1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollZone mini 43cm Discussion Part 15

Apr 22, 2019

1. Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between the B45-017 vs the B45-012 body and which you would recommend. I am leaning more towards the 017 because of the larger bust options so she can still share my MNF's clothes. I love that they can bring their knees to their chest.

2. I love both~ 017 is taller and slimmer, the 012 is shorter (but still taller than minifee I believe) and has wide hips with an overall more pear shaped body. Both are great posers. I only have a moe with the glamour bust, but neither dollzone bodies are as busty as that aha. Did you want me to take a pic of them with my moe?

3. Returning with the pic I planned from the start when I got my Dollzone Chuan.
      It also serves as a nice reminder that even compared to SD13 she really is small and slim.

[​IMG]Lan group by Wildcard_Snowy, on Flickr

4. @Snowy She fits in well with the other two, though, probably because she's a fantasy creature.

5. @EagleVision1999 Thanks ^^ And yes, exactly. I keep my SDs separate for the most part from the rest of the collection, but there are a few characters/dolls that just fit in well. The DZ Chuan is definitly one of them :D (also, she's mainly meant to be with those two, so I'm glad she doesn't look out of place -^,^-)

6. @Snowy What a wonderful trio! I love the combination. I can really see a story in that photo.:)

7. My first and last DZ girl on B45-012 body, sculpt Gill.
      I didn’t see other DZ dolls in real but seems this head a little bit big in comparison with body. And bust is too big on my taste.
      But anyway I love Her very much!

8. Does anyone know what eye size Tarot Moon wears? :D While I’m hunting for one I figured I should grab a wig and eyes for her and can’t find the measurements on her various sales pages.

9. I just did something I should not have (bought a second doll in a month)....
      The new Cyborg doll full set sort of grabbed me and now I am wondering how long the average wait time is for Dollzone? Not that it matters since I am doing layaway.

I might have leaped before I looked but I don't think I am going to regret it.

10. The cyborg is really cool, though I'm more tempted by the human version. Lucky for me the purple resin event seems to only be Doll Chateau, otherwise I'd be getting her in purple for sure~

As for wait times, it's always been a minimum of 6 months in my experience.

11. @Anneke I don’t have a Moon...I have the Star whose eyes are closed. But I was able to find the original Dollzone ad for Moon, and that states that her fullset originally came with 12mm eyes. Looking at my Star that seems to be correct for the eye shape. I hope this helps.:)

12. I have to admit that Dollzone has managed to hit up both my love of mechanical characters and cool helmets with Zero. But i'm really put off by DZ's waiting times. Looking at the waiting room it looks to be averaging at about 8 months at the moment though it seems some people have been waiting over a year for stuff like a single head :nowords:

13. Oh wow, I was planning on ordering a Zero as well but 8 months is quite a wait!

I think I will have to get her though as she's such a cool concept, just need to decide if I like the grey resin or want a more 'human' colour.
      For anyone who has the grey resin - does it have an undertone at all? And how does it age over time?

14. So... I just discovered Dollzones Zero ans I was hyped. I need to have that unique doll!

Yet I have so many questions and things I don't understand, since I'm still failry new to actually purchasing BJDs myself.

First off, I found the doll via this site ( [Limited Time 15% OFF] Cyborg Robot Ji--Zero -Mechanical Ver. Fullset | Dolk Station - Online bjd shop ) and I was wondering how legit it even is since it's not the official Dollzone page. Is it safe to purchase there and are there any downsides?

Then I browsed Dollzones official site and couldn't seem to find any way to purchase directly from them, just a list with different vendors working with them (?), between them also Dolk but listed unter Japanese vendors. Is there no way to directly purchase from them?

Also I live in Germany and they do not feature any vendors specifically for Germany. What other one should I then refer to?

Last point is the fact that the Dolk site listed several different body types (boy bodies as well) which the official Dollzone site didn't mention. There was the option of purchasing the human head for additional cost as well but no mention of what the option coming with the doll actually is. Dollzone has a special body for this doll as it seems which makes it a cyborg in the first place but surely that won't be offered for the Dolk version, as I can't imagine them casting the different body types in "cyborg".

Right now I am just very confused as how to purchase and what to purchase to get what I actually want. Help is highly appreciated!

