1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many floating heads do you have? (2017-2018)

Mar 7, 2017

?

How many floating heads do you have?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2019.
  1. 0

41 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. 1-5

205 vote(s)
    69.0%
  3. 6-10

34 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. 11-15

4 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. 16-20

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  6. over 20

11 vote(s)
    3.7%
    1. I have just one I got as a freebie last year. I actually bought a body for him exactly 2 months ago and I'm still waiting. Waiting.:sigh
      In the meantime, I've been having fun taking goofy pictures of it.

2. Last year I decided to sell the few floating heads that I had- as it seemed I was never going to get bodies for them anyways. So I sold them and all was good for a few months... but now it appears that 3 new floating heads have already moved into my house...sigh.

Buying floating heads just seem to be a bad habit that I can't break! :doh :doh :doh

3. I have 5 floating heads. That make me so sad.

4. I've got two floaty heads right now. One technically has a body but until I'm done sanding and modding it, he doesn't really.

5. I am down to only 2 floating heads now... fingers crossed that I'll be able to get them bodies later this year >____<

6. I'm at 4 right now (one arrived yesterday)

I'm not in too much of a rush to body them since some are just for faceup practice, and I only plan on having a few characters out at a time anyway. So I'll switch the heads out when I want to do something new with one of them

7. I'm waiting for a DZ body for one, and then I'll be down to four. Those four are probably going to stay bodyless for a while.

8. Two currently, but I am on the list for Minimee Norman Reedus, then it will be three until I get him a body. Or four floating heads if I buy the Little Rebel Jelle head that is coming out next month, which I don't think I can resist....

9. Only 1.. and 3 practice heads

10. Five..a practice head, three ringdoll ns heads. which match a doll I have.Each are different ones..and my RS Frankenstein came with two heads.

11. I never understood why people have floating heads...

until I got one myself. Now, I can't seem to stop browsing for a suitable body, undecided on the style, etc. and the more I browse, the more irresistible floating heads I found on the market. I need help!! :drool

12. I have two at the moment and I will be adding a third this month. I prefer to buy the body and the head a the same time, because I know that if i don't do that, I will have a large collection of floating heads, because I never buy them a body. The two heads I have, have been floating for some years know, becasue I cannot find the right body.

13. At the moment, I have two. A standard Luts Abadon and a Luts Abadon Dreaming version.

14. Haha, I have 5 at the moment. I am planning new homes for three of them (not in a rush though) and the other two will share bodies with my other bjds since I don't have the space and the money...yeah that will have to do it. I can also buy headstands to display them as bust sculptures too (not a bad idea) :)

15. I just bought a head only of the first time, for a popovy doll. I think the bodies are hard to come by unfortunately! If anyone has one out there let men now!!

16. I have two right now. Both are waiting for their bodies. I find floating heads to be particularly dangerous for me. I just can't stand for them not to have a body, so I try not to buy any. Seems like that plan has flaws. Oh dear, :doh.

17. Let's see, I have one that'll take me a bit to get a body for, two with bodies but the bodies won't work for their characters (which puts me again on the hunt for the right ones:sweat), and one I plan to use with one of those bodies but hasn't been fully incorporated to it yet. So...that last one technically I consider a floating head.

I also have at least one floating body I'm planning to keep, and just need the right head for:XD:

18. I have 2 floating heads right now and more coming in the future haha

19. I have one unoa faceplate (and an unoa flat bust) but it barely counts because it's back at my parents place, has been for years now, and it doesn't look like I'm getting it back any time soon...

20. I'm the great place of having 0 floating heads, at the moment! When I joined the hobby for the first time I bought just a head (I don't count this head as my first doll) which were without the body 3 years :'( After that, I decided to sell that poor head for someone who would love the head more. I noticed that I never would buy the body for the head's I bought separately. So no floating heads for me I guess (?).