1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon's Shell Doll Minis

Dec 28, 2019

1. Ahhh he's finally home! Gosh he's so gorgeous :D Now I just need he and Connor's wigs to finally ship >__< They've got one wig between them that fits their tiny heads until then, and it's not even a particularly nice one X'D Ah well. Soon.
      Edit: Oh! just got a message from the maker! Apparently they'll be sending pics in 3-7 days, so that's something!

2. Eyyy my boys' wigs finally arriiiiived! Ugh they turned out so good, totally worth the price!
      [​IMG]

3. Thanks! They look even better in person. They were made by SophyMolly on etsy! Took awhile and they were $75 each, but totally worth it for the quality.

4. Took another pic of the boys today. Gavin managed to reclaim his jacket from Connor XD
      [​IMG]

5. Welp I'm raising this thread from the grave. I'm HEAVILY considering buying Pitbull secondhand, but can anyone tell me the neck size? I'm trying to figure out my body options. I want him to hang out with my Dollshe fashion crew, and I already have one doll with a 5-6 noggin who looks good with them, so I'm thinking he'll be fine too.

I own 2 SD sculpts from Dragon Shell, and I'm having a really tough time resisting another. I just love her sculpts. I'd have them all if I had the space!

6. @Thymeseer From my measurements, the neck hole is oval shaped. Side to side is 2.4cm and front to back is 2.8cm. Could be slightly different depending on how individuals measure. I have my pitbull on a Dollshe Fashion 28M and the head looks pretty nice on it imho. The 28M has an approx. 8cm circumference. There is a picture on the previous page. I could also plop it on Mystic, Arsene and Khan bodies, or aGatti mAA and mCC.

7. @redmaiko Thank you so much! He might be sharing with my Khan when he arrives, at least for a bit. He looks AMAZING on the 28M though. Decisions, decisions! It's good to know he really won't fit on anyone I have at home already. A bit of a shame, but I expected it.

8. I flipping love my dragon shell doll dog msd and that he isn't a GIANT like the Sartorial "msd" guys. I have him on the body that dragon shell offered, I can't remember the name, I wish it was just slightly better at poseing.

9. Nidium Dolls body, that's what my MSD Ferret is on. I was so happy they offered a body with the MSD heads, because I'm leery about getting into the hybrid hunt from all the headaches I've seen people have here and elsewhere when they get a head from an artist that doesn't do bodies.

10. Would anyone have any suggestions for a fashion size girl body?

I would really love to order her Cat head, but the body seems to be an issue. If Dollshe wasn't so unreliable I would get a 26F.:veinIt has the perfect curvy proportions! Also, I keep hoping Granado would release more Fashion msds in girls and boys. Jane's body is so lovely too (but I have her in White Skin and I'm hoping for something darker). So many others that I can think of are more of a traditional MSD, so the hands, etc. would be out of scale. FID size is just too big for me too. Thoughts?

11. I think the Doll Family H girl bodies are really pretty, and well priced to boot. I'm planning on getting their muscular body body (the version 3) for my Pitbull head. I am just waffling on actually placing the order.
      Their msd sizes do have thicker necks than a lot of other companies, and their normal skin seems fairly light pink and hopefully close.

12. @Thymeseer Thank you for the suggestion! It's beautiful, but not quite what I was looking for proportion-wise. I think I might have found something this morning that will work perfectly! Crossing my fingers! Is there a specific reason you are waffling on your order?

13. @redmaiko I'm just really not a fan of the hands on the body. That's easy enough to switch out though. I also need to be saving money to move pretty soon, so I'll probably be putting things off for a while!

14. And I found someone selling the doll family H body secondhand, and so I made a impulse purchase my husband is frowning at! The color match isn't great, but he's going to be fully clothed and neck covered, so I'm not worried. The shoulders are a bit narrow, but he's going to have layers of clothing so it's going to be fine and less bulky. It's not perfect, but it's serviceable and the body itself is very flexible and nice. I did have to make a bit of a neck donut, but used a thick layer of hot glue to boost the head up. Quick and easy! DragonShell doll Pitbull on Doll Family H
      [​IMG]

15. That body looks pretty nice!

16. I have a DSdoll Ghost on a Withdoll MSD body. I finished his faceup this weekend. I am trying to make him into my own Link from Legend of Zelda.
      [​IMG]DS Doll Ghost as Link MSD by Skyealloway, on Flickr

His faceup isn't perfect. It was going so well until the eyeliner...and then it was like 'nope this sides a bit thicket add more' 'nope that's uneven add more' until there was no more room on his dang eyelid! I maybe should have wiped it off and tried again. But I decided to leave it be. Maybe it's OK? Maybe his eyebrows should be darker? Ugh I have so much indecision!

17. @skyealloway I think he looks great! These tiny faces are difficult as-is, but he comes across very Link-ish to me!

I finally painted my Pitbull, after many mistakes and restarts. I'm really heavy handed and it's super noticable on the smaller heads, but I'm happy for now. I need to add some greys to his wig and actually style it and clothe him properly.

[​IMG]

18. He looks good, that's a believable beard :)

19. So I gave up on his wig. It just had too much bulk, and after struggling and failing to make one myself, I just painted the hair on. His base outfit is also done, just needs belts and embroidery, maybe fur trim on the cloak, etc. Also boots. Link to side view and outfit

[​IMG]