1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback for Latidoll

May 29, 2007

1. Not sure if this is in the right place, but my guy...Micha is a Lati-doll M (Red line)

I recently ordered/received my M from Lati-doll, and going through several of the posts here I have found that many people wouldn't think of ordering from them.

This is my experience with my M from Lati.

I ordered via there online site, and accidentally put in the wrong address. It took them about 20-30 business days to ship him out the first time around. They are a fairly new company, and I think what happened is that they opened up their order forms not expecting so many people to be interested in a basic line doll. They have since closed their shipping and have made several announcements with the general intent of apologizing, and informing people that the next time they ship out they will have all their ducks in a row so to speak.

After my boy arrived in the US, we noticed that he wasn't hitting the house for some reason. By the time we called customs to see what was going on, he had already been shipped back to Korea. My fault, for not double and triple checking the address.

In a panic, I emailed Lati: By the way, if you have a Yahoo account, your emails may not be getting to the company address. They had someone email me from a personal account to make sure that everything was going ok. If this is the case for you, I suggest the Q&A boards. I got responses the day after I posted each of my questions, that were generally helpful.

They opened a special order for me so that I could get him Reshipped to the US, to the correct address. He got here this past week, and he is perfect.

Lati ((in my experience)) is also very good about trying to get you the eye-color that you want.

Here are some pics: [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

2. We're not looking for whether or not you actually liked the sculpt or style of the item, but we'd love to know how you felt about the quality and customer service!

You might consider including the following information:

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?

Please do not ask buying or selling questions here

3. * What did you order?
      Special Edition of Oracle ver. Elf M

* When did you order?
      July 23, 2007

Awesome communication!!! They replied me really fast! :D

Very easy like a piece of cake (I used paypal)!

They took more than 1 month to ship my package due to the weather problem.

Yeah!

Of course! My Oracle's faceup look exactly like the pictures. :love

There is a very minor scratch on my Oracle's right wrist.:sweat But, I don't mind it! Overall, the product is good! :)

They solved my very minor problem by sending me the new one and just charging me the shipping cost only. ^^

4. * What did you order?
      Lati White Puri
      Lati Yellow SP Benny

* When did you order?
      Puri was in early June, Benny was in early July, I think?

Their English is very good and they are quick to respond. However, in the case of problems, they're not always very informative.

Very easy!

Puri took about a month, Benny also took about a month.

The quality is very nice - they're very wll-constructed and carefully sculpted and crafted. They're really amazing dolls! I was surprised by how perfect the Puri's little hands and body were for how tiny she was.

Yes.

My Puri came with the wrong wig, but otherwise she was great.
      My Benny came with the wrong gendered body. The body they sent was really nice with great poseability, but I was really annoyed because Benny is a boy by default... and they even sent me the boy outfit! But they sent mine with a GIRL body.

I didn't bother to mention the wrong wig with the Puri.

I shipped the Benny's body back the day after receiving (August 14th) it and was reimbursed for the return shipping about three weeks later. Since then, I have posted on their Q&A board about every 2-3 weeks to ask for a status report on when the new body would be sent... and they won't give me any specific information. I last posted two weeks ago today and received the same "We're sorry for your inconvenience, we'll send it as soon as possible" response. It's been about a month and a half now, I think? They're taking way too long to fix the problem, and I really don't think I'll be ordering from them again.

5. * What did you order? LE Chaim
      * When did you order? September
      * How was the communication? Normal
      * How easy was it to pay? By Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? A lot, I didn't receive him until November
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Maybe
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes

6. * What did you order?
      LatiBlue Rucas without Face-up

* When did you order?
      The day before they closed orders... sometime in late August.

Great! I've bothered them on their Q&A board many times, and they're always very understandable and caring.

Simple enough. I had to switch from Firefox to IE, though, and resent my order many times-- but that's my fault for using Firefox, really.

Exactly thirty days.

Completely. I got a mature mini for $290, with $65 for shipping. Most mature minis are $350-450, so I was really surprised at their price. The resin has a nice tooth to it and is a pleasant color-- a little pinker than Volks, but of the same shade. The box and packaging was not only beautiful and functional, but ingenius! Very, very cool design that you have to see to really enjoy.

