1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback for Custom House

Dec 30, 2007

1. Or CustomHouse.

What did you order? Little Junior Ai Meoloo
      When did you order? December 4th, 2007
      How was the communication? E-mail-wise, there wasn't any. I wasn't notified when they received my payment, and I wasn't notified when they shipped. None of the messages were in my junk mail, but I did get the notice that I had successfully signed up. I'm signed up for their newsletter service, too, but I haven't received anything. I don't know why.
      How easy was it to pay? Easy enough - I paid with Paypal, and it was basically a routine transaction (the only thing easier is eBay).
      How long did it take to ship? 24 days - 16 days to make, and 8 days to ship (shipping occurred mostly over the holidays)
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? ^^ I believe so, but then again, I have nothing to compare him with. XD He has no problem standing and there are no problems with his joints. He does need to be re-strung (one arm and leg are tighter/looser than the other), but I was fully expecting that.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Absolutely. Right down to the colour of his eyes and faceup.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so. The packing was excellent and his faceup is beyond gorgeous - I specifically requested they make it as close as possible to the pictures, and they certainly delivered. The only gripe I have is that one hand and one foot stick out a little more than the other hand and foot, but I'm pretty sure that's a tension problem can be remedied with re-stringing (they look to be identical sizes).

2. What did you order? Petite Ai Raincoat Children Periel
      When did you order? 29th of July 2007
      How was the communication? Not that good, the answer didn't come quick at all and often they were "lying" about when she were going to be sent and so on... -.-'
      How easy was it to pay? Very easy, no problems at all. ^^
      How long did it take to ship? About 8 weeks... -.-' Very irritating...
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yeah, absolutely. ^^
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yup, at least no bigger differences...
      Were you satisfied with the product? Her posingability SUCKS and i didn't really bond with her so she's sold know, but except for that, yeah.

3. What did you order? Tribute Ai Earl (Warrior Ver.)
      When did you order? December 2007
      How was the communication? No email notifications, but otherwise excellent -- order status was promptly updated, questions on the Q&A board were quickly answered, and they made adding items to my order (wigs, shoes) very easy.
      How easy was it to pay? Standard CC transaction.
      How long did it take to ship? Exactly 2 months (out of a predicted 8-9 weeks).
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely -- the detail work on his fullset is amazing, and his box is actually a wooden chest.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Even better, IMO.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Overall, very satisfied -- however, they did ship him to me wearing his armor, which resulted in a cracked, detached shoulderplate.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They were very good when it came to fixing the problem -- they refunded the cost of my shipping the armor back in store credit, took less than a week to repair/repaint the armor, and shipped it back via EMS. Communication throughout the whole process was very solicitous, with prompt emails containing detailed updates.

4. What did you order? Basic Petite Ai Uriel
      When did you order? Aug 18, 2008
      How was the communication? Status is updated almost immediately on the website.
      How easy was it to pay? During the ordering process it gave the paypal address to send payment to. I simply made a Paypal payment for the amount noted, with the order number on it.
      How long did it take to ship? about a week o_O
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely. I love the feel, quality and tone to CH dolls, and with the updated body the Petite Ai poses beautifully.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yup!
      Were you satisfied with the product? I was stunned at the speed my doll was shipped out and extremely pleased that CH has maintained the same quality since I ordered my last doll in 2003. I wish the shoes fit a little better but I recognize that they were designed for the older Petite body. I was disappointed in the quality of the printing on the PP Membership t-shirt but it did exactly match the sample photograph.

5. What did you order? Ange Ai Gaby basic version
      When did you order? September 5, 2008
      How was the communication? Good. I had a couple of questions which were answered within24 hours on the question and answer board and the one email I sent was responded to quickly too.
      How easy was it to pay? Pretty easy. I paid with Paypal.
      How long did it take to ship? 30 days til I got a stracking number on the website order status and 3 days to get here after that.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes! I love the resin the scupt and the posing and at her sale price 119 she was an excellent value.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Completely! She was supposed to be my only BJD but I'm already planning to purchase from Custom House again.

6. What did you order?
      Little Junior Darea (+ Little Junior Icarus)

When did you order?
      14th of August, 2008

How was the communication?
      I'd ordered a LJ Darea for me and a LJ Icarus for somebody else, and because we were going to switch the bodies, I asked CH to please give Icarus a girly makeup. They replied swiftly, and very politely and friendly agreed to my request.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy, as I paid with Paypal.

