1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long did you wait for your first doll??

May 13, 2010

1. We are always so exciting to wait our baby coming home.
      First doll is the most special and exciting exprience for me, and maybe to all of u guys too.:D
      Do u still remember how long did you wait for your first doll ? :aheartbea
      Is there any special meaning about their name??
      Any things special or unforgettable happened while you get them??:)

2. To me, it was loooog looooong story >_<
      When I was a little boy, my grandfather gave me a sum of money and asked me to buy a camera.
      I decided to shopping on-line, cause I do not like to go outside, and damn it, our house is toooo far away from downtown.
      While, I really found many cameras, and I did placed a order (Hmmmm, yeah, it's true !!!)
      Since there were some money left after I placed a order, my grandfather agreed me to use the money to buy something for myself.
      Ladies and Gentleman, Pls Attention!!
      The magic happened!!
      I found a gorgeous doll from volks. I fell in love with him at first sight when I saw Kenin (tachitabana shiro).
      I canceled my grandfather's order and bought Kenin at once!!
      Of course, my grandfather did not know it >_<
      But when he found it, Jesus, he almost beaten me to death lol
      And from then on, I had to clean up our house for 6 months!!! Especially, my family run a hotspring hotel.
      When Kenin arrived, I still suffered from the damn punishment.
      Anyway, I never regret!! Kenin is my first doll and would be my best love ever and never, no matter how many dolls I owned.
      To me, it was loooog looooong story >_<
      When I was a little boy, my grandfather gave me a sum of money and asked me to buy a camera.
      I decided to shopping on-line, cause I do not like to go outside, and damn it, our house is toooo far away from downtown.
      While, I really found many cameras, and I did placed a order (Hmmmm, yeah, it's true !!!)
      Since there were some money left after I placed a order, my grandfather agreed me to use the money to buy something for myself.
      Ladies and Gentleman, Pls Attention!!
      The magic happened!!
      I found a gorgeous doll from volks. I fell in love with him at first sight when I saw Kenin (tachitabana shiro).
      I canceled my grandfather's order and bought Kenin at once!!
      Of course, my grandfather did not know it >_<
      But when he found it, Jesus, he almost beaten me to death lol
      And from then on, I had to clean up our house for 6 months!!! Especially, my family run a hotspring hotel.
      When Kenin arrived, I still suffered from the damn punishment.
      Anyway, I never regret!! Kenin is my first doll and would be my best love ever and never, no matter how many dolls I owned.

3. Your story is tooo funny!!
      Well, my first doll was coming at the same day with my birthday!
      I was soo exciting when I took her from the post man.
      As same as you, I expected own my doll since I was a little girl, but the dream came ture after long time ^o^
      Oh, her name is Sissi =^-^=

4. Mmm...
      I'm still waiting for the first one to arrive but I was wondering...
      The waiting period starts at the placing order time? Or does it starts at the moment you want to own a BJD?
      (Ok... now i think is a stupid question... i guess it starts with the placing order time...)

So... I've been waiting for 3 months and 11 days... Almost home ^^
      But my father doesn't know that my BJD is coming (he doesn't like BJD x____X)

I'll come back later to tell you the complete story ^^

5. Oh... My first doll is a hybryd. So first I waited for the head for 2 months and then for the body for 1,5 months. It was very agonizing =.=

6. I'm still waiting for my first doll(s) - technically will be getting the two in my sig about the same time.. but one was ordered a little short of a month after the first xP long story; It's been two months now nearly a third, but I expect it sometime in the beginning of June.. but I can always be wrong :gonk:

7. I ordered my first on January 4th, 2006... a CP Shiwoo Special.

They arrived in early February. I only had to wait about a month. (And I say "they" because it only took one look at that extra, Dreaming head to know that there was no way he would ever pass as the same person as the open-eyed one. The attitude and face-ups were completely different. So... while I'd only planned on ONE doll, I ended up with a pair of twins. XD)

8. I'm also still waiting for mine to appear on my doorstep XDD I ordered the first on May 4th and the second just 2 days later! :lol:
      It really doesn't feel like just 9 days since I placed my first order; it feels like 9 MONTHS have come and gone! *_* It doesn't stop me checking my shipping status every hour or so though =P

9. mine was a surprise christmas gift from my boyfriend, he wanted it to arrive in time for christmas but ended up getting it at the end of january xD either way i'm still happy with my doll :D

10. I'd kind of had a closet love for dolls for a few years before I knuckled down and decided I had to have one. I was looking at dolls on ebay, ones that were being given face-ups and sold for profit, when I saw a tanning El up for auction. I fell in love with him. He was absolutely gorgeous and I thought he was the prettiest doll I'd ever seen.

