1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Realm Feedback (ALL)

Feb 6, 2010

1. What did you order?
      Tan Xiao Chi

When did you order?
      Jan. 10th (or so) 2010

How was the communication?
      So-so, they originally told me two weeks. Two weeks came and went, so I sent an inquiry as to where my tracking number was. Then they told me they were still making it, so I'd have to wait another two weeks. But then he suddenly appeared on my door step, two weeks and a few days after their first response. Which I did NOT appreciate, as he could've arrived when I wasn't home, and heaven forbid I live in a city, in which case he would've been sitting out for anyone to take, I did not appreciate the lack of warning.

How easy was it to pay?
      very easy through paypal.

How long did it take to ship?
      I believe a week and a half. Although they never sent me a tracking number, so he just appeared on my door step one day. I'm very happy I live in the middle of nowhere, as I was not expecting him at all.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      NO. First, the resin doesn't smell "quality" I have quite a few knock-off garage kits from singapore, and they all have a specific smell to them. Sera, my B&G girl, smelled like resin, but not like them. He smells like my garage kits, which did not make me happy.
      He has two chips, one at his waist, and one on his torso joints. The seam sanding they did left him drastically discolored, and even there are spots on his face, torso, and feet that had no seams, and there is marbaling/discoloration on him.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes-ish. His nose wasn't as long as the pictures, but as I didn't want it that long, that's fine by me. However, there were no pictures of a tan Xiao Chi. The lips are right though, and the eyes look about the right size. Just the nose seems off.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      NO. The opposite of satisfied, insanely UN-satisfied. 622 dollars, and I got ... THAT?! I want my money back in all honesty, he's not at all what I expected or wanted. After my cheaper 330 doll was as perfect as can be, I expected something similar, if not the same quality for nearly twice the money.
      EDIT: Also, the magnets for the hands/ears/head cap are all really weak. I have to use the normal hands, and I drilled some holes and put “stoppers” in so his head cap would stop sliding off every time I try to put a wig on him. Haven’t figured out what to do about the ears yet though.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      EDIT: I emailed the company and told them what had happened, they got back to me saying they would work with me to reach a happy conclusion.
      In the end they gave me a full refund for the doll, I paid the shipping, the paypal fees, and cost of the shoes they sent, and they let me keep the doll. He was the doll of my dreams, so I’m still sad that he became a project more then simply perfect. But, oh well. They were very polite, sometimes responses took awhile, but refunding me the 500 dollars for the doll, and letting me keep him to try to turn him into something good was kind of them. He is by no means perfect, he has a lot of scars, both physically and emotionally, but we’ll see what happens. So in essense: They resolved the issue to my satisfaction.

Would you order from this company again?
      Not a chance. Not when their products are good on the screen and insanely shoddy in real life.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      No. Not unless they do something to improve their quality.

2. What did you order?
      Antonio, SuiTian and Rad.Coreco heads in pink NS. The heads were blank.

When did you order?
      May 8, 2010.

Took a day or to before I got a reply to my questions in most cases.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy through Paypal. Note that I was charged a separate PP fee of $14 for a $300-order. This was mentioned up front.

I was told it would be between 2 weeks and 60 days, it took 20 weeks INCLUDING transit time & weekends, so that was pretty good.

Yes, I think so. I did notice a strong smell in the resin (when sanding), probably due to the use of solvents/thinners to make it easier to pour into the molds. The sculpts each have their own little quirks, but that is not a problem, I bought these heads with intention to modify. The resin colour is even, nice and pale, no issues that I can see. One thing I might mention is that the eyelids, especially on Antonio, are very thin and could easily get damaged (as mine did when I was opening the eyes more), and the magnetic ears don't seem to fit very snugly on the side of the head.. the head is curved, the back of the ears are flat. I'll probably end up gluing and puttying the ears on so they don't fall off, they look fine from the front.

I also received a small tan sample (by request) and sanded and polished it to see if there was a problem. After both sanding and polishing (with a rag and a plastic polishing compound that I regularly use to buff up seams on tan dolls) there was a very faint difference in colour (sanded areas lighter), and of course the polished areas were glossy, but not enough to make me worried. I would order a tan product in future, and also told LiWei about the polishing compound in the event he'd want to try it.

