1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Feb 7, 2021

1. It really depends on the emergency and how much time I have to prepare. In my location, the most likely disaster would be a tornado, which is usually like a 10 minute warning max. In that case, I'd have enough time to get them all downstairs and I have done this. I don't grab accessories or boxes or anything, just dolls.

In something more immediate, like a house fire, it would just depend on where in the house I was and if my husband and dog were safely out. They are my priorities and second would be my photo books and other mementos of my past and family/friends. The dolls would be third, along with the rare video game collection. If I'm upstairs, I'll grab what dolls I can. If I'm downstairs, the games are getting saved. If I'm grabbing dolls, it'll be Amir and Lily. Amir was my first doll so his sentimental value is higher than any price tag, and Lily is a NotDoll Belladonna, a discontinued doll from a defunct company and they don't pop up on the secondhand market that often. I can't imagine her as any other sculpt either. The others wouldn't be that hard to replace or reshell.

2. So if it were an event that I actually had a little time to pack things (like a tornado), I’d grab 3 of my 4 dolls (the 4th is mehh to me, haha), amongst other important keepsakes and documents.

But if it were a fire? Beyond making sure my husband and cat get out safely, there is nothing I’d run back into that house for. In a house fire, you literally only have about 2-3 minutes before the fire engulfs everything. House fires are insanely fast. Going back in almost definitely means getting serious burns or dying. No doll or sentimental object is worth that.

3. Honestly I’ve never thought about them. It would be impossible to grab them same as my MH collection. I am more afraid of being able to take my baby, dog and chameleon, who is often hidden. He is my biggest fear tbh. He would have to be removed from his home carefully since he holds branches firmly. And if it’s cold outside like now -15 at night, he would probably die anyway. :(

4. Due to events over the summer very close to my house (by which I mean, within a couple of blocks), we did make an evacuation plan in case we needed to get out.

The things on the list were people, dogs, cats, dog food, cat food, medications, and some food and clothes for ourselves.

The things that were not on the list were literally everything else in the house, including dolls, aquarium pets, and reptiles, with the exception of throwing a multi-day feeder into the larger fish aquarium. Everything else could go a few days without food, as long as the house wasn't destroyed or their enclosures damaged. "Stuff" didn't even cross our minds at any point during the frantic planning to evacuate.

It's all well and good to calmly sit in front of a screen and think "Yes I would absolutely take these things with me," but it's not until you're in that situation that you'll find out what's really important to you, and what's important to me is my cats. I'd certainly be sad about the loss of my dolls, especially considering how many discontinued and limited sculpts are in my collection, as well as the mods that have been done to several of them, but nowhere near as distraught as I'd be if I lost one of my furbabies.

5. .

#25 Gintsumi, Feb 12, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
    6. Honestly no. I have personally never been in a fire but I know several people who have and there is no time to even be thinking about getting anything other than living things out of the house.
      As far as any other type of emergency it would really depend on what it was, but I would think any real emergency I would be too preoccupied with keeping myself safe and any loved ones safe before I even thought about any of my material possessions at all.

7. Goodness gracious - put on your winter coat and stuff him inside your shirt! You're 98.6° (does anyone outside the US use Fahrenheit anymore? :P) - hold him close and he'll be fine!

8. @celga Oh yes that came to my mind too, even though that might be a bit too hot.
      Actually I don’t know who else is using Fahrenheit. :lol:

9. While this isn't exactly emergency planning, please make sure that your home/renter's insurance actually covers your dolls. A lot of times things like jewelry, musical instruments and collectables are not. My insurance said they wouldn't be covered. There is a special company they sent me too that does that, but it seemed a little pricey so I didn't take out a policy.