Seeing one in person at Acen, up close, didn't help me much either. My con roomies that year had them. I had always seen them in pictures, and seeing one in real life just kind of made me want one more.

But at the time, I didn't have a job, and there was no way I was going to ask for my parents to buy a seven-hundred doll.

So I went job hunting.

When I finally found a job in October, I started saving. I was determined to get a tanning El before that next Acen.

See, I have this bad habit of waiting on things I really really like, getting cold feet, and missing out. I wasn't going to do that this time.

So I saved.

When I got about three-hundred saved up, I asked my dad if I could give him the three hundred I had, and give him the rest later on, paying him a little bit out of each paycheck, so I'd have money for Acen. I was terrified that if I waited any longer, I wouldn't be able to get him.

He agreed.

And I made my order at the end of March that year. :) I remember finally getting that notice that he'd be delivered. I tried to get back to my house before the mailman so I could get him. I was too late though. :( I ended up rushing back out and snagging him before I went to work. He came to work with me and stayed in my car, hidden in the backseat. ^.^; He was okay though. My mom was actually thrilled to see him, and thought he was beautiful. My dad still thinks I'm crazy.

He was naked for a few weeks after that, unfortunately. I couldn't seem to tap into the same resources for clothing that I can now (I've just started to be able to get enough money so I can get him actual clothes). I don't regret him at all, though, even in the couple of years where he sat on my shelf, due to my lack of funds and space. Now I've taken up the hobby again, full force, and he's getting the care he deserves. :)

11. So far? Two weeks. *paces frantically*

12. Still waiting for my first. and it's day 92. :sweat

EDIT:
      She arrived on day 108 of my wait. I was soo glad it was over.

13. My first doll is a hybrid; I waited about a month or a month and a half for the head and just around a week for the body. Not very long ^^ I was just a little afraid that I might miss the boxes because I was in the process of moving back then.
      That wouldn't have been an issue at all but shipping for the head was delayed unexpectedly.

14. I placed my order on February 26th and the waiting is getting a bit agonizing. I've been trying not to count the days but its been about 2 1/2 months and I imagine she will get here in the next couple of weeks. I hope just the first one is this nerve wracking because I'm not sure I can take it. I think because I have so many plans for her, and am anxious to make clothing for her that its worse. I cant wait till she arrives. She will be so spoiled!

15. one month ? actually i can not remmeber clearly

16. I am a new collector although I have been keen on BJDs for some time. It was only recently I placed my order for my first doll on March 4 this year. The wait was actually killing me; on one hand I wanted them to hurry up and send my boy to me, but on the other, I'd rather wait for a quality work than a rushed out work. He was supposed to arrive on Apr 23 but no one was at home and since it was a Friday I had to wait all the way till Monday in order to collect him from the post office. The wait was certainly worth it because he was just so lovely! :aheartbea

17. it was about three months for my DZ X that I got last year I ordered at the beginnign of July and didn't get the doll until the beginning of Septmeber.

18. 7 weeks and 5 days. Ordered on February 28 and arrived at April 22. Oh wow, I actually remembered it clearly. *_*

19. I'm still in the process of saving money for the first doll (How painfull >_<)
      I love Vampire very much and I hope I can take him home sooner ^o^

20. The body I ordered arrived in less than a week. Very fast indeed!
      I ordered the head on April 2nd, and so far it hasn't shipped yet, although I haven't checked on it today.
      I used to check it everyday, but now I've cooled down, because checking on it all the time will make it worse!

But, technically, I'm still waiting on the body as well because I sent everything to my house instead of my school, which turned out to be a good choice as I definitely will not get the head before school ends.
      :aheartbea
      Some of you have amusing stories. ^^