1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Domuya Feedback (2008)

Sep 26, 2007

1. hi!

I just want to ask for a review/comment about Domuya and AoD dolls.
      I need this for me to decide...

Here are my questions:

How's the Resin quality of Domuya/AoD?

How's the over all quality of Domuya and AoD dolls?

Describe the Resin Color.

Posing?

How long will I wait before the ship the doll?

How's their customer service?

Do you encounter problems with your doll?

Other comments...

Thanks for answering ^__^

2. I can't answer for AoD, but I just got a Flexi Perennial doll from Domuya.

How's the Resin quality of Domuya?

Very shiny-smooth and of medium density. Has a lot of shine--I don't know how well sanding would do for reducing this since I haven't tried yet. I've found no casting flaws or bubbles on my girl.

How's the over all quality of Domuya dolls?

Overall, the only complaint I have is with the lanyard hooks they use instead of s-hooks in the hands and feet. The feet don't bug me much, but the ones in the hands seriously impeded her wrist mobility before I took them out.

Domuya NS is a pale beige-peach. Good match for a lot of other companies. Their tan dolls tend to be on the light side, but it looks good from the pictures I've seen--beach-bunny tan instead of tanorexic.

Posing?

Getting in positions is an A++, staying in positions is a C at best. Then again, my girl's very loosely strung and could really stand some sueding (right now, she loves to JUDO CHOP! when I try to pose her arms). Domuya Flexibodies are, however, notoriously floppy.

If you ordered it today? Two to three months. They just had a major sale and got a lot more orders than they could handle. They're SERIOUSLY backlogged.

Their email system is sometimes spotty (more often than not as of late), but if you can get a hold of Candy she's gold. Writes perfect English and doesn't yell at people too much for being morons. Usual reply time to emails that actually made it through is <24 hours. Also, offered to replace shipping-damaged parts on my doll free of charge.

Other than the loose stringing, the lanyard hooks, and a slight tendency towards having a snappy head, I've got nothing to complain about. I love my girl--her body is such a unique and beautiful sculpt! The joint-locks on her hips, knees, and ankles make her stand like a dream even when loosely strung, and her jointed feet mean that I can buy her high heels without purchasing whole new feet for her. My girl's a bit hard to shop for because she has very long legs, big boobs, and a big butt, but the normal Flexis fit a lot of clothes.

Other comments...

The Flexi Perennial is a significantly different sculpt from a normal Domuya Flexi girl--64cm in height, with a lot of joint improvements based on complaints about the old-style bodies. If you're buying a girl, I'd go for a Fin just to get the new body. You can probably split the head off with someone if you don't like the sculpt (that's what I did--my roommate got the Fin head and I got the Flexi Perennial body with a Sophie head). I know there's a Fin up for sale in the Marketplace.

3. I have a Zi Yuan from AoD, ordered on the 21st of May. Here goes.

How's the Resin quality of AoD?

Very good for the price! My doll is sturdy with a nice weight. Stood up to my torturing her while trying to get the head cap on (it's not magnets :...( ) She is shiny and the resin doesn't have much "tooth" to it, but I don't mind. No seams at all.

How's the over all quality of AoD dolls?

My doll was a great value. I got her during the lower price promotion, so it was a great investment. She's my favorite of my girls ^_^ The only complaint I have is with the non-magnet head cap, which makes changing the eyes extremely difficult.

Mary is normal skin. She's a perfect match with my normal skin Iplehouse Soo Ri, which makes me glad because they are supposed to be siblings. So she's pale for a normal skin with yellowish undertones.

Posing?

Ok, not great, but not bad. I like that she is stiff and her stringing is tight. Feet are great at posing, but the hands can only go so far. She stands very easily, even on a carpeted surface.

Hmmm. There was a bit of trouble involving the Singapore agent, who I got my doll from. In total I waited 7 weeks from ordering to arrival, even though I was promised 2-4 weeks.

Again, there was a problem with the agent I dealt with and she is no longer selling AoD dolls. But from what I hear the other dealers have much better service.

The head cap without magnets sucks!! Also, she came with a horrible purple face-up that was removed and left stains on the face. But it's barely noticeable thanks to the person who repainted it. The newer dolls have better, more natural looking face-ups so I think they have improved.

All in all, very very good for the price! Angel of Dream is highly recommended, just take care who you get them from.

4. keep the reviews comin'!! :D

BUMP!

5. I own an AOD Chi and an AOd Gu .
      How's the Resin quality : Chi has beautiful pale skin that is almost see through on his hands and ears.
      Gu is 64 cm and very sturdy-no seams on either.
      I had great customer sevice and responsive emails.
      Chi poses well his hands will hold many staffs and such-his hands are great.
      Gu is adopted so his stringing is a little off and I am havinga Heck of a time with putting his head cap back on . He is "kicky" right now.
      I received Chi from Aod in about 4 weeks.-his faceup is absolutley amazing and the default eyes lovely.Chi also has vampire teeth and pointed ears.
      The faces are more mature which i like. they feel great to hold.

6. I have a limited one domuya boy

How's the Resin quality of Domuya/? I think its really well mine is white skin and its such a pure white.

How's the over all quality of Domuya? The quality is really good especially with flexibodies.

Describe the Resin Color:The white that mine is is very pure white hes a demon so it works.

Posing?He can do poses way more naturally then most but u need to get used to the way the flexibody works more like a human skeleteon.

How long will I wait before the ship the doll?Erm not really sure maybe a month to 2 months?

How's their customer service?Very well actually they respond pretty fast and are very accomidating.

Do you encounter problems with your doll? Well he is uber heavy but otherwise a dream i love him very much.

Other comments...I recommond domuya over aod because i love there body shapes and sculpts more but if your looking for something less expensive there not always a good choice.

7. How's the Resin quality of Domuya/AoD?
      Nice~ The white skin is very pure.

Good, although there is a minor mark on thre inside of my girls leg which caught my attention..

White skin = very white

Posing?
      Really good! Hand hold object well, and its easy for it to pose.

I didn't try it. ^^

No not at all in the shipping and paying process, just as I said before a little mark on her leg...cleaned up real quick. But I think its strung a little strange because the right leg keeps flicking back at the slightest touch.

Other comments...
      The body wasn't cmpletely naked when it arrived- they gave her a little sort of slip to cover her up. I think that they could have wrapped it up in bubble wrap more though just to make sure.

8. How's the Resin quality of AoD?

My An is nice and matte and very smooth to the touch. He is of good weight, though his hands may be a little lighter and thinner than my Dollzone. There are no rough patches or resin imperfections. I do not have a ton of experience with BJDs, but I think his resin feels and looks wonderful.

Very good. I bought him last November, IIRC, and he has the s hook head cap, which is a royal pain to remove; he has held up very well to the manhandling his headcap requires. I think they may have gone to magnets now, but I am not 100% sure.

He is normal skin and very light with a neutral beige cast. He hasn't yellowed at all since November as far as I can tell.

Posing?

Very good! He is a bit tightly strung in the legs, but his range of movement and ability to hold a pose is excellent. His arms stay almost wherever I put them. He stands perfectly, too.

IIRC, he was shipped within a week or so. (With face-up.) I bought him on eBay from aoddolls.

I didn't need anything.

No. The only thing I wasn't happy with was his face-up. I asked for it to resemble the photo but he came with way too much black eyeliner/eyeshadow.

Other comments...

I think the AoD sculpts look better in person than they do on their website. The An head has a lot of character that just doesn't come through in the official photos.