can find the list of MSDs on the chopping block here.

3. Oh no! Looks like a Chinese notice, must've come off of DZ's Taobao or Weibo.

4. Question; what is the little doll on the left of the picture called? Been searching for a similar one for ages! (Also, Eleven en Hopper! :aheartbea)

5. Would a Dollmore Kid Boy head fit on DZ 47cm Boy Body (B45-018)? I'm really struggling with the fact that Dollmore's Kid bodies are so big and that the legs are single jointed. :( Their thighs, hips and feet make it impossible to find clothes and nice shoes for them. Yet I am deeply in love with one of their face sculpts (Kid Boy Geoul). Please help!
      [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dollmore neck is 7,6 cm and Dollzone is 6,6 cm. Would it create a gap? Sorry I am fairly new to the BJD world. :whee:

6. It's a Kewpie~! I thought they were so ugly when I was younger, but adore them now (love them so much too~)

I don't have any Dollmore heads so can't really comment on the fit sorry :\ Some of my hybrids have a bit of gapping but it's never really bothered me (though most are girls so it's covered by hair anyway aha)

7. Just dropping in to show my finished DollZone Doreen!

[​IMG]

Sadly I've had no end of negative experiences with this doll, but I did a whole bunch of extensive work to try and fix my issues! She was the limited light tan event skin colour, but the colour I actually got vs what was advertised was extremely different (what I got was significantly lighter, and less saturated), so you can't see any of it here because I airbrushed over the lot. I absolutely love DollZone otherwise, and I'll probably still end up ordering more things from them in future (not in light tan lol), but I am still incredibly sore over this doll and event! :sigh

To be more positive though, I'm definitely feeling better about her now I've done the work, even if I am not in love with her. She is almost unrecognisable as the Doreen sculpt now I think, but I think that's for the best for me!

8. Based on those measurements, the Dollmore neck is much, much too thick for a DZ head without serious modding - there won't be a gap, the DZ head will just be perched on top of the body. If you like really long necks and the color match is good it might work, but it won't be pretty and head movement would be pretty much nonexistent.

9. I believe @Salem_85 is actually talking about a Dollmore head on a Dollzone body (and not the other way around.) In that case, yes it would work with a small gap as sugarstitch previously reported, and shouldn’t be that big of a problem.

10. and that's what I get for responding to threads before coffee :doh

11. ACBJD have the discontinuation notice up now too. Ro and Zo also on the chopping block. Both Carters. Man... they already discontinued a LOT of their MSD dolls, they won't have many left at this rate.

12. Yes I meant the Dollmore head on the Dollzone body. So the head neck from Dollmore would be 7,6 and the neck of Dollzone body would be 6,6.
      I drink lot's of coffee as well during my BJD research nowadays! I really NEED it haha, with so much calculating, measuring and comparing going on right now. Pfff, but that also makes it a fun and intensive hobby, I like that. :)
      Might look around for even better fitting bodies or for a so called neck doughnut. If I want to fix the limited posing and clothing and shoes options for Dollmore Kid 1/4 dolls I'm afraid I must build a hybrid doll sooner or later. :blush

13. Man, the discontinuations...I really like Mannikin and now wonder if I can scrape together enough money to get her before she's gone. If she'd been discontinued like a month later it wouldn't have been such a problem...I'd like the full set plus ears with that one but I'm unsure. Both the waiting time and reports of quality not being ideal in accessories are putting me off. Iguess I'll have until the end of the month to make up my mind.

14. I like both Carter and Ita, but considering I still haven't gotten my Leon from the last discontinuation event due to long wait times then a company mess up, I'll pass. Maybe I'll grab them on the secondhand market if I see them, since I do like the sculpts.

Still need to get my Mo boy a new body, and possibly a new face up, since I've decided to go in a different direction for his character.

15. What happened? I definitely heard bad things about waiting times, but not that much about mess ups..

16. Dollzone sent somebody else's Leon to BJDivas instead of mine. They were a person who had ordered directly from the company, so Divas had to send him onto the correct person while DollZone replaced my missing boy (this one was the wrong resin color and had different options, so it's not like they could send it to me anyway). It's unfortunate, especially considering my year long wait already, so I'm just trying to be patient until my boy finally comes home. It's a shame because I really love DZ's sculpts, but I'm super wary at this point.

Bleh, now I'm sad. Here, gonna post some Lysander (whose head I got secondhand and didn't have to deal with anything) being cute as he does.
      [​IMG]

17. Oof, sorry to hear that (didn't mean to make you sad) ._. Your Lysander is cute though. I haven't seen the specific doll I want on the second hand market so I think I'll take my chances. I was thinking of requesting a nice, long layaway at Alice's Collections. If the doll's gonna take god knows how long to get made I might as well take my time with the cost.

18. Oh man, I just found out about the discontinuation event today. I can't believe they're having another one so soon. I still have a blank, bodiless Ivan head from the last discontinuation sale, but I'm worried I'll regret it if I don't get Seventeen (I'm still kicking myself for not getting Benjamin last time).
      Does anyone have any idea why they're discontinuing most of their MSD sculpts?

19. Hi all,
      I have a Luts Kid Delf head that I got during an event without a body and have been looking around for a "normal sized" MSD body to hybrid that with. Are the Dollzone boy bodies (namely #14, love the aesthetic) considered average in terms of size and "chunkiness"? I've been looking for a while and I'm super confused with "slim minis (aka Minifee? definitely don't want that)" and such, I just want a "normal" MSD that will fit average MSD clothes. Appreciate any help!

20. Maybe...downsizing. Even the dealers seemed to find these discontinuations surprising. Or they want to steamline their line-up for easier production, since they have trouble getting things ready in a timely manner and I've seen some comments about qualtiy slipping. But it's all just speculation. I have bought a doll in the sale as well, I think I would've regretted not getting her.