How long did it take to ship?
      Technically 14 days, but since CH were on vacation until the 20th of August, really only 8 days!

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Definitely! I'm a club member and thus get the discounted price, but even if I didn't, I'd still consider the dolls worth it.

I have dolls here from 8 different companies, and CH resin is my favorite, very heavy and matt. The resin has a sort of texture to it, which I prefer to overly smooth, shiny resin, but that's of course personal preference. The sculpts are nicely detailed and have a lot of character.

The only flaw I can find is that CH dolls generally aren't great posers.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Hard to say, because I'd ordered my Darea without a faceup, and the Icarus for the other girl with a non-default faceup.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Very. Both dolls were packed very safely, and the non-default faceup on Icarus was gorgeous.

What did you order?
      Bisou Ai PoPo

When did you order?
      1st of September, 2008

How was the communication?
      There was none that I recall.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy, again with Paypal.

How long did it take to ship?
      38 days. This was during an event period.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Again, definitely!

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Again, hard to say... I always order without faceups, and dolls look very different with blank faces!

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Very much so. She's a gorgeous tiny doll with a lot of character.

7. What did you order? An Ange Ai Uri
      When did you order? September 1st 2008
      How was the communication? It was okay.
      How easy was it to pay? Very easy. No problems at all.
      How long did it take to ship? Not sure but I recieved it 3½ week later.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely! It was well worth the money.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes it did.
      Were you satisfied with the product? I was so happy with this doll. The face is so cute and the body is awsome and poses really well. I was in fact so happy with her that I put two more dolls from Custom House on my "To get in the near future" list.

I was a little surprised though because all the dolls I had bought up until then all were very smooth and Custom House resin feels a little textured. I like it though.

Dustbunnie

8. What did you order? Junior Marco
      When did you order? 7th sep 2008
      How was the communication? good. but replies were filled with excuses.
      How easy was it to pay? by paypal. i got a friend to pay for me. no problems at all
      How long did it take to ship? 2 months and 7 days. exceeded the promised 4-5weeks and there wasnt any info that there were some problems with the Juniors.[event period]
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yea. the quality was good alright. i simply loved the poseability of the body. He was all wrapped up like a spring roll and came with pink cushions OTLlll even though he was a boy...my friend got green ones >.>lll
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? no. except for the eyes, I do not think that it looked like the sales picture. the mouth was opened up a tad too big, all my friends pointed it out too. secondly the body was slightly too chesty, different from what i actually seen. and cheeks a little too chubby. I had to do some snding to the cheek but there was nothing i can do to the mouth
      Were you satisfied with the product? Overall, neutral. Of course I am happy with my boy, but with the delays, lack of updates when there is a problem and differin from sales pictures, i am rather dissed. But I am still happy that he is here.

edited: I was also happy about the fact that my boy was actually coated with MSC before he came. *saves trouble* but that puts me off sandin his seams =w=lll

9. What did you order? Petite Ai Yuriel
      When did you order? October 14th, 2008
      How was the communication? Pretty decent, I'd say. They answered all my questions, and I'm assuming they sent me a shipping notice: assuming because the email was actually blank. :sweat
      How easy was it to pay? Used Paypal, so real easy.
      How long did it take to ship? Almost 2 months
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes. He's a very sturdy little guy and looks great even without a faceup.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Well, they didn't have any pictures of the sculpt (at the time of ordering, at least) without a faceup, so it is hard to say. Based on the other blank Petite Ai photos, I'd say he looks even better in person.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Very.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a

10. What did you order? Junior Ai Marco
      When did you order? November 19, 2008
      How was the communication? I didn't get any email notifications, not an invoice when I paid and not a notice when the doll shipped. It did show on the order screen on the website, though, so I got into the habit of checking there once a day.
      How easy was it to pay? Very easy. I used Paypal, it took a few minutes and my order status updated about two days later.
      How long did it take to ship? Exactly five weeks to the day from the date I ordered. Shipping itself took about 6 days.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? More than appropriate, seems how I got him for 30% off. He is wonderfully well crafted and sturdy with a nice texture that feels sugary to the touch.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? I got him sans faceup, so not exactly, but I find the blank sculpt and the sales pictures comparable and he's certainly recognizable. His mouth is open quite a bit more than you can see on the sales pics, though.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Absolutely! I would buy from them again and recommend them to anyone considering. :)