Absolutely!! Each blank sculpt looks exactly like the sales pictures, barring the fact that they haven't taken down the old pics of Rad.Coreco from their site... all the dolls now come with magnetic ears and this is not shown in all cases.

Yes.

N/A

Yes.

Yes.

3. What did you order?
      Antonio pink skin without Face up

When did you order?
      03 May, 2010

Very nice

How easy was it to pay?
      Yes, it was easy

28 Days

Yes!
      He looks really great!

He looks better. I love his lips

Of course!

//

Yes!

No. I prefer to buy direct from the Company

4. What did you order?
      White skin Rad Coreco full set (faceup+clothes+eyes+wig)

When did you order?
      January 30th 2010

Now that I think back about it, I would've hoped for some kind of shipping notice so I could've prepared for his arrival, but on the other hand it was a nice surprise he came earlier than I expected. There wasn't really any kind of communication from either my part nor theirs.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy via PayPal.

My boy arrived at the customs after 16 days after payment was made! Really surprised me with the speed.

Yes, I love my guy to bits! There were couple of tiny gouges in his body, and when looking very closely, there is evidence of somewhat rough and uneven sanding from the company's part, but they didn't really bother me as they are easily fixable, what with the white skin and all. Only thing I feel obliged to really nit pick about was the insanely big shipping and handling fee of $107, but well, what's done is done.

Yes and no. For starters, the face up is significantly lighter than what I expected judging from the sales pictures, but even so I still love all the little details and overall delicate work they did with his face up. His clothes also had issues; the hat design was different from what I had imagined and his vest was horribly cut. However, as I ordered the clothes merely so my boy didn't have to be naked after arrival, it's really no biggie for me.

Yes, totally! Sure, his sculpt might not be as detailed as some other more popular companies' dolls are, but to me he's a really unique piece of work.

Sure, if they ever happen to make more of those irresistible enough guys or girls for me to fall in love with.

Probably no, because I like it more to order directly from the companies, unless it's a limited doll no longer available for purchase other than second-hand.

5. What did you order?
      Xiao Chi no face up, normal skin

When did you order?
      16, November 2012

Horrible and terribly miss-communicated (their first language isn't English but when you get an email stating that your paypal verified address is an incorrect address, suspicions arise...)

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy as they sent me an invoice via paypal, as I had asked

After they had told me 2 weeks? It was another two weeks, and another... until it arrived December 7th, 2012

NO!! Not only did the head not come protected, it was dirty with black marks all over his face.

NO! The item in the pictures didn't have dirt marks all over the face.

Yes and no. He's the head I had dreamed about, he was just incredibly dirty and just wasn't cared for. When companies, or people who sell dolls send you something you've paid for in poor condition it makes you feel like you're being treated like a terrible customer.

They didn't. First off I didn't even know they sent it until DHL left me a note stating they'll try to redeliver (I was angered that it wasn't an option to vote NO for DHL. They are the worst courier in Canada, in my personal opinion). When I emailed them to respond to me immediately (after believing that this company had cheated me out of my money), they emailed me a tracking number that wasn't a tracking number nor was it registered through DHL when I called DHL about it. All of this was a horrible nightmare I wish not to experience when spending so much money on an item.

No.

That's a possibly since I hate dealing with these people. They don't respond to my questions, they don't communicate with their customers properly. I couldn't be more disappointed with a company. I'd rather buy him off of another person then deal with a company that doesn't value their customers.

6. What did you order?
      Mike in NS, no face up with nude body

When did you order?
      about 2014

They answered me very fast, almost took only one day to answered

How easy was it to pay?
      I made payment through my dealer, bought from tabao.

Only 7 days after I ordered.

Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      Yes, his right hand finger was broken. Very bad for his packing.

If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      They sent new right hand to me, it took about one month to send me a new hand

Yes, i would but hope they will improve their packing box.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?Yes, 73.5 cm for $394, not too expensive for me. I ordered from their taobao site and paid with CNY so it's cheaper than paid with USD.

Yes, he look like the sales pictures, except for his ears look too low when compare with their face. Sale pictures didn't show his ears.

Edited for more question