1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

FIRST-EVER ORDER BEGINS: LIMHO 44.5cm boy by artist Limhwa- + Blonde & Redhead pics

Jun 5, 2006

1. UPDATE: First ever sales for Limho are now being taken at www.limhwa.com
      You can order facepainting or blank face. All resin will be "normal." We are also taking orders for 43cm girlfriend ForYou and 27 cm cutie ToYou.

YES!!!! Limhwa heard you wanted Normal skin tones for your new Limho, and she has just agreed to make him in NORMAL skin, as well as NORMAL skin with ForYou (his 43cm girlfriend,) AND ToYou as well!~ Hurray!!

Questions: Will she paint Limho for me? Yes, you can request him to be painted. She also will now paint ForYou and ToYou if requested.

Thank you Limhwa!! We will have our ordering site updated in the next day or so. Please watch here for details on when we will start, and where to go.
      Here's a new pic of him, with a darker wig and look....
      [​IMG]
      We will begin taking orders for the new Limho boy in the next couple days.

We now have prices (very reasonable)

Plus set (wig and eyes) $415
      Minus set (no wig/eyes) $375

Facepainting $50

Resin color: normal. We will be getting a photo of it soon.

Quantities will be limited every month because the artist is doing everything for these guys, including painting the faces for you. We think that the first month we may only be able to offer ten boys. When we get this confirmed, we will open sales. Please watch for updates.

Limho means "Tiger of the Forest." We think he is a stunning boy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are close up shots of the hands, in the prototype (master sculpt). Limhwa is known for her amazing hands. We hope you enjoy seeing them.

[​IMG]

Hillary
      :hamster:
      [​IMG]

2. It looks like it in the photos, but I thought I might ask as I'm inexperienced; is he going to have a faceplate?

3. Is he mini sized as in MSD/DOD size, or Unoa size???
      I'd love to see more mature MSD sized boys like this <3

4. Yes, he has the type of head where the front facepart comes away, and attaches easily with a magnet at the top. It's not like the Unoa face in that it is a half head (thicker), and attaches by magnet. THis makes changing the eyes really easy and also you never worry about the face falling off the head.

Catrina

5. He's a mature slim mini, like Narin, Narae, Unoa, ForYou, Supia, N-doll, and others. He's going to be a *hunk* so I can't wait to see the first painted versions that Jung Ji Yoon sends.

Catrina
      (Limhwa assistants are asleep now)

6. Bump for news .. Limho will be finished soon and ordering will begin this month.

Hillary
      Limhwa assistant ala Lemonade

7. Oh, Yummy! *starts drooling* How much would this gorgeous hunk go for? Must have! *grabby hands* x)

8. Not sure yet about his price. I imagine it will be about the same as ForYou, the 43cm girl.

Hillary
      Limhwa's
      Lemon- Lime assistant

9. Is the artist using new resin type for this boy? I loved her girl but found her resin to be a bit more chalky then I am used to.

10. In the first shipment, the dolls were more matte in finish. Did you try sanding lightly with micro fine sandpaper? That takes off any texture and makes them smooth like marble. But this artist doesn't like shiny dolls-- she thinks they look more lifelike with a matte texture. In the second shipment the dolls were whiter and were made of a different type of resin. It was a little shinier and she didn't like it as much. In any case, a very light sanding takes care of any seams and finishing details needed to make the dolls beautiful.

Hillary
      Limhwa's summer friend

11. I never tried that as it requires taking the doll apart and sanding with water and washing after and also because it very time consuming and the dust is not good for the lungs. However if this boy is amazing I may consider it.

12. If you sand your doll lightly, it will become smooth like marble. Also, sanding under a warm water running tap means no dust will go in the air.

If you want a doll that needs no sanding at all, try a Narin 43 cm. They are completely sanded and smooth with no seams.

Hillary

13. Bump for new hunk!!!

Hillary

14. Wow! Got a price on him yet? :D

15. Not yet. we just got the photos, so we are in stand by mode.

But we all really like him. When the pics came, it was like "WHOA!! Is he cool!!"

Hillary

16. Is he in normal skin? It looks so on the pics. I thought the Limhwa dolls are all white? Will he also not be available with face up like the girls? That would be so sad. He is lovely on the pics.

Gabriele

17. Oh maaaaaaaan he's gorgeous. Someone better hide my wallet. @_@ I wasn't planning to get a second doll for like a year...

Any chance of getting some measurements for this guy, especially head and waist measurements? I'm trying to figure out what his proportions are like compared to my girl -- she's a more mature mini, but she also has a big head. XD;

18. We'll have more info about his resin color soon. Limhwa will make a choice on that for him. Do you like the more "normal" tone? (Cause believe it or not, she likes my Mom and will do nice things for us if we ask. So maybe we can get certain skin tones, or even french resin if you want).

Hillary

19. Go to the MINI dolls section, in the discussion thread. There are measurements of this guy in the first post below the photos.

I agree, he sure is a stunner. We were really happy to see him for the first time today.

Hillary
      Limhwa's assistant

P.S. Limhwa will be painting a limited quantity of dolls for us each month. We will be getting faceup pics for you soon to show what examples of her work look like. We feel this is very generous of her, since she is already working so hard getting the dolls strung and sent off to us... we are very excited about this development.

20. Is he going to be limited?