1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

FairyLand PukiFee How to Restring

Sep 21, 2009

1. I bought my boy second hand and didn't get his "directions". I'm having trouble finding a link on fairyland. Any links? Suggestions? Has anyone - firsthand experience - actually restrung their pukifee?

THANKS!

2. hmmm, I'm about to re-human my Waverly, so I'll take some pictures! hang tight for a half an hour or so and I'll show you the lower half of their stringing

3. all the bits laid out, Fairyland was nice, and marked everything L or R, we're working on the Left leg
      [​IMG]

the teeny tiny hip piece was a little confusing for me, so I've shown how it fits into the large hip piece with these three pictures
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I use a bit of fishing line to thread all the parts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      here's the tough part! PukiFee's were strung by Superman himself, and they are TIGHT Waverly has been worked around a bit until she was a little looser, so you'll have to pull a heck of a lot harder than it looks like I am pulling, get help! have someone hang on to the fishing line while you hang onto the leg and the foot/hook, as soon as you see that elastic end, HOOK THE FOOT OMG!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      whew!

Also, you need to make sure your leg's knot is hidden up inside either of the top two larger joints, the knot cannot fit through the knee piece, or the tiny hip piece (as shown on Waverly's Right leg)
      [​IMG]

4. not to be a posty-pants, but does anyone know what the large holes are supposed to be for, in her hips?
      [​IMG]
      the holes that lead up into her tummy piece? maybe if we wanted to string them in the "traditional" way? from head to foot or something?

5. You know you ARE my hero, right? XO!

Okay, how did you unhook that wee hook? I think my tension is way way way too tight and I'm worried about either snapping the elastic or stretching it out of its stretchiness.

6. the first time I un-hooked her feet was nerve wrecking! seriously the tightest doll I have ever had!
      I ended up threading another bit of elastic through what precious little of her elastic that I could reach, and then yanked on that until I could push her S-hook loose from it

might help if you bend her other leg so you get as much possible slack as you can

Waverly is swapped out to different legs a few times a week now, poor thing, but she has survived! they are strong little dollies!

7. I am so glad someone else was wondering this too! x3 I bought my Pukifee second hand as well, and it seems like one of her legs is really loose compared to the other. If I wanted to make her string tighter or shorter I suppose, how would I do that? I really don't want to mess anything up, I have never restrung any bjd before. D:

8. hi everyone,ive been lurking here for a few weeks and thought it was about time i said hello...sooo hello x
      im not sure this is allowed here but i have a problem with my pukifee head which is all floppy and getting increadingly awful at posing..in fact she can only do 2 head poses...looking up or down and thats it..she was second hand , and my first doll, so i wasnt sure what was normal..but i now know this isnt 'normal'...does anyone know what can be done about it please ??( the fairyland website says its nothing to be concerned about...but if she doesnt pose anymore then there is....thanks for reading x

9. That's neat, nice to know how to restring my doll in the future.

10. It's possible that the elastic that runs through her neck is too loose, do you often find that her arms are loose or difficult to pose as well?

11. Bevuk,
      I restrung my pukifee about two months ago to lati fox legs. She was originally strung how daisydayes' pukifee is strung, but since the fox legs don't have hip joints I had to restring her the traditional way, which is how artimis's doll looks to be strung. Currently I am having difficulty with her head as it gets very floppy as well sometimes. In daisydayes photo, her pukifee is strung with three strings, one in the hips, arms and one that keeps the head onto the neck. If yours has been strung like mine is now, it is all being kept together with two (one through the neck, torso and legs, the other through the arms), so you could try stringing with three if yours has the extra hip joint part thing.
      Artemis_Night, is your doll's head loose as well? If not is she strung really tightly? I think mine might not be tight enough but I'm not sure and do not want to take her apart to fix it as it took me a long time to restring my doll back together unless I know what could be causing her head to flop.

12. Hi tiny and artemis night...i fexed my floppy pukifee head...it too 3 goes of tightening the neck elastic now shes as good as new... i iwould love to try tightening her legs next but the tiny size is scaring me .

13. what size elastic does pukifee take? 2mm?

14. My pukifee will need re stringing soon.
      Where can I find the elastic ?

15. Thank you so much for this! Probably needs to be Stickied by a Mod, I'm sure a lot of people need this!