1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many floating heads do you have? (2019/2020)

Jan 18, 2019

?

How many floating heads do you have?

Poll closed Dec 29, 2020.
  1. 0

16.2%
  2. 1-5

64.4%
  3. 6-10

12.4%
  4. 11-15

2.5%
  5. 16-20

1.3%
  6. Over 20

3.2%
    1. This is all about floating heads: the heads you received as gifts, the ones you bought, these never finished/half finished/fully grown personalities that don't have their own bodies or that need to share with the head 'that has it all'.

Please count:
      * full heads only, the ones that have their own headbacks,
      * do not count faceplates.

Thank you

2. 10 more or less. Or even more...? If you think I have bought 3 heads from PW this past month... I'm just too lazy to check lol

3. Way more than 20, I’ve lost count. Maybe 35 or 40? Okay I sound crazy, but let me explain... of my 18 dolls, many have ‘spares’. My anxiety & autism makes me worry they’ll get damaged & I’ll never find another, so when I buy a doll I often buy a spare of the same head. I also have my two unique custom sculpts from Namonaki. Because they’re custom, I had to order a minimum of ten heads for each casting. I didn’t really want to sell, so I have all the casts from those two. A good consequence of that is that I’m a lot less worried about them! The two dolls that have those heads are clearly favourites & get a lot more interaction because even in the event of getting chipped or damaged... I could just swap heads.

All the heads live in a drawer in a big chest. I also sometimes buy heads from artists or on sale, in case I can’t get them later. I can always look for a body afterwards! Although of those, only one is currently missing a body.

4. 5, and I feel like that's 3 too many. One is a grail and another is my first faceup head (so sentimental) but the other 3 just sit there and complain about needing bodies. :horror:

5. I own ten, and I don't plan on purchasing bodies for any of them. It was always my goal to never own more than ten full BJD, so I knew I would own a few floating heads just because I like some faces more than the bodies and I don't sell heads. I had plans to get a body for one of them eventually (many years ago), but the longer I "stay" in this hobby, the less I like the aesthetics of available bodies. DX

6. I believe only 2. Dollzone Bertha and my new Miracle Doll Vic are still in need of bodies... I have an Angel of Dream skull but I don't intend to ever get him a body so he doesn't count.

Unrelated, but I also have a floating body that doesn't match either of them. Go figure lol

7. I think i'm currently at 15 and i'm sure that will grow. For me it's a good way of managing with limited space and money to have multiple heads share a body. I can only have a few dolls out at a time and switching what characters they are every couple of months stops me getting bored :)

8. Only 1 (via split), and it's still in production. But I have so many "wants" that I'd have to buy more heads, since there is no more room for full dolls :roll:

9. Just two. I've been through three others though, because I am a big hybrider. But now I have one practice head and one head that needs a body left.

10. Too Many!

I have a Baby Delf body that I've been trying to find a head for, so have several failures (some look OK with the doll alone, but with SD sized ovlder siblings, the poor Baby Delf looks like it's had a head transplantf orm a bigger doll)

And I'm an RML addict so can't resist snappign up RML heads if they come up on the marketplace or Ebay.

And I have some tiy heads that I got to try on an inbetweeny sized body.

Sp, yes, far too many floating heads, though I do have a couple of bodies that two of them would fit on, so that could bring the numbers down a little(and increase the number of full dolls in the house instead)

Teddy

11. Glad I’m not the only one who buys heads & bodies before deciding which goes on which. XD

12. One, but I dont really count him, since I bought him on a body, explicitly for the purpose of stealing his body, and just havent gotten around to selling the head :sweat it's not like I intentionally bought it to keep.

That said, I have nothing against floating heads, and wouldnt mind owning more... but I know I'd be super tempted to buy bodies for them, so maybe that's for the best!

13. i have 2 dollfie dream floating heads that i got to practice modding and painting on vinyl! they are not 100% floating bc they have torsos that i can display them on.

14. I used to have 1 floating head but then I found a body for him so haha 0 :)

15. At this moment in time I have one floating head,... however he hopefully won't be body-less for long. I've gotten his body ordered, just waiting for it to ship.

16. one napidoll rogebell open eyed in NS

17. That I intend to get bodies for? None

That are just hanging around in the "head box" for completeness' sake (Alternate heads from full-sets and such), or until I sell them off or give them away? About a dozen.

18. I have five floating heads. It is difficult to find suitable bodies. Every time I watch these heads, it makes me feel sad.