1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Face shields for our dolls

Oct 5, 2008

1. I need a face guard in just under a few days but the only ones i can find are on ebay and in another country! I found some from junkyspot but just for the mask alone it costs $5 or so to ship. I need to save all the money I can for now.

Does anyone have any 'alternatives' for face guards or is there a way I can make my own?

:)

2. Ummm.... this is going to sound stupid, but have you looked in the toy section at your local dollar store (like dollar tree or the equivalent)? I always come across these dinosaur egg toys that are roughly the size of an MSD sized doll head. They are packaged like many toys with the cardboard back and thin plastic attached (sorry- hard to explain! It's kind of like this hot wheel toy's packaging, except the dino egg toy is oval shaped, not square!). The plastic from the packaging will fit pretty well over your msd's face in order to protect the face-up. Mind you, it is not a perfect fit by any means; you will need to put a rubber band around the "face mask" to keep it on his/her head (or tie it XD) and there will be gaps, but it should get you through whatever until you get a real face gaurd ;)

3. the dome top lids that come with a frappacino work pretty well just cover the top hole with saran wrap.

4. I'm really cheap, I've just been wrapping my boys' faces with some uber soft fabric I snagged from my grandma's scrap bin when I load them into the carrier. It's been doing quite well so far... only damage on Gamrut's face is from him smacking himself in the face when I'm trying to pose him.

5. I never thought of that, I'm going to DollarTree tomorrow. I'll take a look! :D

Also to the others, I'll try your ideas. =D Thank you! Any other alternatives are welcome. ^^

6. I just use some white paper cups and haven't had any problems! I'm sure styrofoam cups would work fine as well :)

7. Easiest and probably cheapest: plastic bags. Next time you go grocery shopping, save a bag.

8. One doll that I got, a dollndoll Ines (SD size) didn't come with a face cover like they normally do...She had a lid like they put on slushies etc. Her head was fine when it got to me, and I ordered her from the company.

9. I use donuts made from fleece or bubble wrap - wrapped around the edge of the face so nothing gets near the colors and lashes- tape the bubble wrap to itself so it stays a circle or I sew the fleece. Sharmin made it to the UK and back with a fleece donut and flap o material over that and she has long lashes! :)
      QZ

10. I use donuts made from fleece or bubble wrap - wrapped around the edge of the face so nothing gets near the colors and lashes- tape the bubble wrap to itself so it stays a circle or I sew the fleece. Sharmin made it to the UK and back with a fleece donut and flap o material over that and she has long lashes! :)
      QZ

11. Light bulb packages. The ones with the plastic protector over the bulb that hangs on a display rack. They have to be a bit sturdier than toy packaging because they are protecting thin and fragile glass in shipping.

12. I actually made my own faceup mask with medium-stiff white paper and tape once. I just rolled the paper into a cone big enough to fit around/over the face, and folded down the point. Tape went on the obvious places. XD

13. i cut apart plastic drinking bottles.
      I use the upper dome shaped part as a face mask and also cut off the end that you drink out of. It leaves a bit of a gap in the middle but i usually keep bottle face masks in place with a bit of bubble wrap around the head and taped^^
      Its worked so far!^^

14. cutting a solo plastic cup also works.

15. Great ideas! I have to admit I've been using the old dunny roll (toilet paper) wrapped around the dolls head........also very good for when you have doll but not tissues!

16. LMAO you sound like an Aussie Okka with that expresion!!! I've used quilt batting. the drink bottle method and most recently a lid off a slurpie cup....

17. *MODS: Please move/delete if this is not the right place, but I couldn't find an answer to this question anywhere- but then again, I'm not a search engine wiz :doh so I might have overlooked it*

Ok, I'm planning on shipping one of my incoming dolls of for a face-up and the artists wants me to ship face-shields with her. None of my dolls actually arrived to me with face-shields and as the incoming doll don't even have a face-up I doubt the company has shipped her with any. Where do I get this? Is there somewhere I can buy this or do I just have to make a WTB thread in the marketplace and hope for the best? I'm such a newbie when it comes to customization*_*

Thanks in advance for any advice and help!

18. I know that some dealers will sell them. Like, DDE in America has them. However, seeing as you're from Norway, you'd want to try asking on of the dealers from Europe if they have any.

Asking on the MP would probably also help, or if you go to any doll meets, someone might have one that they can sell you (they're really cheap).

Also, I know that Dollmore has them and Luts has them under "Tools." You might be able to join a GO in order to get one.

19. I got mine from Triskel fantasy shop.

20. Slurpee or Icee lids can be used as temporary face covers when nothing else is available. You probably don't have those brands in Norway but any sort of iced drink lid that's made of clear plastic and is dome shaped will work.