1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How did you purchase your first BJD?

Nov 10, 2013

1. I still haven't gotten my first as of yet, but i was just wondering how other's did it.

Did you save up? Did you use a credit card and do it in payments? Did you do layaway?

Just want to get some feeback from others.:sweat

2. I didn't have a credit card at the time I got my very first doll, so I had to save up for it little by little :)

3. I had some money left over from a summer job. I decided I'd use it to buy all the parts for my doll. :D So I just bought her body, clothes, and hair in one fell swoop.

The trouble is now I have her clothes and hair and props all waiting, but still no doll.

4. I saved up for a really long time and then bought her from the company

5. I saved up for my first doll and I bought him off eBay.

6. The manner in which I got my first dolls is kind of bizarre. I was at a house party and my friend and I were going through all her lolita clothing (for herself, not her dolls) and I came across her dolls, and after a little discussion she decided to give them to me as she was no longer into the hobby, but when I reminded her she'd just moved into this new house she agreed to take $50 which I had on me at the time. So it was like part gift and part payment.

7. I bought my first doll on layaway. I was very lucky Soom offered long layaways (from memory, I paid my Cuprit off on a 6 month layaway). I wouldn't have been able to get her otherwise, because she was limited to that month.

8. My first one was bought with my tax return for that year, so all at once with my government-enforced saving up. :3 I've since done a combination of saving-and-paying, layaway, and buying with tax returns.

9. I had just got a new job, and I bought mine with my first paycheck, paid in full through paypal. :)

10. I bought her body and her head separately (she's a hybrid). Body first, then head. Both parts were bought directly from the respective companies, no layaway.

11. I saved up for three years If I'm not wrong, bought the head in two payments because I had to go on travel and months after it, I bought the body and pay it all at once. I'm underage, with no mid time work and my parents don't give me money... ;w; so it's hard to save up, but completly worth it when my dolls arrive <3

12. Back in the day when I started I didn't have that much money plus I was mainly collecting ponies at that time. That's why I ordered my Pukifee Luna on layaway through DDE.

13. I saved up 90% of the money, and my dad was feeling nice (it was very close to my birthday) so he gave me that last little bit plus some for a wig/eyes. Then I purchased the doll direct from the company.

14. I gathered the money for my first resin doll (around 200$) thanks to some saving, some cosplay commissions and some handmade goods sold in a japanese-theme market, and then bought him from a reseller's site.

15. i dreamed about my grail doll more than 2,5 years. and i can't say that i did something special. i was sure that he was too expensive for me and i can't buy him now and never . but since i'm not a spender, i usually save up money for something that i'll probably buy in the future. this february, when i was sobbing under the promo of this doll again, i decide to re-count my savings. and.. omg.. i realized that i can buy it . i felt so insane in that moment, but i ordered it and now fully happy.(his total cost with shipping was 700$)
      i know that save up won't work if you want to get limited doll, but as for me it's the best way to received what you want. and the important that you will be sure that you really want it.

16. I saved up for my Souldoll Elan and bought him through Alice's Collections during their free shipping promo.

17. I had about half saved up until I got impatient and I asked my mom to help me out with a loan XD I had the loan payed back about 2 weeks after she arrived home becaus I wanted to be able to say she was completely mine :D After that I never bought any doll with any kind of loan, I always saved up beforehand, I think I got a little bit more patience over time XD

18. It was pure saving up although to be honest it came as a big surprise still! I had some leftover money I had saved up and some I was given as a gift at my birthday... I had wanted a BJD since forever and a day ago but never got to save up enough for one when it dawned me that I should have "about enough" all things considered. So... I spent the next three months keeping the money I had saved aside trying to figure out the 'perfect doll' for me until I found him... uvu

19. I ordered Goldie through Peak's Woods layaway system. I used my debit card to pay for her as I do not have a PayPal account. I save money from my weekly allowance and I also have an online accessory shop to pay for my girl :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. I saved up then paid in full. My first doll came straight from DollZone :)