1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many floating heads do you have? (2017-2018)

Mar 7, 2017

?

How many floating heads do you have?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2019.
  1. 0

41 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. 1-5

205 vote(s)
    69.0%
  3. 6-10

34 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. 11-15

4 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. 16-20

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  6. over 20

11 vote(s)
    3.7%
    1. I have one floating head and he bothers me a little. :sweat It's a David Bowie head I got in a group order quite some time ago. I don't know that I could ever sell it due to sentimental reasons, but I also don't know if I could ever justify him his own body. Maybe a few more years in a drawer will change my mind. I definitely don't like floating heads, though, and were it anyone other than Mr. B. it would be out the door.

2. two XD one was a limited edition doll head and she didn't make her own bases or have them come with faceup so I've been hesitant to touch it until i get some experience

3. Five and a half... With one more, rather special head on the way.

The half has a pair of Soom hoof legs on the way, but it'll be a little while until I'll be in the position to add his torso!

The rest are a mixture of free event/cheap practice heads, and the floating Dollshe trio bought in a panic during the first of the 'discontinuation' sales... I fully intend to give the Dollshes bodies (they'd have them already, if my plans for them weren't so different to the lanky aesthetic of the Dollshe bodies they're compatible with), and one of the two cheapy heads has already rejected a body intended for it! The final head will be Obitsu'd eventually, but the recent collapse of the GBP has made the cost a wee bit more painful than it would have been even a few months ago.

#83 Vetinari, Sep 1, 2017
      Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    4. I have no floating heads as I only buy full dolls. I never buy just a head or just a body.

5. ROTFL I feel so bad that I have so many floating heads in my doll collection. It's really funny and kinda sad but when I buy a doll I get free heads and I have like ten dolls so I have eight floating heads right now. I really want to make some twin dolls in the future so you never know when a floating head can become something great. <3 :D

6. Just one - a Déesse Project head - She was never meant to be a floating head but unfortunately circumstances changed and I've been out of doll-buying for a bit. So she's still sitting in her box safely out of the way. I have a plan - get a Resinsoul 70cm body, colour matched - but it's been postponed for a while.

7. I don't have any because, knowing me, it would take years to ever find a body for it... but it is really tempting to get them sometimes.

8. I have 7, just think about to get bodies for them, now their sharing body, it's very inconvenient

9. I have 3 alternate heads for the same doll (OE and R. God Master Heliot, for example), but I don't really consider them to be floating heads. They have a shared body, matching faceups to the other head, and I will never buy a separate body for them, so I put 0.

#89 AmberLeigh, Sep 9, 2017
      Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    10. I used to have one.
      Then they became two.
      Managed to get bodies for both.
      Now I have another one again.

I can never seem to get rid of floating heads in my doll family. Pretty sculpts are just so tempting! <3

11. I have 10 floating heads, most of them by DIM and some by DZ

12. I don't have floating heads but I am curious to how people manage their floating heads.Do they rotate heads? Or just wait to buy individual bodies for those heads?

13. I currently have one Soom Teenie Gem head that is still awaiting a face-up, body, clothes etc.

14. I have 4 atm. One I am selling as it came with my doll and I only wanted the one head. The other 3 are all LEs and blank doubles of my other dolls that I keep for if anything happened to the head that is on the body. I don't have any intention of turning these into full dolls.

15. At the moment I have 2 floating head (Ios Sezz in tan skin and Doll family-H xiaoxin), but I'm waiting 3 more (Supiadoll dreaming Rosy, Gangster Saga and Switch Taeheo) :sweat I hope next year to have 3 bodies to complete them, the two initial heads I intend to sell them

16. I currently have two floating heads but I plan on getting bodies for them soon. It feels a bit odd leaving them without one. :sweat

17. I have two floating heads at the moment. One was free with the purchase of my first doll. Then at the International Doll and Teddy Show this year, my mom and I each got a doll head with admission. I've gotten a body for one of the heads, but the other is still floating.

18. I only have one, a peakswoods Knox. Im currently looking for a body so hopefully he won't be floating for too long.

19. I've two of them... Floating and without any faceup or a body in sight... ;3; "Never get any floating heads" I had sworn to myself... "Always just buy the whole doll" I had told myself...
      My heads are precious to me and they were both bought because the sculpts got both discontinued and I had plans for them but no money for two whole dolls at that time... Now I am looking for bodies for both... But still no money... ^^"

20. I hate the idea of floating heads. I really do and for the longest time, I didn't have any because I am kind of OCD and the fact that I have an incomplete doll drives me insane. Also each of my doll have different styles, so it's not as convenient as head swaping. But now I'm running out of space and can't afford the space for more bodies. Currently I have 2 heads that share bodies.