Yes and no. I don't think the pictures that Lati takes of their dolls are very flattering. They tend to be very one-dimensional, and the dolls don't look incredibly lively in them.

Quite-- though he's not strung as nicely as the Lati my sister got second-hand (who was never restrung, and was new). So that was confusing. He's also not as matte, and a smidge pinker.

I did not ask them to solve the problem, since they were all fixable.

7. * What did you order?
      Lati Yellows, wigs, clothing.

* When did you order?
      Autumn 2007

Good when I asked questions on their q/a board.

Easy by CC ... I think I could've figured out the PayPal with a little more time :P

1 month

The dolls are reasonably nice. One of the wigs is pretty bad - lacking hair in large patches along the front (and back). Pretty disappointing.
      The clothing is OK, a bit hard to put on and tight - one set moreso than the other (identical sets).

Pretty much.

Reasonably to very satisfied with the dolls. The wig still annoys me, but I don't want to deal with sending it back.

Haven't tried getting it solved yet. (EDIT: This thread inspired me to ask them if I can do anything :P)

8. * What did you order?
      Lati Green Coco

* When did you order?
      27th september

Great, very fast by email and Q&A :)

Very, by paypal.

Ages. my doll only shipped on November 12th. But i understand they were restructuring the manufacturing and shipment process.

It's the first time i'm buying, so i don't know ^^;

Yes.

Yes!! :D

though some of her seams were not sanded properly, when i blushed her cheeks, the colour got caught in a tiny part of her face :0 and she had a bit of very fine red streaks of dye on the hands she came with, but the issues are all very minor :)

N/A

9. * What did you order?
      Lati Green Senny basic version with makeup.

* When did you order?
      September 27, 2007.

Normal.

Very easy, by Paypal.

34 days.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

N/A.

10. What did you order?
      Lati Yellow Tanned Skin Lami

When did you order?
      I think the day they went on sale, Dec. 12, 2007

How was the communication?
      There wasn't much, really.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy!

How long did it take to ship?
      I think around a month but I don't remember exactly.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes. She's adorable! :aheartbea

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes. My only complaints are that one of her eyelashes was not glued on very well and it fell off, and I'm not crazy about her wig, but those are minor things and very easy to fix.

11. * What did you order?
      Red Line Basic Version L with Face up

* When did you order?
      March 8th, 2008

they answer quickly and kindly

very easy with Paypal

almost 3 months! :o

yes

yes, L was very gorgeous in person.

product, yes. they did give me the eye color i requested. L did suffer a minor damage which was fix-able despite he was package quite well inside the box, however they used a really huge shipping box and didn't fill the void to prevent the box from sliding around inside the shipping box. but i do not want to hassle Lati with it... especially after waiting so long.

how they handle the delays with customers, i wasn t too pleased.

I didn t like how they handle the situation with the delays. it would have been easier for them if they actually used the Notice Board and let customers know that there were going to be delays due to flood of orders and when they were having manufacture problems instead of having to harass them to get a response. when they response to my messages saying they would ship within mid may they did not. and same again when i asked about my order again the 2nd time and did not ship on the week they said they would.

they did give me an extra set of outfit for my L, which was rather nice of them

12. * What did you order?

2 BASIC Lati Yellow Lea
      1 BASIC Lati Yellow Lumi
      4 Wigs

NO MAKE-UP.

* When did you order?
      March 18, 2008

Sometimes, they tend to skip over your message. I did not like that very much. It generally took them 2~3 days to answer me. :( At first it took them a day, then it took longer as customers became irate with their service.

Very easy. Paypal. :P I never have problems with that method.

Ages. They went past the 30 ~ 35 Business days assurance. They finally shipped it on May 28th.

Quality-wise, i think it's pretty good for the price. They said though that they will be assembling it with the normal hands & feet, but they went ahead and still used the magnets. :| I'm quite displeased with that as I am afraid of restringing something that does not use hooks.

Yes.

50 ~ 50. I don't know. I waited for far too long for a basic doll. It really damages the customer's trust when you keep lying about the delivery date.

I DO like my Lea, no doubt, but I noticed the headcaps were not a perfect fit.. It makes me wonder if they just mash every type of headcap together even tho they should be all different fits as the heads are all different.

