1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

French Artist Dolls on Website

Mar 20, 2007

1. Ceux sont les vetements les plus jolis que j'ai vus pendant longtemps! Je souhaite que j'aurais des poupees de 43cm, mais pensez-vous que vous fabriquerez des styles pour les poupees de 60cm?

2. Would you guys mind posting your questions in english in addition to french? It might be the same question someone else is asking, but those of us who don't speak french won't know. :whee:

3. Instant Translation:
      ari_heian said: Your dolls are so pretty! I love Iris, maybe I can buy her... how much is she?

Lolita said: Those are the nicest clothes I haven't seen in a while. I wish I had 43 cm dolls, do you think you'll ever do 60 cm dolls?

Voila...

4. I saw your dolls sunday last week at Paris Fashion doll Festival and all your dolls are so beautiful !! They are more beautiful when you can see them in real !!!!! Bravo !

5. yes algesiras is right, i made the molds myself.
      i own a liebchen and i think fancyboots made a wonderful job , so i may have been inspired by her, but i hope
      it doesn't look like a copy, i have a lot of respect for fancyboots.

6. can we make a discussion thread about this?

7. it freaks me out when people take my suggestions seriously.

anyways, I do like the outfits! what are the measurements for your dolls?

and I don't think the dolls look much like liebchen, the lips yes, but the heads have differnt proportions and have much fuller cheeks.

8. I like the outfits also unfortunatly it`s a little too expensive for me. =/

9. oh, i don't understand, messages disappear or reappear everyday ... how is it possible ?

well i took my inspiration for the lips looking at japanese koitsukihime gorgeous dolls, and i read fancyboots also did, so maybe this is why they look alike a little bit.

the shoes and most of the outfits are suitable for unoa. my dolls are taller than unoa but have a slender body.

i am working on a sd body for my heads because the heads are a little too big for this body, but i also like them like that.

maybe i will be able to make more affordable dolls with a ready to wear collection, and if i find someone to cast my dolls. paradoxically
      maybe it would be cheaper for me the find someone to cast so i am working on it.
      i am allergic to resin, so i have to use layers of protections that cost me a lot, and i have to cast in my boyfriend's parents house. so everytime i cast we have to pay train tickets because it is far from paris :(

10. it prolly would be easier if you had them factory cast, it would prolly cost the same in the end. and bee better for you health and give you more time for sewing!

11. yes i prefer sewing than casting and sanding !!! i have to use a hoover when i sand not to have dust on my face (i itch and get a rash even with a mask)and it gives me headache ...
      and i am always scared when i take the train because if security checks the luggage, there is black masks, gloves, resin, elastic strings, i think :"they will think we are terrorists !!!"

12. I saw on a tutorial , someone made a sanding box. you cut holes in the side for you hands, you put the peice in, put clear tape over the top and then sand in th ebox. it supposedly traps all the dust inside

13. i don't know how to make a sanding box, but i have been looking for one when i had allergies, and sanding boxes for sale are very expensive :(

14. Does anyone have more information about the Paris Fashion Doll Festival? It sounds intriguing!

15. lilmissmaya thanks for the link !!! i will think about it !!!

meeshabear here you can find all the informations about paris fashion doll. last week it was the 1st time the festival officially exhibited bjd's.

http://www.dollexpo.fr/