1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many floating heads do you have? (2017-2018)

Mar 7, 2017

?

How many floating heads do you have?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2019.
  1. 0

41 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. 1-5

205 vote(s)
    69.0%
  3. 6-10

34 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. 11-15

4 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. 16-20

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  6. over 20

11 vote(s)
    3.7%
    1. mmmm just heads ... or face plates too because those things i swear are like potato chips. it safe to say that after one point in time feeling guilty when I had one head with out a body. now I have about 20 heads floating around in boxes. Granted I think several of them are older heads that I probably have little intention of doing much with but hold on to for sentimental reasons.

2. I have 2 floating heads at the moment. A Migidoll Cynical Yujin head ( which I plan to put on a DollClans body) and a Monochrome Erik head ( still looking for a suitable body).
      When I first started, I was a bit reluctant to buy a head on its own. However, as time progresses, I am starting to get more comfortable with hybridizing, thanks to all the helpful information that can be found is this forum.:whee:

3. I have one but I don't know what it is. If it's he or she. all I know is it's a luts head.

4. Only one - but the body is on its way. (I have had up to five or six in the past, but they do make me uncomfortable...)

5. I have 0 and never have had one. I'm not sure if that will change or not, I know 'gift' heads are a thing sometimes but the only event I've ordered during was one where my sister ordered a Big Dipper from Dollzone and I paid the extra for the Scorpio event doll.
      I've thought about getting a practice head to work on doing face-ups but knowing me as soon as I did a decent one I'd never wipe it and would instead get him or her a body asap.

6. I don't have any...they make me feel quite uncomfortable. No idea why, but I always worry about them and feel tremendous pressure to buy them a body asap! I've learned that I simply can't have them just hanging around without feeling that they've somehow wrecked my dolly tranquility.

Having said that however, I've often thought a very cool collection would be to have one male and one female body, and then just collect heads...and that be someone's entire collection. That would be an awesome thing to see! And just think how much space and money you'd save.;)

7. I have 2. I don't plan to do anything with them. They're just there. And probably not worth selling.

I got both of them because I wanted their bodies for other dolls. I had to buy the full dolls to get the bodies. One of them is actually a really nice sculpt, I just don't like it enough to spend money on a body xD Maybe one day I'll take pity when I've finished buying the dolls I reaaaally want.

8. I voted for over 20, but a lot of those are extra heads that will never have bodies of their own as they "share" (three Dollmore Kara Klum heads, two Migidoll Ryu's -vampire and cynical- a Ringdoll Mona and Alice99 that go with my Aya, two more Ringdoll K heads), or heads that are discontinued or limited and I am not ready to get rid of that I don't ever plan to buy bodies for....so the number of heads I have right now, in my possession that I actually plan to get bodies for someday, is four. And of those, two will share as one is an extra again, so really just three.

Also, I have two on the way who will eventually get bodies, and two more Ringdoll K heads who won't as they will just be more expressions for the original. I just keep them all in a black tub where I don't ever have to look at them until I need to. Except for the K heads....I change those more frequently so they go in his tub.

9. I only have one floating head, a DollZone Mo B, who will one day be the adult version of my normal msd Mo. But I also have a floating Sia tail that I'm hoping to finally have enough for the FL body with in the next few months! I'll be getting a Lishe for my naga girl :3 So I guess my answer is 1.5?

10. I try to stay around 3 or so at a time. Right now I have an Another Secret Narcissus and My IoS boy. One of the other floating IoS boys finally got a body! I have the human Bygg head from my Soom Bygg, but I don't generally count that one, as technically it's an option head... But I have my eye on at the very least, I'd like to get the Serenade Rabbit head this year! And it will be a loooong time before I can get it a body. My IoS boys- poor things- have waited YEARS. I am BAD about getting bodies! Like really bad...And I don't like heads to share bodies.

11. I think I have 7 at the moment. 6 Minifee heads (including 2 sleeping heads) and a Unoa Lusis head. I should sell the ones I'm not bonding with, but I'm so darn lazy. Someday someday. I don't like them sharing bodies, so I aim to have 0.

12. Oh my god, I avoided floating heads for eight years! And now I have one... I'm in crisis.

13. I try NOT to have floating heads--but, my first 3 or 4 dolls came with extra heads, so I was DOOMED! I've only bought 2 heads separately! I swear!

I keep getting them as extra gifts...! I try and get bodies for them, but it's a slow, slow process. I'm not exactly sure how many I have now...

1. Elf Lishe extra Dreaming-eye head.
      2. Elf Lishe extra Dreaming-eye Vampire head.
      3. Elf Yder extra sleeping head (eyes opened mod).
      4. Soom Ender MD Human head (can be swapped with jackal head on shared body).
      5. Minimee Jake (Avatar) head. (Try finding a body for that!)
      6. Doll In Mind Free Gift Head.
      7. Sugarble Free Gift Head.
      8. BNB Gift Head.
      9. BNB Gift Head.

I THINK that's it...! :|

14. I have characters that share bodies so I have a lot of extra heads :D

15. I have one floating head but hopefully not for long. My Esthy Peroth will be floating onto a new Akagi body in a few months:)

16. At the moment I have 5. I keep trying to save for bodies and then I'll find a head that I've been wanting for sale and impulse it. :doh

17. I changed the date limit. Feel free to vote!

#117 Lilla, Jan 11, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    18. When I first discovered the hobby and started looking for dolls, I told myself that I would always buy full dolls... But now I have three floating heads. ;-; Right now, I don't have plans to get them bodies. Even though they all have characters... I haven't even really thought about which bodies to get for them.

19. Only one, and I'm debating what to do with it. I'm not sure of the character yet, so I don't really want to buy a body until I know for sure what I want to do with it.

20. 3 so far and 1 coming up for plans :lol: I have a set of characters that I wanted to shell into dolls and it's been quite a struggle full doll-wise so as a compromise the bodies will come later to make everything easier. My wallet's pretty happy about it too :thumbup