1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite company?

May 26, 2014

1. Ok so, browsing on here a lot of people think that resin soul is cheap and the dolls aren't that good. But I really really like their sculpts and I plan on purchasing more from them. I love their color options and their faces are very pretty. So I think they are my favorite even though people think they are cheap.

What is your favorite?

2. First let me say that I don't think it matters what the price of a doll is. If you love it and can afford it, then you should have it and be proud of it. I love my Angel of Dream Qian just as much as I love my other dolls.

With that being said-my favourite company as of right now is Doll Leaves. I want every single one of their sculpts. I have two. 1/3 Emily and 1/4 Amara. They are reasonably priced and every sculpt is beautiful. :aheartbea

3. Resinsoul/Bobobie would have to be my favourite. I love their sculpts and the variety of resin colours available.

4. Angel of Dream be my favourite company here ^^ The sculpts for the faces and bodies are absolutely wonderful things :3 Doll Leaves also gets a nod for their bodies, and so does DBDoll (best posing of all my dolls - if they still exist anyway, do they? I've not seen them in a while). None of these three are particularly 'expensive' so to say, not that it matters, they are pretty and well crafted, what else do you need?

5. I like Iplehouse,crobidoll and Dollmore :)
      I've never owned any girls/boys from Crobidoll but I like their sculpt

6. Iple house and Doll-Chateau even if I don't own their dolls. Yet.

7. I am a Volks and Dollstown fan. Dolltown for their bodies and Volks for their (older) heads. Even with all the new companies out there today, I keep coming back to them.

8. I don't have one yet, but I really like Peak's Woods dolls. Especially the Fairies of Colors. They were the first dolls that got my attention, but I can never decide which one to get. Since they're kind of my dream doll, I don't want to have any regrets. I also like their cute YoSD sized vampires. The unusualness of Doll Chateau is really growing on me too. I have Hilary, and she's definitely quirky, but I love her.

I don't have a Resin Soul either, but I think Ian and Mei are especially pretty. I almost bought one as my first doll, and looking at them again, I'm wondering if they should go on my wishlist.

9. Fairyland most definitely is mine with it making up 2/3 of my collection. I think for me it's bc I love the sculpts I have and the awesome posability :D I feel bfs for my iplehouse bc he rarely gets touch but IH has more masculine msd sculpts which I love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. I love the detailed faces of Supia sculpts. I like all of Supia's sculpts (except Rosy and Roda) so by default I guess they'd be my favourite. My two favourite dolls are Souldoll, though, so I guess they'd be my runners up.

11. Crobidoll and Luts are my favorite at the moment, but I'm new to the hobby and there are many dolls from many companies that I haven't met yet!

12. I do love Resinsoul dolls and own a few that i have purchased second hand. If money was no option I would love to own Dollmore Calix.

13. My favorite company is Volks and Unoa. Volks SDGr girls and Unoa Zero girls is my favorite line, from face to body, they're so perfect to me. But I guess the perfectness is reflected on the price so I'll wait for new releases and just watching owner photo lol. I hope one day I can see in person or even touch and play with them if allowed :)

14. I'm pretty sure there has been a topic posted like this before.

There is no such thing as a cheap BJD. They are all luxury items that cost a fair amount of money.

Some people may prefer the joints or resin or sculpts or style of different companies, but most people here will tell people to buy what they like and to not let other opinions get in the way (unless it's something that matters--like you want amazing posing ability and people report that a particular body isn't a great poser--but if opinions differ--do NOT just focus on the negative! You might need to make a wise decision and that should include ALL the facts--good and bad).

Everyone has their own favorite companies. I like a LOT of companies. Pretty much all of them are fantastic, in my book, including many I do not own a doll from. I don't think bjds should be a popularity contest. If you see something you like, then go with that. It shouldn't matter if lots of people or no one thinks the company is a favorite of theirs. It shouldn't matter if a ton of people have that doll or no one has it. It should only matter that you like that doll.

15. Looking at my collection and current tastes, I think I'd have to go FairyLand(/CP) as my favorite. I currently have 19 full dolls and 4 partials home, and of those 7 full and 2 partial are CP sculpts (roughly 40% and 50%, in other numbers). With the shipment I'm waiting on, that'll jump to 22/3 for totals, and 10/1 for fractions (45%/33%), giving CP/FairyLand solid domination of my collection.

With the rest, I generally only have about two from any given single company other than FairyLand, but one of those pairs is two ResinSouls. :) And I have plans of at least two more of their sculpts, which will put them at the second largest represented company. Soom will eventually follow as the third, whenever I complete that trio, and the remaining pair that likely will stay as a pair is Angel of Dream. In other words, it's a spread of companies often regarded as "cheap" and companies regarded more highly. The way others might discuss them, though, isn't something that's going to bother me at this point in the hobby for me! The only thing I might care about is if it turned out a company was doing something illegal, but if people just want to complain that they're "cheap" or "bad?" I'll just think they need a better hobby.

I buy what I like. And while CP may be dominating the field at the moment, what I like covers a lot of ground and I'm perfectly comfortable with that!

16. Iplehouse is my favorite, but I like so much too Soom Idealians (Hyperon is my favorite boy).
      I love Soom The Gem, I have many dolls in my wishlist.
      Fairyland is very cute.
      And Luts, although I don't like much their bodies, I love some faces.

17. Luts and Soom are my favorites. I do have two odd ones out though. A DZ Miss Kitty and a B&G Sapphire from way back.

18. Right now I'm torn between Pipos and Luts, but I think I prefer Pipos overall. I only have one doll from them but he's my pride and joy and I just love everything they come up with. :)

19. Oh man, where do I start? I've been eyeing BJDs for years, so I have several favorites. Volks, Luts, Soom, and Dream of Doll. (Especially their DoT and DoI lines!)