Dream of Doll: DoT and DoI - Part 6

Nov 11, 2015

1. @Gintsumi - It was nice but also incredibly frustrating LOL, I need to re-learn a lot! :...(

@Ryuichi Sakuma 13 - You should!! And thank you!

@Sephora Oooo nice! E-an is still on my list. :3nodding: I feel that; life and school definitely get in the way, haha. I’ve been trying to rearrange my schedule a bit so I can squeeze in photographs and stuff and also keep on top of homework. The struggle, lol

2. Okay so

I was really unsatisfied with the faceups I did before

So I went and figured out some better techniques and figured out where I went wrong

And I tried again! :D

I’m in love :love

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. He looks great!! And welcome back!! I’m also back after a very long hiatus. I MISSED THESE FOOLS and I’m still heartbroken that DoD is no more...

I don’t think I got around to posting photos of R&G from my Hallowe’en shoot a couple weeks back. Let’s remedy that!

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

4. I miss DoD too! I was shocked to find out that they were gone. From what I understand, the recasting industry was eventually their demise, since so many of their dolls were so popular to them. (Mods, if this is a bad thing to talk about, I'll delete this sentence, just let me know. :sweat)

I'm still thrilled that I was able to get not one, but two of their sculpts before they vanished. Tohma was planned, but Orrie wasn't. I saw his face on the DoD site, and it was love at first sight! (Pun not intended)! I ordered him as soon as I had the money.

This is Seguchi Tohma, my rock star businessman. He's a DoI Luke. I just love leggy boys! :love

[​IMG]
      Seguchi Tohma, Dream of Doll Dream of Idol Luke
      by Ryuichi Sakuma, on Flickr

[​IMG]
      Tohma, rock star chic
      by Ryuichi Sakuma, on Flickr

I tried to capture how beautiful his eyes are, but seems like I can't do it with the flash on my phone.

Ryu

5. Well, DOA and pictures hate me, but hopefully pics of my boy will load. Fingers crossed....[​IMG]

6. Ahhhh....I don't understand it, honestly, it's worked in the past on those exact pics. Well, darn.

7. @gothikgrrl Are you posting the pictures from flickr? You'll need to use the BBCode that can be found under the shared icon at the bottom right of each picture.

8. @Ryuichi Sakuma 13 Seguchi looks great!!

Aaaa yeah I'm super sad I didn't get in on the DoIs!! I had PLANS, dammit! Now I just keep an eyeball on the Marketplace ;_; I've considered re-shelling my boys but I haven't found a company that has sculpts that grab me like DoD sculpts do. Plus I feel guilty about re-shelling Rosencrantz, in particular... Camine was the doll that got me into this hobby and I love him still, aaaaa

@gothikgrrl I hope you're able to figure out the picture situation! I want to see pics of your boy ;_;

9. Mukino Kuneka I have his pics up on his sales thread in the larger doll market place, and then I have a bunch on my Flickr account, too. It's under Leza Wallace and gothikgrrl72, I think. I could be more Flickr savvy, honestly LOL.

10. Oh, thank you! I could not figure out where I'd gotten the actual URL to the pic before. I'm gonna try it again, I've managed it before but it doesn't always seem to want to cooperate. Sorry for his wonky eye in this pic, but he has a custom face up by Ticuk and I just love it and you can really see it in this one.
      [​IMG]

11. What a handsome boy! Love the faceup!

Ryu

12. I'm really glad people are sharing their DODs here again, loving the eye candy. Just curious, how are recent fashions treating your doll? I remember when I first got my DOT(all them years ago), I kept coming across high water pants. I don't have this issue anymore but I do have to be careful with some tops. I've had a few that were advertised as for 60-62cm but were really baggy.

13. I've been out of the hobby for a while, so I've not bought any clothes recently. But from what I've seen, what's popular now is clothes that us humans can buy at any mall. Boring!

Sure, pastels dresses and conservative shoes are nice, but none of my Crew wear such average clothes. Even Tohma, who may be the most conservative, still wears rockstar businessman chic, such as a nice suit with a rockstar tie like the one in the pic, or cool boots and a suave hat. Something to make him stand out amongst the "normals."

Tohma's bandmates, are way more wild dressers than he is!

Hmmm. Maybe I'll dress the three of them up and post a pic to both this and the Luts/CP thread that they're on. Its a thought.:wiggle

Ryu

#854 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Nov 17, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    14. @gothikgrrl He looks beautiful! <3

@Gintsumi I also haven’t tried to dress my boys since I unearthed them, and I have the same opinion as @Ryuichi Sakuma 13 that the clothing has really changed and moved to a more mainstream style that I don’t necessarily like. DollHeart is still coming through though LOL, I have a few outfits bookmarked for Hamlet and Ophelia when I eventually get them. I’ll suffer through the high water pants if it’s from DollHeart!!

15. Try Etsy! I'm having a dress commissioned right now. I also don't like my dolls in average clothes, and prefer a more over the top gothic look, so I like being able to have something made to my specifications and etsy is a great place for that.

16. I miss this company so much! Here's a shot I took last night of our 'newest' (we got him in Feb) DoD: a homme Ducan named Vincent.
      [​IMG]

OMG I was just thinking about this last night, how when we first got our Sha in 2006 I had to have pants specially made, because everything that was SD13 (or worse, SD) was ridicc short. I had to tuck everything into tall boots. And also the pants were often flares so pretending they were crop pants was not happening. ^^;;; I think the 55-60 cm standard for larger boys has fallen by the wayside, since longer legs and taller dolls are so much more common. I can buy generic 'sd' pants for my DoT guys these days and they fit just fine. But yesterday I was looking at stuff on ACBJD and had a moment's crisis between 'SD" and '70cm' on the sizes.

#857 tenshi_no_korin, Nov 20, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    17. OOOO I forgot about Etsy!! Aaaa actually I was checking there a while ago for doll-sized sewing notions, it’s really exciting how the market has expanded since I was last here!

@tenshi_no_korin He’s gorgeous! Congrats! Ducan is a fabulous sculpt!

18. Thank you! ^_^ Also, adding to the etsy comment, Dreamland Doll Studio on Etsy actually HAS a DoT Sha as a model, so getting something custom from them might be an option. Welcome to my doll world Сlothes and accessorie for BJD by DreamLanddollStudio I've never ordered from them so I can't give more of a rec than "I like the pics."

Just yesterday I was talking to a doll friend saying I was having a sad panda fantasy wishing that Dollheart Fuko bags were readily available and good again, and that DoD was still in business so I could buy something for my dolls other than colorblock t-shirts and leggings. ^^; I remember ppl used to say there were no casual clothes for dolls available, but now there's nothing but casual clothes and I'm pining for some crazy goth fullsets with pointless straps and shoes no sane person would wear. ^_^

19. Thanks so much for the heads up!!! I must check them out!

Aaa yes I miss the ridiculous straps and the crazy shoes! I’m so glad that the shoes I do have have held up over the last number of years, I don’t know how I’d replace them at this point ;-;