15. Hiya! welcome to the wonderful confusing world of BJDs :lol: But seriously, i've also fallen for the cyborg version of Zero. I hope I can answer some of your questions.

Dollzone mostly sells to the international market using dealers. Shopping around and comparing prices, the dealer Alice's Collections came up as the cheapest for me so i've ordered through them. I've used AC for many years and they have always been good. The only thing to be aware of is AC charges a small paypal fee so the price will go up a little on the checkout.

I've had very mixed experiences with Dolkus and now will only buy through their Korean branch as the Chinese branch tends to be the one which has the problems. (You can tell which branch the doll will come though by looking at the listing, it will say 'item ships from [country]. So if it says 'China' or 'Korea' then that will be which branch you'll be dealing with). As Dollzone is a Chinese company then you'll be going through the Chinese branch of Dolkus which I personally can't recommend due to their hit and miss record.

As for other good dealers, there's Clover-singing who offers free shipping and there's Legend Doll. I ordered through Alice's Collection as she does free shipping to the UK. As you're in Germany then Clover-singing might work out cheaper due to her doing free shipping to more countries.

For options on the doll, how dealers have them on their sites varies. With a lot of them, if you want add on items like if you order Cyborg Zero and want to additionally order Zero's human head you can request that at check out. On the order page there is usually a box where you can add instructions. You can use that to request stuff and then put the order through. But instead of completing the order by immediately paying, you wait (and can also drop the dealer an email with the order number and confirming the changes or extras if you want). They will then manually change the order to the new price if needed and once that done you can complete the order by paying. (I hope I've explained that in a way that's not too confusing).

The default body that comes with the Cyborg version is Dollzones B45-017 girl body. If you order the Cyborg Zero then it comes with the sword hand and pair of cyborg feet. The other body option is if someone wants a different body than the default (but as far as i've read, the hand & cyborg feet only fit the B45-017 body so I don't know if you'll get those parts with a different body).

Anyways, hope that helps, let me know if you want clarification on anything :)

16. @SabaQu I'm in Germany, too and I would recommend Alice's Collections as a dealer, because their packages are unlikely to cause too much customs trouble (you'll still have to pay, but they mark down their packages in a way that doesn't cause you extra work). Ordering though a dealer makes dealing with the company easier (they'll solve problems for you and check up on your order).

I think the only special thing about the cyborg body itself are the feet. The human head should fit on the body just fine. I think they grey color is special, too. Are you planning to get the fullset?

17. @Epicari
      Thank you so very much for your in-dept answer!
      Yeah, the BJD hobby is the most confusing one I have stepped in so far! XD My first doll is from Luts and luckily I did'nt have to deal with more complicated things like differend dealers there. But... want cute cyborg doll! q-q

Anyways, I will take a deeper look into Clover-singing as well as Legend Doll. CS asks for e-mailing if any other body is wanted so I might do that. I just love their boy body to much but the girl body is cute enough for me to be just as happy with it as well.

Another question for me is... will they sell out? There is a set date for ordering. Does that mean they will be 100% available until the end-date or is it possible that they just sell out in like...mid-october or something?

@EagleVision1999
      Oh thank you as well! I will look into Alice's Collection than too.
      Yes, I think this time around I would order the full set, face-up and everything. With my first doll I wanted to do the fae up and blushing myself but with this one I would feel most comfortable if the original artistic intent is shown to its fullest :P
      Also I really want those cool extras because if I don't get them now, I will most likely never get them.

18. @SabaQu I don't think they can sell out before the time limit. If they were only able to produce a certain number they would've said so, I reckon. Also, you can get the boy body via other dealers as well, Alice's Collections lists this in the product description, so you could probably get it. AC also offers long layaways.
      I've got a Dollzone fullset on layaway at the moment, too. One of my favorite sculpts was discontinued this summer, so I took the plunge. She has the same body as the cyborg, the 44 cm girl body. I got the bigger boobs, though, which apparently you can't do with Zero. My first doll was blank, too, but I really liked the look of Mannikins fullset so with her that's what I got. I think DZ's fullsets have a mixed reputation though, so I second-guessed that choice a lot.

19. Akumu finally has a face up
      [​IMG]