Also, about assembling the hands and feet.. I honestly do not like the magnet hands & feet even tho it's easier to change things with.. they are actually longer and smaller ( the feet ) in size as the joints became more protruded.. this causes problems with the clothes as people have already made measurements for the old hands and feet. They did not recreate the actual length and size. -__-;

I don't know. I don't think they will do anything as these are not defects.. I don't want to pay to ship this back just to get it restringed and wait for ages again..

13. * What did you order?
      Lati Green Grown up Coco Tan
      Lati Blue Body
      Lati white wig
      couple of eyelashes (which I didn't bother to check if its correct)

* When did you order?
      1 March 2008

Average I guess, they replied the important questions. Its only when they were swamped with orders then they started to give me answers like "please understand we can't check that right now as we have hundreds of orders..."

Easy Peasy! Paid with Paypal :)

I added to my order along the way and its 1 month exactly from the day I added my last order.

Yes and no. (but I'd definately order from Lati again because I love the Yellows)
      -The dress My Grown up Coco came with is superb! I totally love the details^^ It is by far the best quality dress that came with a doll.
      - My girl is tan, and has a lighter patch on her forehead and headcap (2.5cm long X 1.5cm wide). Its covered by her wig but I'm not 100% happy with the lighter patch ><

Yes~ <3<3<3

- 85% satisfied with Lati Green Coco Tan (- 15% because of lighter patch on forehead)
      - Shocked by the box my Lati Blue Body came with. Its way too unnecessarily heavy for the body. I have a hard time storing the box :(

I didn't feedback to Lati at all. Its not like they are going to change their packaging because of me :P

14. * What did you order?
      Redline L Basic

* When did you order?
      April 2nd 2008

Pleasent to begin with. The second time I posted on their Q&A board I was just wondering if any progress was being made on my order and they caps locked a few words (which in my opinion that's yelling) but were very nice and all "BUY OUR DOLL" when I asked a couple questions about the elf Lea tiny that was coming out that week. They also said my order would be shipped within that week (that's where they got all haughty with me) then it wasn't even shipped until late the next week because of their national holiday which I think they should have posted a week in advance that they would be closed for that. Especially since they had new Yellow line dolls coming out the day before.

Easy, used credit card.

2 and almost a half months

Yes.

Yes and no. I ordered the default face-up and it was nothing like the pictures showed. :|

Yes and no. His face-up really isn't for me and his head seems off for his body even though I know the lati dolls do have smaller heads. But I love the body. It poses like a dream.

I didn't bother contacting them, they more then likely wouldn't have done antyhing anyways becaues they've now changed the default pics for the L. I think they did that for more then just marketing purposes too. :|

I suggest thinking really hard if you want a doll from Lati, because they get snotty with you when you're politly asking about your order even though your the one that payed over 2 months ago. I realize they had problems going on and many companies are like this but they've really turned me off from buying one of there dolls. I'd only go back to them for a tiny, if that.

15. * What did you order?
      Red Line Basic Version, K with Face up.

* When did you order?
      October 14 2008.

They were very polite when I asked them a question. :)

Very easy, I used Paypal.

They told me he would be shipped out at the end of november.
      He was shipped on november 29th. ^_^

As far as I can tell, yes, it's my first doll. =)

Yes.

Yes.:D

n/a.

16. * What did you order?
      Lati Blue Line basic Rei Christopher + face-up, wig, prince outfit and shoes

* When did you order?
      June 18th, 2008

Great! They responded within 24 hours and were always very polite and understanding, even when there was a minor problem.

Very easy; I paid with paypal because I couldn't quite figure out their CC form.

About two months; at the end of this waiting period (second week of August) I asked them for the approximate shipping date, to which they replied "this week", and shipped him on the Friday of that week.

Yes! He's gorgeous, VERY nice sculpting detail and good mobility.

Yep! Although his head was a big smaller than I expected, mostly because they really fluffed up that wig in the sales pictures.

Yes! They even sent me the eyes I requested. Except, he came with a crack in his foot - probably caused by air bubbles...

I left them a message on their QnA about the foot, they replied the next day asking for pictures... Which I provided. They promptly apologized and told me they'd send a replacement free of cost - which I received by EMS about three weeks afterwards. I was quite satisfied with their service. :)