1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollZone mini 43cm Discussion Part 15

Apr 22, 2019

1. DollZone MSDs are generally slim msds, not “normal”. That body included. That said, it isn’t Doll Chateau thin either.

However, if you want a more standard kind of msd, I recommend Loongsoul! Really good posing, good shape whilst still retaining the less mature (chunkiness) of normal msds.

2. Thank you, I will check that out! That's unfortunate but I do love that Dollzone body look so maybe I'll still get it someday anyways for a different head/project...

3. @NamiyaKou Glad I could help! I think there might be an issue in that the aesthetic you seem to be after... IS a slim MSD. It would unfortunately be difficult to find that more shapely mature look whilst still having the chunkiness of a standard msd. Is there a reason why you're set against a slim MSD? These days there are lots of makers who make clothes for slim msds. I will also add that you can usually put a slim MSD into normal MSD clothes. They will be baggy, but the doll can wear them (and you can use corsets or waistcoats to pinch the clothes in in a non-destructive way), so you could still go with the DZ body and be able to dress it!

4. @nattherat
      Ohh I just realized that maybe I've got a whole wrong impression of MSD sizes? I always thought a slim MSD was an even thinner and smaller looking doll than the "regular MSD"! Like I often see Minifee owners saying their doll is so small and thin, everything looks huge on them so I've never got one. I don't see too often that shops offer a "slim" variation and I'd hate to buy some 40$ skinny jeans that don't look like skinny jeans on my doll ><
      I do like the look of the LoongSoul one you recommended though. I guess I am just looking for a not too thin, child-like body, but not quite as toddler-like as the Rosenlied Holiday Child for example.

Anyways, sorry for the off topic! I fell in love with how the Dollzone body looks so maybe I'll treat myself anyways, especially since I'd like to make clothing myself too.

5. @NamiyaKou I believe Minifees are shorter than msds usually are, similar to Unoa. So the difference is more in the height.
      But yeah, clothing might be an issue! My Dollzone msds fit into minifee sized clothing, since they are slim msds, but of course they can find that trousers and sleeves are too short.

Etsy is your best bet for buying slim msd clothes, but many makers from China on Taobao or through dealers will also customise clothing to your provided measurements!

6. Hi all :) Has anyone put together a MNF / DZ hybrid recently? I'm tempted by a boy DZ body for a MNF head and was wondering what the NS resin match would be like!

7. I just saw the new Dollzone Scarecrow Hal-3 while browsing for clothes online. He is so cute, I can't stand it! I seriously need someone to hold me back lol, my wallet can't handle it ;;. but It looks like he'll be available for sale outside of the fullset..I'm so tempted. I already have the yosd version of the sculpt, so I don't really need the msd version. QmQ I'll have to see...

8. Saaaaaaaame! I LOVE the bunny ear headset! :D Don't have a lot of time to decide though, that version is only available until whenever that event ends. T_T

9. @sno4wy - oh man, the bunny headset is super adorable. QmQ I most likely won't be getting it so i'll just have to look forward to seeing photos of it lol.

10. I have both and can compare for you! Though I don't have the ability to actually put my MNF head on the DZ body properly as I don't have a spare neck connector.
      DZ's resin is slightly paler then FLs, which has a slightly more yellow cast. It's nothing that you couldn't hide with a faceup though. DZ has a thinner neck, but you could probably pad that out.
      I can balance my MNFs head on my DZ body if you like and grab a snap?

11. My dragon Chuan just arrived today and I just wanted to share this gorgeous piece of art:

[​IMG]Box Opening - Dollzone dragon Chuan by Wildcard_Snowy, on Flickr

I put some detail pics into my flickr, like a close up of the face and the level of detail on the scale and tail...
      I have some mermaid bjds from other companies, that are also well-made, but this one really steals the crown with ease -^3^-

It's also interesting to see the 'new' DZ white for myself. I know it's not that new anymore, but I think Chuan is the first DZ and white on top ever since they changed it. I admit I prefer the paper white, even if it tends to turn a mellow creamy white sooner or later.
      But it won't matter much with this one, so all good :3

12. So pretty @Snowy That tail is magnificent!

13. @Snowy How gorgeous! The detailing is amazing on your dragon mermaid!

I had my own exciting arrival after almost a year and four months of waiting! I already painted his wing, but I'm still figuring out his aesthetic and name!
      [​IMG]

14. @Snowy - congrats!! Your doll is absolutely breathtaking. I love the tail and wings :love

15. @SteamWitch
      Yes, Dollzone really did an amazing job. If they ever make a Naga I'm in major trouble if it's MSD sized XD

@Magnus Vale
      I actually was surprised at the level! I didn't notice that on the promo pics and I'm usually so picky when it comes to dragons and stuff like that ^^° This one was love at first glimpse thought -^^-

Who's the handsome youth? I recognize that wing, but not the head sculpt?
      I love wings like that. Pitty they never made a doll with two of those so far :3
      Or well. Good for my savings ;P

@Fiishu Thank you very much! I'm also happy to finally have her here. I got this for myself at the end of last year / start of this one and it's one of two major highlights that 2020 had in store for me :3

16. @Snowy I'm sad I lacked funds when they released her, she's really gorgeous! Congratulations!
      My boy is a Leon! I bought him during the big retirement early last year, then a ton of shennanigans ensued! Now he's finally home. I do love the one wing, although I agree that a pair would be gorgeous! I need to get to blushing the pretty clockwork on his back to match the wing coloring!

I'm trying out a variety of styles and wigs on him at the moment, haha.
      [​IMG]

17. @Magnus Vale He is white skin isn't he? Seeing gorgeous dolls like that makes me look forward to my own doll all the more, especially since I was unsure about my color choice at first. Now I feel I've picked the right one.

18. @Magnus Vale Your Leon looks great in the style you have him in right now, and you did an excellent job on painting the wing. I almost got the winged body for my Ivan, but I wasn’t confident enough to try painting it. I love seeing other people’s though, and I look forward to seeing the completed clockwork blushing!

19. @xxkittymexx Thank you so much! I'm enjoying his current aesthetic as well, I was trying to lean towards something that would fit a steampunk aesthetic vaguely at least. If the cooler weather holds for tomorrow, I'm going to try and blush his body, hands and clockwork!