1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many floating heads do you have? (2017-2018)

Mar 7, 2017

?

How many floating heads do you have?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2019.
  1. 0

41 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. 1-5

205 vote(s)
    69.0%
  3. 6-10

34 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. 11-15

4 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. 16-20

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  6. over 20

11 vote(s)
    3.7%
    1. Normally, I wouldn't have any, as I tend to not buy heads until I have a body planned and am actively buying it. However, right now, I have one.

When I first became interested in Minifee, the first head I loved was Mirwen, but I wanted to start with a secondhand doll for short wait times, seeing the exact doll first and to save a little money. At the time, I couldn't find a Mirwen to meet my needs, so I bought an RFA instead. A year later, my sister was offered a Mirwen in a trade, and she accepted, knowing I love the sculpt. She then gave the head to me in exchange for faceup/body blushing work. So now I have this beautiful unexpected Mirwen head with no body, and because I've been saving up for a convention, I haven't even begun looking for a body for her. I'll look for a suitable body at the con, if there are any in my price range, and if not then I'll start looking for one in a few months, once I've had time to save up again. She's on the back burner for now while I take care of other priorities.

2. I have over 57 floating heads (I stopped counting after I hit 57, but there are a few more). I did not include faceplates (only full heads) or heads that are "alternate heads" for characters that have both bodies and heads (I have several characters that have multiple heads).

I also have 3 floating bodies, but they're not assigned to any of the floating heads.

I also have over 60 full dolls.

My library/doll room is very crowded.

3. Two, and no full dolls. And now I feel tempted to get a third. It is just so much easier to buy heads than bodies, especially since I know I am going to hybrid them anyway.
      EDIT: Oh, I always forget the head I was gifted. I use it for practice.

#23 iamkathybrown, Mar 7, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    4. I have

4 on-topic floating heads
      - Doll Factory Lachlan
      - Soom Romantic Dia
      - Or-Doll Orlando
      - Simply Divine Jesse

1 on-topic floating head:
      - Hujoo Io head

Most will remain floating heads or be sold. They were intended for dolls, but they didn't work out, and I purchased other heads for those dolls.

The only one that might become a doll is the Simply Divine Jesse head who may displace my Harlequin. I haven't decided.

I will probably sell all but Orlando because I like his teeth and the company so much (and perhaps my Hujoo Io, but that one is because it's probably unsellable, as its blue).

5. I have one at the moment and I'm planning on practising face ups on it.

6. I have 2. One I am planning on getting a body for and the other one I will eventually sell.

7. I always said I will not have partial dolls or floating heads in this hobby, I was so wrong....
      I have it down to two floating heads, They are Twin Mad Scientist Mads heads by Granado. I love the Mads sculpt, but really dont care for Granado bodies. I need to find the perfect bods for the boys.

Edit** I lied... I have 4 floating heads. I have two DollShe David heads, Open Eye and Close Eye. Totally forgot about them.

8. I have 5. I don't really like to have more than 1 or 2 floating heads at a time, but with DiM discontinuing all of their sculpts last year, I jumped on quite a few as they had all been on my wishlist and were at a very good price. I'm still searching for bodies for all of them, and hope to get at least 1 of them a body by the end of the year.

Only 1 of those heads isn't from DiM, my Doll Leaves Pepper. I also purchased this head last year, but it didn't end up working out for the character. Since then I've been trying to sell it, but it's been almost a year. It's a cute little head with a very pretty default face-up, but I don't really have a character for it and I'm not the type able to create characters for dolls. I only have one character it could potentially be, but honestly, I'm not sure if Pepper is pretty enough for her. If I did face-ups more often I'd be tempted to keep it as a practice head, but I don't, so I'm not sure. I might do a give-away. I'm really not sure at this point, so it stays in the box with other spare body parts.

9. I have a tiny one I use for face-up practice

10. That I consider regular members of the crew, and so intend to get bodies for? None.

That I have stashed away in the "spare resin" box as practice heads, or heads kept for the sake of completeness with certain lines or that just came to me as spares (event gifts, alternate heads with full-sets and such)? About ten.

They'll never have bodies or be part of the regular collection, so they're not even included on my Profile list.

11. I have 0 XD
      But I currently have 2 bodies without heads...

12. I have two floating heads and it really bothers me. I need to get bodies for them because usually floating heads don't stay long :(

13. Thank you for asking not to count faceplates - then I'd have ridiculous numbers since I have an alternate faceplate obsession with my Fairyland dolls. I have only 3 floating heads: 2 DIM Minimee heads I haven't found bodies for and 1 cat head from Dika doll I got as a free gift and no idea what to do with.

14. Once my first doll arrives, I will have one! I ordered a full doll and got a free head as part of that particular company's Spring event! :)

15. I've found that floating heads stress me out, so I only have one now. She was my first one, who is a grail of mine and who I do plan to get a body for someday hahaha.
      The problem is I want her on a new Volks SD13 body (the ones with the double jointed elbows) and they don't pop up secondhand nearly as often as the old type. The most reliable way to get one would be doing an FCS split but I feel like that would be stressful and expensive... :doh

16. At home, with me, I only have a single floatie, but I'm currently waiting for two :lol:

17. I currently have 5 floating heads(2 SD, 2MSD,1Yo-SD). Hopefully, I will be able to get the Yo-SD and 1SD body this year. I am still undecided on what bodies to get for the rest of my floating head crew.

18. I've 7 at the moment! 2 (or possibly 3) of which are waiting for their lazy owner to get around to finding bodies for them, and 1 of which said owner is planning to rehome soon. :(

19. I have 3. 2 were promotional event heads that came with a purchase of a full doll. The 3rd I bought without a body because I was in love with the face sculpt but was not too impressed with the body sculpts by that company.

20. One of my spare heads is a sleepy variant of the El I bought as my first doll - the second is a School A because I fell in love with that sculpt just as I was planning to get out of the hobby, and couldn't help myself regardless. :)