1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dreamhigh Studio Product Review

Jun 22, 2014

1. Dreamhigh Studio
      http://www.dreamhighstudio.com/index.html

Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses.

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.
      PLEASE STICK TO THE FACTS.

2. Alrighty here I go!

* What did you order?
      DHS Kinoko

* When did you order?
      9/14/14

Yes, I know from experience how difficult it is to make small dolls, and Donny is quite good at it!

Yes and no; my Kinoko does not have eyebrows or the defined lip-line from the photos, but it's nothing I can change if it ends up really bothering me.

Yes! As far as I know, Kinoko is the smallest humanoid BJD available in the world, and he's just adorable! There are simple things that I will have to fix, but I wouldn't consider them defects (For instance, one of the elastic channels in his thighs is ever-so-slightly blocked which prevents him from sitting well, but it's an easy fix, and I did not buy the doll for its poseability. It's very hard to cast such tiny pieces without imperfections)

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      Pro: VERY cute, free body blushing, looks good with and without mushroom cap, fits in the palms of SD sized dolls, box is lovely

Con: Limited (and now sold out), (presumably) easily lost, in case you wanted to replace the eyes you might need to use a tool of some sort to scrape the eye putty from the tiny hole and then use tweezers to install the new eyes, no eyebrows or lip line
      Sure!
      [​IMG]

3. * What did you order?
      The Q-Baby, first edition, "girl" facup
      * When did you order?
      January 2015
      Yeah, she is highly detailed and articulated, and the faceup/body blush still has no flaws that I know of.
      Almost identical, yes.
      I requested a modified face-up, I asked them to give her freckles and change the eyebrows a little, and they promised to do so but she arrived with the default faceup and I was quite annoyed (I never paid more for it so I didn't want to spend on shipping her back). I don't really have the means to do it myself plus I've been meaning to sell her so I didn't want to attempt it myself for a first try. Some of her joints are pooly strung, her posability has always been shoddy but not self-damaging, one of her arms will staunchly insist on not going where I want it to and I've had difficulty getting her legs to do anything. Her head will not move aside from turning around some. I am not familiar enough with elastic to fix it myself.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product
      -Pros: Adorable and fun, good for a display but not for play. Magnetic hands are fun but one doesn't fit so I don't use them much.
      -Cons: Posability is limited and difficult. Difficult to clothe, she is about the size of a Chelsie doll. And her head is 4-5" most places even on Etsy don't go that small.
      Maybe, but not another Q-Baby. I like some of the fairy options. They were friendly if forgetful and while my package arrived late it was in perfect condition.

[​IMG]

#3 FlightyRainbow, Mar 8, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 8, 2017